“Worth every penny”

Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Our famous fajitas are served up fresh - from the warm flour tortillas to the guacamole and the salsa. Wood fire grilled AAA steaks and smokehouse ribs are all prepared in the barbecue pit. Lone Star guarantees great food, warm southern hospitality, and a good time. We are Canada's only authentic Texas restaurant - the real deal...TEXAS to the BONE!
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I have been coming to Lone Star for a few years now. Whenever I come back home, we always come here. The service is always spot-on, our waiter was always checking on us. The meals are just so large! You will have leftovers to take home. It is a bit pricy, compared to some other family restaurants, but it beats any other restaurant in the area.
fajitas...need I say more?

Reviewed 7 July 2014

my wife and i ordered a steak and a baked potato with the works .5 minutes later the young night manager came to tell us they did not have any baked potatoes,so we had fries.this is the first time we have been out for dinner anywhere where they did not have any potatoes.pathetic if you ask me.still the food is good.

1  Thank csinclair63
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have NEVER been disappointed with a visit to The Lone Star Texas Grill in Ancaster, (Hamilton) We always go for lunch and usually order off of the lunch menu but there are wonderful specials to choose from every day. The food is terrific but if you can't eat anything that is included in your choice...THEY WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE SUBSTITUTIONS! Wow! now that doesn't always happen! The staff is warm, friendly and very, very attentive. ("Our thanks to Moonshine," our wonderful server!) Everyone appears to love their jobs and this attitude, plus great food, makes for a very positive experience for their customers. I have read very scathing reviews of this restaurant and sincerely hope that the Manager has made changes any that are appropriate. Unfortunately, a couple of bad apples.......? All I can say is WE LOVED IT!

1  Thank Linda O
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My kids went there with their friends. It took about 15 minutes and finally someone acknowledged them. There were 7 of them so they had to wait for seating which is understandable. However a group of 7 came in and we're seated almost immediately. The manager made up all kinds of excuses and after an hour and a half the kids ended up leaving(they had their little brothers and sisters with them because they were celebrating a birthday). I was so pissed off that I went there the next day to complain at about 3pm so they weren't busy. Guess what?! I was ignored for about 15 minutes! The waitresses all looked my way and passed by me but no one even batted and eye. When one of them decided I was worth their time she came over and I asked to speak with the manager-more excuses. Ancaster-don't go there. Disgusting. A full complaint is filed.

2  Thank Nezzie2014
Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi Nezzie2014, Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into this situation and take your complaint very seriously.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went formy daughter's birthday. The waitress forgot most of all we asked for. Had to get up and ask the hostess for hot sauce and condiments and drink refills. oh, and the whole purpose of going there was she wanted them to sing happy birthday to her. Not only did they forgot but we couldn't find our waitress to pay our bill. This is our second time having bad service there. Sad because the food is great. All young staff and it appeared there was no management there.

1  Thank megakel
Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi megakel, we're very sorry your experience left you feeling ignored. I know the General Manager would love to speak to you to get further feedback to help our servers improve. If you are interested please email me at scout@lstg.ca