“Great Nachos, Alright Service”
Review of Brassie Pub

Brassie Pub
Ranked #6 of 65 Restaurants in Ancaster
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the fun, the flavour and the familiarity of Britain’s finest public houses in the heart of Olde Ancaster. A place where friends gather to kick back on weekdays…and meet again to wine, dine and dance away their weekends. Temp your palette with one of the Brassie’s classic British pub favourites, teamed with a cool and refreshing draught from the Brassie’s impressive selection of imported and domestic taps.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I originally started going to the Brassie for their weekly Trivia Night. They have very specific rules about reservations on trivia night, and that wasn't completely clear when our team first started going. After a very unpleasant encounter with one of the staff members about our confusion on these rules, I contacted the manager. She was extremely nice to me, clarified everything and made it right. We still go back every week. The service is sometimes slow, especially when they get busy. However, the nachos are GREAT, and this is a very busy place on the weekends. It is a great hangout in Ancaster.

1  Thank Shalynn89

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were visiting Ancaster and took our relatives out to Brassie's. The place is very attractive inside but the number of screens was a bit overdone. By the look of the servers there it was obvious that they were trying to draw a male clientele. The food was a big disappointment. I had the fish and chips. I'm pretty sure it was a frozen pre-breaded product. A lot of batter which was overly sweet surrounding a very small piece of fish. My wife had the Guinness pie which was loaded with mushrooms and very little beef. On top of that my pint was rather flat. We would not go back again.

3  Thank hungrymusicman2011
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Food is very good. It's also has a very friendly staff. Beer is cold, food is hot. We love going with friends

1  Thank Nicole P
Reviewed 28 May 2014

At lunch, I met up with 2 work friends that I have not seen in many years. The service was great and we were not rushed and lingered well past finishing our meal. The food was very good and the portions were large. The salads were fresh and crispy. In the back were 2 tables of men playing cards and having a nice afternoon.
It was a very friendly atmosphere and the prices were good.
I would definitely go back.

1  Thank RichandRo
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was our first visit to the pub. We had the Fish Sandwich with fries for lunch. My friend had the sweet potato fries and I had regular fries The fish was was very good and very filling. No room for dessert! Our server was pleasant and attentive!