“Garden Inn Review”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ajax
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed as a family of three with a 7 year old. Exceeded expectations. Very friendly staff. We checked in late and hotel reception pointed out the pool was open for another hour without letting our 7 year know. Quiet and clean room. Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
manisha k, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know when you will be in town next and it is our promise to make sure you have a wonderful and enjoyable stay!! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night on the 30th of July. The pool was convenient. The room service food was awesome. Check in was quick and easy. The room was clean. But the king size bed was the worst bed I have ever slept in. Worst then an air mattress. Sad cause my husband and I were soo looking forward to sleeping in a kingsize for once. :(

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the beds were not comfortable. Were you aware of our Garden Sleep system? The inbuilt technology allows each side of the bed to be adjusted to your comfort. There is a rotatory dial on each side of the bed right next to the pillow allowing the guest to adjust the matress to soft or firm. Please let me know when you are back in town and I will be more than happy to assist you. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Garden Inn Ajax.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

the hotel was close to restaurants and shopping. we were there for sports and the hotel was also close to the arena. the hotel is a bit pricey but worth it given the closeness to everything. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
manisha k, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Ajax as your hotel of choice during your recent stay in the durham region. It was an absolute pleasure to have you as our valued guest and trust that your stay was enjoyable. It is our commitment to provide you an overall pleasant experience for you and your family. On behalf of all staff and management, I want to thank you for your fantastic feedback and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn located in Ajax, Ontario between July 29th until August 6th 2014. We left another hotel we booked in Vaughn which turned out horrible in the first 10 minutes, so bad we left from that one in Vaughn to go to the Hilton in Ajax. The first night was great. Then from then on until we left on Wednesday August 6th, it was horrible. The Ontario Lacrosse Association had a Festival during this time for the Durham region. Multiple hotels in the area were utilized for booking hundreds of kids and plenty of adults. Before I get into this debacle that took place, let me say this first. The hotel was fantastic. The service was great. I like lacrosse and respect the sport. I have no issue with kids being kids or kids in general. That being said, chaos broke out when the kids, adults returned from the games at aund 6:30pm. Our room was located right on the ground floor, by the side entrance, where the pool is located. We figured this was a great room location as the pool, exercise and parking was all right there!

Enter 17+ kids; all in a pool which was overcrowded. Not only overcrowded, but unsupervised at times. The adults? On a patio deck drinking. It was becoming increasingly clear to me that the hotel was either not aware of this violation or they were ignoring it. The first night we let it slide for the first 3 hours then at ten o'clock we called the front desk to complain about the loud screaming, yelling kids in the pool. When the pool door was closed, you really couldn't hear anything from our room at all. This was fine. Once the kids opened the pool room door, chaos once again ensued. From ten o'clock until the pool closed, at eleven o'clock the noise continued anyway. My wife and I were not impressed. Over the next couple of days we had a road trip to go on and another with a funeral for a family member whom we lost. Only to return on both of those days to another night of four and a half hours of kids screaming, yelling and overcrowding again with little to no supervision in the pool area. Kids were jumping, diving into a pool that is only five feet deep at the deepest end. Had a child injured themselves, I could see a lawsuit on hand. After the third night of this ridiculousness continuing and visiting the front desk, where another guest was complaining and staff agreeing with him about the noise levels, the kids and the ignorant adults who were supposed to be supervising them, I went back to my room and called management down. She arrived with a security guard. I told them either we be accommodated to another room, or we pack up and leave the hotel and bring our business elsewhere. They were finally able to accommodate us on the top floor.

This seemed reasonable. We were also given breakfast vouchers. They did say they would comp us for a movie too, they never did. Once on the 6th floor with all our things packed up, we were hit by chaos on that floor as well. The hotel was over ran by unruly kids, and ignorant adults. This statement came directly from staff. Once on the elevator with a bartender, one staff, and a security guard, I was told they would be calling the police soon and evicting guests. I was relieved to hear action will be taken. However, the next day, the same bartender I saw in the elevator with the other staff and security guard told me they never bothered to do that as the hotel was afraid of 100 bad reviews. Well, guess what Hilton, here's one for you now.

I was disgusted with the way the management dealt with this situation. For the sake of making money at other guests expense and peace of mind. I have sent a lengthy email to the President of the Ontario Lacrosse Association to which I have received no response from. Can't say I blame him. How does one account for the actions of so many others.

Hilton Garden Inn hotel, you will NOT make a dime from my wife or I again when we come through Ajax or any other one of your hotel chains. No loss to you financially I'm sure, but at least other hotels are willing to make an effort to cater to the guests accordingly. No thank you!

Will Burton

Room Tip: No tip can I ever give will get you a decent room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank will b

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay due to the noise from the lacrosse teams. I really apolojize for this. You can be assured that management is aware of the issues that occured that weekend and strict policy and procedures have been put in place to avoid stays like yours in the future. Please give us another chance to make your future stay exceptional and enjoyable. Thank you again for the honest feedback. I really appreciate it!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I always stay at this hotel when in the Toronto area. Very friendly staff that goes out of their way to assure an enjoyable stay. Lots of "regulars" stay here. There is a bar/restaurant onsite with great service. The food varies from Ok to excellent depending on the day/chef

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
manisha k, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciate the services and facilities that we proudly provide here at the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Ajax. I appreciate all your kind words and look forward to hosting you in the near future. Have a great weekend!:)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here for one night en route to Toronto airport. The location is excellent - situated right by the 401 freeway, and only a short drive from the Ajax Go station (free parking) for trains to Toronto. The hotel is modern, clean and comfortable, with good quality rooms. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and there is a bar and restaurant available making it unnecessary to go further afield. We asked reception for a suggestion for somewhere to go the following day before we headed to the airport. They suggested Bluffers Park which turned out to be vary enjoyable (cliffs, beach by Lake Ontario, free parking until 5pm, etc) and not a place that we would have found by ourselves. Highly recommended hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south overlook the 401 but we were unaware of any noise from it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
manisha k, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Cheers!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This Hotel is a "10" on my list. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The decor in the lobby was simply magnificent and very cosy. Just outside Toronto is a ++ for me. I would recommand this Hotel with no hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an outstanding review about Hilton garden Inn Toronto Ajax. We are delight to be acknowledged with such a great review and to know that the staff and facility is appreciated by guests like you! Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajax
Quality Suites
#3 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax? Share your experiences!