“Happy customer”
Review of Ridgemoor B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ancaster
Ridgemoor B&B
Ranked #2 of 5 Ancaster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Ridgemoor B&B during July because we were attending a friends wedding at a local golf course.

We were very happy with everything about the stay. The overall bed and breakfast was very welcoming. Our room was neat, clean, and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast the next day was generous and delicious, with eggs, bacon, a huge bowl of fruit, and rounded off with jam and malt bread made at Ridgemoor.

Bill was a great host. He joined us for some conversation during breakfast and he had a lot of interesting things to say about the surrounding Ancaster area and life in general.

If your travels bring you close to Ridgemoor, I highly recommend it. I would return again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thanks for this review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit here. Breakfasts here are not fancy but are healthy and balanced. Eating honey from Zenon's hives in the front field and maple syrup from the trees in the woodlot is quite unique.There's a mother and 4 ducklings in the front pond. They are proficient divers and I think they are hooded mergansers. cheers, Bill

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at Ridgemoor for a night after a wedding in Stoney Creek. We had the whole place to ourselves and enjoyed it tremendously. The hot tub was very nice. The food was good and the rooms were spacious.

• Stayed: June 2014
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review Ridgemoor B&B. The pool and hottub have been getting a lot of use. Glad you enjoyed your stay here and if you are in the area again we'd be glad to host you again. cheers, Bill

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We rented a room at the Ridgemoor on the weekend of our wedding in Ancaster. The house and the surroundings were gorgeous! Everything was nice and clean, and quiet. Bill was a gracious host, and breakfasts and the company were outstanding. I'm hoping we have a another weekend in Ancaster!
Jonny

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thanks for this review. I'm glad you were happy with your stay. Good luck with the next stage of your vocations. You have each other to lean on and a beautiful location to follow your dream.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I needed a place to stay in Ancaster for a wedding at the golf course. It turned out to be a lovely B and B on a beautiful property only a 15 minute walk to the golf course! I stayed in the VOP room. Very spacious with comfortable beds. Great breakfast and lots of good stories from the owner Bill. Would definitely stay again if I was in the area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for this review. We certainly are handy to Knollwood and you get full marks for walking up the laneway at midnite. Try it alone with no moonlite, coyotes howling and after watching a scary movie.Hot tub and pool working great.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We needed a place to stay near Ancaster, and found Ridgemoor, itself a place worth visiting. The owner is a warm host committed to the comfort of his guests, with whom he shares his wonderful country home built in an exquisite natural setting that he has stewarded for over thirty years.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thanks for this review.I hope the rest of your holiday was enjoyable and the flight home uneventful. Hummingbirds have returned in force and the honeysuckle is getting a lot of attention.Our guests used the hot tub last W/E and the pool is 71F so the brave of heart will be in it soon as well.

It was a pleasure meeting you both and I enjoyed the breakfast conversation..

wishing you all the best. cheers, Bill

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night here while traveling in the area on business. Bill was very welcoming and made sure I immediately felt at home. I stayed in the BYS room which was very spacious with a comfortable bed and windows overlooking the forest. The bathroom was just across the hall and was spotless. I also had access to an office area with a desk which was nice as I was able to do a little work. On the main floor, there was a living room with TV and satellite service which I was able to use (a blessing as it saved me from trying to find a bar to watch the hockey game). Breakfast was terrific (eggs, ham, toast and fresh fruit). Local honey and maple syrup from the property to top it off! As I was the only guest that night, I appreciated Bill joining me for a lovely breakfast chat. The drive up to the house alone was beautiful. I didn't have a chance to explore the property but it looked like a nature lover's paradise. All in all, I couldn't have asked for better!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thanks a lot for posting a review and so soon after your stay. Too bad about game 6 but they did a lot better than the maple loafs (my team). All the leaves have unfurled and the woodlot is as green as it ever gets. Your job is an important one and the students deserve to learn that their choices about the environment are important.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at Ridgemoor. I was in town for a personal development retreat at the Hoffman Institute, which was held at the Canterbury Hills Conference Centre, just a short drive from Ridgemoor. My room was clean, had a beautiful view and the queen-sized bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed the serenity of nature and walking around the forest on the grounds. It was a peaceful and quiet stay. I also enjoyed chatting with Bill in the backyard. He was a friendly and accommodating host! I had a delicious breakfast in the morning of fresh fruit, homemade pancakes, local maple syrup and local honey! I definitely recommend Ridgemoor to anyone looking for an amazing B&B in the Ancaster/Hamilton area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and do hope your retreat was worthwhile. Dawn is an avian cacophoney these days and the wildflowers are up but the flowers haven't opened.It was a pleasure meeting you and you're welcome back anytime. cheers, Bill

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ancaster
The Barracks Inn
Homestead House Bed & Breakfast
Rose Arden B&B
Rose Arden B&B
#3 of 17 in Hamilton

Been to Ridgemoor B&B? Share your experiences!