“Our family stay at Serenity Ranch”
Review of Coach & Lantern

Coach & Lantern
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Outstanding! An oasis in a concrete jungle.
A unique, wonderful experience. Many extras.
I was treated like royalty.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Poor food and questionable service. How can a pub mess up an order of fish and chips? Can do with some upgrading of furnishings too.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Friendly with prompt service. diner can decide if cozy by the fire or whether to join in the group...much like English Pub atmosphere. Upscale pub food

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We have visited this popular venue a few times over the years we lived in Ancaster. It is 'okay' for food and atomsphere, however it is a big favourite for many of our acquaintances in town. Like: getting together with friends who like it. Don't like: food is 'okay'

Reviewed 10 April 2013

The Coach and Lantern is many things, its unique, its very British Pub like, its dark with low lighting, it definitely has that British Pub feel to it. All those things are positive. If I was going just to drink and relax I strongly believe this place fits that description. But I was here for lunch and just hoping for simple but good pub like food. My wife and I were meeting a friend from Toronto here and I was really hoping my memories of being here a few years ago would still be true today. They werent! Service from our waitress was not anything to write home about, she forgot to bring out desert, forgot spoons, forgot to come by and refill our coffee. I could sense that since we werent drinking alcohol she could care less about us. But my main reason for being bummed out was my meal. I ordered the large $14.99 fish and chips, it was awful! It looked good but tasted so plain that I wondered if I was really in a British pub style bar. Its Fish and chips! How does a British pub not make good fish and chips. No taste, no flavor, the chips were decent, the little coleslaw that came with it was tasteless. Not impressed at all. My wife did have the pub club sandwich which she did say was good and our friend from Toronto had the meatloaf which looked awful but he did say it was good. The both had cheesecake for desert which they liked. I left there $80.00 less in my wallet and I personally would never go back.

1  Thank dwbcaa