“Dinner with friends” 4 of 5 bubbles

Brassie Pub
Ranked #9 of 59 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy the fun, the flavour and the familiarity of Britain’s finest public houses in the heart of Olde Ancaster. A place where friends gather to kick back on weekdays…and meet again to wine, dine and dance away their weekends. Temp your palette with one of the Brassie’s classic British pub favourites, teamed with a cool and refreshing draught from the Brassie’s impressive selection of imported and domestic taps.
“Dinner with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Food is very good. It's also has a very friendly staff. Beer is cold, food is hot. We love going with friends

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Nicole P

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Restaurant to meet up with old friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

At lunch, I met up with 2 work friends that I have not seen in many years. The service was great and we were not rushed and lingered well past finishing our meal. The food was very good and the portions were large. The salads were fresh and crispy. In the back were 2 tables of men playing cards and having a nice afternoon.
It was a very friendly atmosphere and the prices were good.
I would definitely go back.

1 Thank RichandRo
Canada
“Filling lunch!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was our first visit to the pub. We had the Fish Sandwich with fries for lunch. My friend had the sweet potato fries and I had regular fries The fish was was very good and very filling. No room for dessert! Our server was pleasant and attentive!

Oakville, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Pub!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I'd been looking forward to this pub for a while. We like pubs! Last night we finally made it. The bartender was a great lady who jokes with the customers a bit, all the while keeping their needs and satisfaction in mind. When we arrived we sat at a table and waited quite some time for a server to tend to us but they may have been on a break. Once our waiter realized we were there the service was excellent. We were there to enjoy a hockey game on tv and have dinner. We weren't rushed at all and encouraged to relax and enjoy the game and our dinners.They had a great selection of beers including a nice hoppy beer which my GF enjoys. I think the menu is a bit sparse for entrees.

We started with an appetizer of "pork wings" in a garlic hoisin sauce. They were very good. Falling off the bone! My entree was Chicken Parmagiana which was OK. The Linguini alfredo was not as creamy as it could have been and somewhat bland. My GF's Panini and salad were good.

We like pubs and I think we'll be back to this one. Maybe to try their burgers.

“Good Homecooking!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I wouldn't say The Brassie is a classy joint, but the food is hearty home style cooking. Excellent potato skins and the wait staff are very friendly. Good overall pub ambiance and fun

Visited March 2014