“Went for Jazz Night ...Great food again an excellent time!!”

Bella of Ancaster - Philip Shaver House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Went for Jazz Night ...Great food again an excellent time!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I went for a dinner and I was surprised to have live jazz. A nice surprise and created a great atmosphere. Was a lovely addition to my experience!

2 Thank Sara G

Hagersville
“First time visit”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Enjoyed our first time visit! What a beautiful place... The inside is gorgeous! We really enjoyed our meals but unfortunately very over priced- chicken should never cost $28.00 and an iced tea $4.00. That would be our disappointment is the prices! But food and everything else is great!

Hamilton, Canada
“very nice”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had lunch a few days ago and it was a very nice experience. Very good food and I can't stop thinking of the salad served with my meal. Really good! The server was charming and the atmosphere was elegant. I even bought some clothes in the lovely gift shop. I'll be going back soon.

“Two Lovely Experiences”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Last week we visited Bella's for lunch with friends from B.C. who had had their wedding reception at Shaver House 30 years ago. They were delighted with the renovations and the upscale look of Bella's as it is today. There were 6 in our party and we were warmly greeted upon our arrival. We all enjoyed delicious cream of asparagus soup and entrees ranging from the Angus burger, Salmon cakes, and Chicken Caesar salad. Each of us raved about our choices. We were celebrating a 90th birthday and had ordered a birthday cake which was made by Sara. It was a beautiful creation that had our cameras clicking. We were all so full but we still made room for the special cake. The staff at Bella's went out of their way to make it a memorable celebration.

I enjoyed my visit and this week took a friend to lunch to Bella's. This time we had a foccassio sandwich of sirloin tips and mushrooms. We couldn't decide whether to have a side of fries or salad so our server suggested we have a smaller serving of both. Great idea. We both enjoyed the entire meal. Both times we visited the gift shop and found it to have many beautiful items of clothes, accessories, and items for the home. I found the perfect gift to purchase for a friend's birthday.

I have told others how much I enjoyed dining at Bella's and plan to return soon.

• Visited June 2014
“GTreat experience!! Excellent food in a warm inviting setting with friendly staff”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently dinned with a Friend at Bella of Ancaster... I had the scallop dish with celery root puree and local asparagus. So amazing!!!! and creative I might add. I then followed that appetizer with the rack of lamb cooked to a perfect medium rare. My friends had a variety of other delights. One had the Salmon cakes with banana relish. very interesting dish with lovely flavors and beautiful presentation. We enjoyed a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio and finished with a lavender crème brulee. Great service and a beautiful inviting environment..

• Visited May 2014