“Ridgemoor B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ridgemoor B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ancaster
Ridgemoor B&B
Ranked #2 of 5 Ancaster B&B and Inns
“Ridgemoor B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I needed a place to stay in Ancaster for a wedding at the golf course. It turned out to be a lovely B and B on a beautiful property only a 15 minute walk to the golf course! I stayed in the VOP room. Very spacious with comfortable beds. Great breakfast and lots of good stories from the owner Bill. Would definitely stay again if I was in the area!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thanks for this review. We certainly are handy to Knollwood and you get full marks for walking up the laneway at midnite. Try it alone with no moonlite, coyotes howling and after watching a scary movie.Hot tub and pool working great.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

cheers, Bill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mission, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We needed a place to stay near Ancaster, and found Ridgemoor, itself a place worth visiting. The owner is a warm host committed to the comfort of his guests, with whom he shares his wonderful country home built in an exquisite natural setting that he has stewarded for over thirty years.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thanks for this review.I hope the rest of your holiday was enjoyable and the flight home uneventful. Hummingbirds have returned in force and the honeysuckle is getting a lot of attention.Our guests used the hot tub last W/E and the pool is 71F so the brave of heart will be in it soon as well.

It was a pleasure meeting you both and I enjoyed the breakfast conversation..

wishing you all the best. cheers, Bill
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night here while traveling in the area on business. Bill was very welcoming and made sure I immediately felt at home. I stayed in the BYS room which was very spacious with a comfortable bed and windows overlooking the forest. The bathroom was just across the hall and was spotless. I also had access to an office area with a desk which was nice as I was able to do a little work. On the main floor, there was a living room with TV and satellite service which I was able to use (a blessing as it saved me from trying to find a bar to watch the hockey game). Breakfast was terrific (eggs, ham, toast and fresh fruit). Local honey and maple syrup from the property to top it off! As I was the only guest that night, I appreciated Bill joining me for a lovely breakfast chat. The drive up to the house alone was beautiful. I didn't have a chance to explore the property but it looked like a nature lover's paradise. All in all, I couldn't have asked for better!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thanks a lot for posting a review and so soon after your stay. Too bad about game 6 but they did a lot better than the maple loafs (my team). All the leaves have unfurled and the woodlot is as green as it ever gets. Your job is an important one and the students deserve to learn that their choices about the environment are important.

cheers, Bill
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at Ridgemoor. I was in town for a personal development retreat at the Hoffman Institute, which was held at the Canterbury Hills Conference Centre, just a short drive from Ridgemoor. My room was clean, had a beautiful view and the queen-sized bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed the serenity of nature and walking around the forest on the grounds. It was a peaceful and quiet stay. I also enjoyed chatting with Bill in the backyard. He was a friendly and accommodating host! I had a delicious breakfast in the morning of fresh fruit, homemade pancakes, local maple syrup and local honey! I definitely recommend Ridgemoor to anyone looking for an amazing B&B in the Ancaster/Hamilton area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and do hope your retreat was worthwhile. Dawn is an avian cacophoney these days and the wildflowers are up but the flowers haven't opened.It was a pleasure meeting you and you're welcome back anytime. cheers, Bill
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed 2 wonderful, relaxing nights at Ridgemoor B&B. Located on the outskirts of Ancaster, it offers easy access to the city as well as the tranquility of a country Inn. Many thanks to our host Bill for fantastic breakfasts and wonderful conversation. It was a bit to cool to enjoy all the amenities but we do hope to return in warmer times. Rooms are spacious and clean with private bathrooms. We would recommend Ridgemoor B&B to all traveling to Ancaster.

S&T

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thanks for this review and I'm glad your expectations were matched. I enjoyed the breakfasts as well, the world truly is a small place. The next time I pick up a package of bacon I'll do so with greater insight.

Hope your trip back home was uneventful but if you have more time in the future for a connecting flight, do give Hamilton International a try and visit the Warplane Museum at the same time..

You enjoyed your supper at the Italian restaurant and there are also highly rated Indian, Thai, British Pub and steak houses nearby..

Hope you book again. cheers Bill
windsor, ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stay almost exclusively in bed and breakfasts when I travel now, and this one just topped my list. We stayed in the twin room, which was very large, and has a private bathroom about 10 steps down the hall from the room. All the rooms were spotlessly clean. The top floor contains the 3 bedrooms, as well as a sitting room, kitchenette and an additional room with a table for eating food you bring in. Bill has many pamphlets with information about the area as well as a local map in this room. There is a lovely living room on the main floor for guests to use, nicely decorated with antiques. Breakfast is also served on the main floor in the dining room. Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, bacon and an egg dish one morning, and french toast, bacon and maple syrup the second day. The syrup is Bill's own, made from trees on his property.

The property itself is gorgeous, with a long lane way that runs through the forest to the house. The pond out front is lovely, unfortunately the weather was quite cold and rainy and we couldn't walk the entire property. If you enjoy the outdoors, you will be very impressed with the property.
The B&B is only a few kilometers off of Hwy 403, making it an ideal base for travel to Hamilton, Guelph, Brantford or the Niagara region.

Bill is a very interesting and knowledgeable fellow, and we learned a lot about the area. I will certainly be returning to this B&B, probably to see the area waterfalls in the winter.

Room Tip: All rooms were lovely, but the room with the ensuite bath has a beautiful eagle-claw tub.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to post a review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. The area's waterfalls, over 100, are a unique attraction and make for great photos and healthy hikes. The breakfast conversations were interesting and it was a pleasure to meet you. All the best.
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

We booked 2 nights at Ridgemoor B&B hoping for a secure, interesting and relaxing getaway. We found it! Our host Bill was both a great host and an interesting individual. The B&B, while secluded, was easy to find and offered us a "down home" breakfast (including fruit) each morning. While we did not use the hot tub or pool, I suspect we will when, not if, we return. All in all, this B&B offered a great price and a beautiful setting.

Room Tip: Since there aren't many rooms, from what we saw, there isn't a bad choice for rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank firefighter28
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, 6 January 2013
My sincere apologies for the late response to your review. Shortly after your stay I got real busy splitting firewood and just forgot. It seems you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your return. Thanks for taking the time to post this review and for your culinary assistance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ancaster
The Barracks Inn
#1 of 2 in Ancaster
Courtyard Hamilton
#7 of 20 in Hamilton
Downtown Hamilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario
Visitors Inn
#6 of 20 in Hamilton

Been to Ridgemoor B&B? Share your experiences!