“Great......again!”

Rousseau House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rousseau House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 66 Restaurants in Ancaster
Price range: US$11 - US$24
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We generally come to Rousseau House about once a year as we live quite a ways away.
We were there recently on a Saturday evening and were seated upstairs for the first time. Between my wife and I we split 3 appetizers and one entre. Everything we ordered was very good. Service was great as always and our bill was quite reasonable. We cannot wait to go back.

1  Thank Willtravel6728

Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Rousseau House was the perfect place for my husband and I to have a nice dinner together. Our server Chris, was so knowledgable about the food, wine, the city of Ancaster, etc. I have to mention that I did bring our 8 month old on the date due to a cancelled babysitter. It was no problem. They welcomed him with open arms. Chris even had the chef prepare our little man his own plate of butternut squash. This restaurant is perfect for a quiet date, drinks after work or golfing, a nice family dinner, etc. you can't go wrong. The food was absolutely AMAZING! Every taste bud in your mouth will be awakened! They also have a nice wine selection.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

On Saturday, my husband surprise me by taking me to tis wonderful Restaurant it like an old house we went upstairs for our dinner, it was a great atmosphere we both had a great meal and the server was very nice. The potion size was just right, i will recommend anyone to go to Rousseau House. was very lovely.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have always liked the Rousseau House. Always seemed a bit pricey but great location. Last 2 times my wife and I have been we should have trusted our guts. This place is now at near extortion levels for the price of a glass of wine or a large draft and our food last night was mediocre at best. I will pay whatever for a cold beer and nice glass of wine by the way if the food is good - just so you know!!!!

We did not complain but we will not be back which is sad but other restaurants on the same strip of Wilson Street offer far better value. Its hard to say what others think because the patio is always busy but twice in a row at those prices is to risky for me. Sorry Rousseau House.

4  Thank RJJMBook
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Been going here for years but had seen a downward trend in the place. Went in a couple of times last month and had the best meals I'd had in years. Such a classy spot, now with killer food

2  Thank Joey S