Ridgemoor B&B
Courtyard
Visitors Inn(Hamilton)
US$130
Hotels.com
Admiral Inn Hamilton(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
US$99
TripAdvisor
Hamilton Inn(Hamilton)
Airport Inn(Hamilton)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The two of us spent the week at Bill's B & B the Ridgemoor. What a wonderful vacation spot. We took day trips to Niagara falls, Niagara-on -lake and other sightseeing adventures. The highlight of our stay was to come back "home" to the B & B.

The morning was greeted with a hearty breakfast including either pancakes, french toast ( secret recipe), omelets or scrambled eggs with bacon and every day a bowl of fresh berries. Bill served yogurt, toast, tea, coffee and great conversation as well.

Once he was finished serving breakfast he would grab his cup of coffee and join us at the table for educational, interesting and thought provoking conversations.

I was so relaxed and enjoying my book in the living room that I never ventured to the swimming pool, hot tub or sauna. The B & B is surrounded by 90 acres of pristine woods where Bill taps his own trees to produce maple syrup. That is the way I like my pancakes or french toast is with fresh maple syrup. He has honey produced on the property as well.

What can I say, it was a spacious room, clean, lovely with a table and chair sitting area down the hall from our room with brochures for places to see or eat. There was a kitchenette on our floor as well with a sink, refrigerator and plates, etc.

The B&B is separate from their living quarters which makes it so comfortable with a separate entrance as well.

We stayed in the VOP room which we guessed stood for Very Old People but Bill set us straight by telling us is stood for View of the Pond, dah.

Other than in the morning, the B & B portion is for the guest and Bill nor his wife bother you at all. So quiet and serene.

Room Tip: Our room had two twin beds in it that I think could be joined to form a King bed. The other two rooms had either queen or king sized beds and I believe one had a sitting room. AC was comfortable. Very, very reasonable prices. Cash only. Thanks Bill! Beth from Ohio
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank-you for the review.Our location in the "Golden Horseshoe" does make it easy to visit multiple attractions. Breakfast conversations are the best part of running a B&B and I always sit down and join in unless there are 6 or more guests at the common dining table.The covered front porch and sitting room with fireplace and TV overlooking the pond are other good places to talk with the guests.

The room with a sofa upstairs is used for a 3rd person or children and they use the private bath that goes with the room the others use. The sofa folds out into a double bed. This room costs $30.00 a nite.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. cheers, Bill

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I booked a hotel for our recent Hamilton trip, and last-minute decided to add an extra day. The hotel didn't have any rooms available so we booked a night at Ridgemoor, which ended up being the BEST decision. Not only was Bill's beautiful home situated on an amazing piece of wooded property, the hospitatily was outstanding! Bill's a really great conversationalist, not to mention a great cook :) Needless to say, we regretted having to spend our remaining two nights in a hotel. Definitely book if you're looking for a great, meaningful home away from home! Thanks, Bill!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for this prompt review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Do hope your mission was successful. Good luck with your new job/research , it sounds exciting.

cheers, Bill

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Ridgemoor B&B during July because we were attending a friends wedding at a local golf course.

We were very happy with everything about the stay. The overall bed and breakfast was very welcoming. Our room was neat, clean, and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast the next day was generous and delicious, with eggs, bacon, a huge bowl of fruit, and rounded off with jam and malt bread made at Ridgemoor.

Bill was a great host. He joined us for some conversation during breakfast and he had a lot of interesting things to say about the surrounding Ancaster area and life in general.

If your travels bring you close to Ridgemoor, I highly recommend it. I would return again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thanks for this review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit here. Breakfasts here are not fancy but are healthy and balanced. Eating honey from Zenon's hives in the front field and maple syrup from the trees in the woodlot is quite unique.There's a mother and 4 ducklings in the front pond. They are proficient divers and I think they are hooded mergansers. cheers, Bill

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at Ridgemoor for a night after a wedding in Stoney Creek. We had the whole place to ourselves and enjoyed it tremendously. The hot tub was very nice. The food was good and the rooms were spacious.

• Stayed: June 2014
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review Ridgemoor B&B. The pool and hottub have been getting a lot of use. Glad you enjoyed your stay here and if you are in the area again we'd be glad to host you again. cheers, Bill

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We rented a room at the Ridgemoor on the weekend of our wedding in Ancaster. The house and the surroundings were gorgeous! Everything was nice and clean, and quiet. Bill was a gracious host, and breakfasts and the company were outstanding. I'm hoping we have a another weekend in Ancaster!
Jonny

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thanks for this review. I'm glad you were happy with your stay. Good luck with the next stage of your vocations. You have each other to lean on and a beautiful location to follow your dream.

cheers, Bill