“Charming house in the country. Pleasant host.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ridgemoor B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ancaster
Ridgemoor B&B
Ranked #2 of 5 Ancaster B&B and Inns
Windsor, Canada
“Charming house in the country. Pleasant host.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

Bill provided a comfortable place to stay. He cooks a good breakfast and you'll enjoy the maple syrup made on site. I like staying in a quiet place in the forest. Ridgemoor was all that. If you like nature, you'll like it there. Thanks for the good conversations Bill. I chose the back room so I could see a bit of stars at night and the nicely kept grounds in the morning.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rmaclean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mirfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2011

I stayed here for 1 night at the start of my holiday in Canada. Bill is very welcoming and attentive. My room ('Back Yard Scene') was spacious and clean, with excellent bathroom facilities a few steps out of the room along the corridor.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

Ridgemoor B & B was an easily accessible B & B located in a quiet and peaceful setting. What a great place for a good night's sleep! Our host, Bill, was a great source of information both prior to our arrival, and for directions to our place of interest. Breakfast was wonderful and a great start to our journey home.
Jo Ann, Paeterborough, Ontario

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

My husband and I have not frequented too many bed and breakfasts, but we were very pleasantly surprised by the Ridgemoor B&B. The lovelyl home is situate amongst many beautiful trees, and nature abounds!!! The weather was quite dreary for the 2 mornings that we spent here, but our gracious host Bill sent us off into the day with very tasty, hearty breakfasts and wonderful conversation. Bill's home is very comfortable, cozy and quiet, and we awoke each day refreshed. We would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

My first interaction with Bill was long distance as I am from Edmonton and in talking with Bill, it was a very easy decision to make to stay there. Bill and his wife welcomed us into their B&B and made us feel right at home. Ridgemoor B&B has a very warm and relaxing atmosphere and I would not hesitate to stay there again.
We enjoyed Bill's company very much as we shared a lot of stories and laughed quite often.
It is situated in a beautiful and quiet location and allows you to walk through some of the sugar bush if you wish to do so.

Room Tip: Very warm and welcoming.
  • Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

My boyfriend and I were in Ancaster for a wedding and decided that just saying at a normal hotel wouldn't do. I'm so glad we decided to stay at Ridgemoor with Bill. Such a friendly and conversational host. We had our own room and private bath down the hall. The bedroom was plenty of room for the two of us and had a lovely view of the pond and front lane.

Breakfast was delicious, pancakes with Bill's homemade maple syrup one day , bacon and eggs the next. We ate very well and always had more than enough.

We also spent our one spare day walking the grounds around the BnB and took a number of photographs. So much to see and lots of pretty details to take in. We were lucky to see a nesting goose on our stay. If you've got a little time, definitely walk around a bit and explore!

Overall, a great stay. We'll be sure to stay again if we're ever in the area!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
danchited
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

My husband, 18 year old son and I stayed at Ridgemoor B & B for one night in August. We're from Tokyo and the purpose of our trip was to drop our son off at college in Buffalo. Arriving couple of days before the semester start, we decided to drive to Canada. Toronto was a bit too far, so we settled on somewhere near Hamilton.

We stayed in the three bedroom room. It wasn't that big, but it was comfortable for the three of us. We also had a bathroom down the hall to ourselves.

Bill is a wonderful host, very kind and helpful. Thanks to his good advice, we drove into the village for dinner. Although we drove into Hamilton, Ancaster is much nicer and the restaurants much more fashionable!

For breakfast, Bill served fruits and pancakes (served with his maple syrup!). The syrup was so delicious that I bought two bottles (and gave one to my son's roommate's mother when I met her in Buffalo two days later!). If you decide to stay here, DO NOT buy maple syrup elsewhere! Bill's maple syrup awaits you!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ancaster
The Barracks Inn
#1 of 2 in Ancaster
Courtyard Hamilton
#7 of 20 in Hamilton
Downtown Hamilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario
Admiral Inn Hamilton
#8 of 20 in Hamilton

Been to Ridgemoor B&B? Share your experiences!