“Always a great steak and service too!”
Review of Ajax Keg

Ajax Keg
Reserve with OpenTable
Ajax Keg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 222 Restaurants in Ajax
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Whitby, Canada
“Always a great steak and service too!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We prefer to go to this Keg in Ajax because it is one of their newer ones in the Greater Toronto Region. It it much brighter than the Oshawa Keg; but some may like that/romantic(?). We have been here many times and have always been satisfied. Bit pricey for some; but in their case, we get what we pay for = :-)

Visited May 2014

“Disappointed”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We have been to this Keg numerous times for different occasions like birthdays and anniversaries and always enjoyed the food.
When we arrived we were seated quite promptly but unfortunately they put us at a booth right by the kitchen which was incredibly noisy, we asked to be moved and they accommodated us no problem at another table less noisy however the restaurant is very noisy anyways...

Every other time we've been to this restaurant they ask us if we are celebrating anything special and this time they did not ( we went to celebrate my daughter's birthday ) not that I'm looking for a free piece of cake but the recognition would have been nice.

I had the salmon and garlic mashed potatoes and they were both incredibly salty, my wife also stated to me that her meal was also quite salty.
Now I would have said something to our server ( who by they way was a bit drab) but my kids were already embarrassed by me asking to swap tables, so I kept my salty mouth shut.

Now I am not looking for anything for free but for almost $170.00 for a meal (no booze and we drank water) I would expect more.

This last experience at the Keg left a bad taste in my mouth ( and a thirsty one due to the off the charts level of sodium in the food) I will rethink my choice in restaurants and probably change our next " special occasion" establishment.

Visited July 2014
Stuart, Florida
“Nice restaurant, great food and service”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great restaurant for a business dinner as well as a nice romantic night out. Great food and service.

• Visited September 2013
Ajax
“A great meal in the end”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We love the Keg, been there many times including Banff Alberta. Our favorite is the classic prime rib with the trimmings.

Tonight was different as we arrived in a torrential down pour, wind and lightning. Parking was difficult as everyone tried to park by the door and avoid the rain. I rushed in while the driver tried to find a parking spot. I asked if there was a wait time and was told no. After waiting at the door and a few people entered the driver made it in and when we approached the front desk and I was surprised to find that there was now a twenty minute wait? We were ushered to the bar area which was quite crowded and noisy.

After being seated and ordering (with a pitch from the server of a larger portion than the listed 10 oz) our prime rib arrived. I was quite surprised as the inside was hardly one quarter inch thick (not the delicious three quarters from previous visits) and instead of medium rare (a touch pink) it was really well done. A couple of bights proved it was tough and not up to par.

The server returned and I mentioned that the prime rib was not as per our past experiences. She left and in short order a manager appeared and asked if there was a concern. On observing the portion he apologized and agreed it was not up to their standards. He indicated that it might be quite some time before another prime rib was ready but I would not be charged for the meal. Shortly after he came back and said another serving would come shortly. Soon after a lovely medium rare portion was delivered with fresh potato, etc.. It was delicious.

Our bill arrived and as stated I was not charged for the meal so the waitress got a nice tip.

Not sure about the kitchen quality control but the staff and manager handled it very well and we will return again.

As usual the service was excellent, the back ground noise a little loud and parking could be more convenient.

• Visited June 2014
Cork, Ireland
“Delicious :)”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I've been to the keg twice recently and enjoyed both times.

The first time was with some friends just for desserts and cocktails, everything was delicious! I had the billy miner pie, which was excellent value as the portion is huge!! We sat in the dining room and our server was excellent, she was very attentive.

The second time was for a meal with my boyfriend,we sat on the patio as it was nice out. He had one of the classic dinners and I had a new york steak, both were good portion sizes and cooked well. we shared the cheesecake for dessert.
Everything was really tasty but I found that our server was a bit OTT. She explained the entire menu without us asking and returned to check on us too many times, it was overkill in my opinion, but maybe that's just my irish pessimism!

Overall a nice restaurant for a treat!