Homewood Suites By Hilton Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ajax
Quebec
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The service was great and with a smile and housekeeping was great. The rooms were wonderful and clean. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. The only problem I would see was their breakfast staff. I don't know if they were understaffed or what? I have to admit they had a lot of guest at the breakfast. They were out of a lot of the items and it was hard to find a table because the dishes were left on the tables from previous guest because the cart that holds the dirty dishes was overflowing. I tend to think they were just understaffed because the two workers that I could see never stopped for a moment trying to keep up with the demand. The only reason I did not give it five green circles was because of the breakfast situation.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ChezQuebec

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fayetteville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stay in hotels 100+ nights a year and most of them are Hilton hotels. While I was at the hotel, I decided I wanted to write a review because it was an exceptionally good experience. The pride in their hotel and the excellence they have achieved are worth a great review. The front desk staff was friendly and professional. It is great to see smiling faces each time you go by.
The hotel is brand new and the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. I like the kitchens and suite design, and the bed is very comfortable.
The hotel provides dinner Monday through Thursday nights. I ate dinner in the hotel 2 nights. The food was not outstanding, but it at least gives you an option if you want something convenient. It did exceed my expectations when I heard they provided food in the dining room.
There is no restaurant, but there is one at the Hilton Garden Inn next door which the front desk recommended.
As a Diamond Hilton Honors member, I receive free wifi so I am not sure if guests normally have to pay.
I would imagine Homewood Suites is the best hotel in the area as I feel it is one of the best when compared to similarly priced hotels in Canada and the United States.
I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor and it was very quiet (and I was on the side of the highway). I never onc...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
St Catharines, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My experience was not good both arriving and departing I waited a hour for my room to be ready even though I arrived at 4.30pm. the check out person could not do Visa transaction and said my card was not working her co-worker had to help her just to swipe a card and she had to tell the world that my card was not working and my card was and is working. not good

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

3 Thank Alieth A
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This is a good newer hotel but caution as it is very close to the highway. If your on the wrong side of the hotel you will hear road noise all night. It is modern and the staff are very polite. I would stay here again but learned the hard way which side of the hotel to stay on.

Stayed June 2014
Komoka, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel as a family of 5 while my husband was playing in a basketball tournament in Whitby. Great space, clean and friendly service. Breakfast was reasonable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Callicoon PA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Quiet, spacious rooms, friendly staff. You get your money's worth. Location good. parking close. breakfast great . Pool smallish but the kids loved it; couldn't get them out. Close to convention centre.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We've stayed here a couple of times now. The hotel is squeaky new so everything is in tip top shape. The staff are super. Four days a week your stay come with free dinner and breakfast is included for all stays. Very impressed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank philf2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajax
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby
Comfort Inn Pickering
#1 of 1 in Pickering
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown

Been to Homewood Suites By Hilton Ajax, Ontario, Canada? Share your experiences!