“One of the best buffets”
Review of The Ancaster Mill

The Ancaster Mill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ancaster Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Ancaster
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wilson Street
Description: The beautifully restored Ancaster Mill boasts a picturesque and Historic setting. The Dining Room features floor-to-ceiling windows with panoramic views of waterfalls and naturally landscaped gardens. The interior decor accents the authentic look with warm earth tones and large stone fireplaces, creating a relaxing atmosphere. Ancaster is home to one of Canada"s most diverse and productive agricultural regions. With seasonal offerings inspired by Landmark Group's Earth to Table philosophy, Ancaster Mill's menus offer impeccable local ingredients from neadby farms and food artisans. The Ancaster Mill beverage selection compliments this with featured signature drinks and an expansive Wine List, including several by-the-glass selections.
Ancaster, Canada
“One of the best buffets”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Ancaster Mill Buffet is one of the best we've been to. The selection is huge, the quality of the food is excellent and the service is terrific. Best of all is the view of the waterfall from the large room. We go there for special occasions and have taken family quite a number of times.

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
Ancaster, Canada
“Dining with a view”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Atmosphere is great. Food is fantastic. View is spectacular.
Good place for weddings, or an evening diner engagement.
The Sunday brunch is an adventure.

• Visited September 2013
Ontario
“Wonderful food, service and waterfall view”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband surprised me for our anniversary dinner here. From the moment we entered the restaurant the service was excellent and attentive.

We were given a glass of champagne to celebrate our special day.

The warm arugula salad was very good. I had the tenderloin steak as the main and profiteroles for dessert. My husband enjoyed the chicken as his main dish for dinner.

I like that there was a great selection of local area wines to choose from.

We had a table by the window that looked out onto the waterfall..wonderful view. Each dish was spaced out and you never felt rushed throughout the meal.

We were married at the Mill 5 years ago and my husband surprised me with an anniversary dinner there.

Definitely recommend reservations so that you won't be disappointed. We went on a Thursday night and the restaurant was full.

Definitely a special restaurant for an special occasion. I can't wait to return again!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank pattertl
“Restaurant with a capital R”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Wonderful Atmosphere...
Outside views to the waterfall are phenomenal...
Great service
And in top of all... The food...
Quality and presentation at its best.
A place to return

Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Stunning View Reminded me of Fallingwater”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My sister and brother-in-law treated me to a birthday lunch here recently. It was my first visit and it was indeed a special and delightful experience. The heritage mill itself is located in a beautiful relaxed wooded setting, most impressive because of the view of the waterfall-fed creek which flows down from the Niagara escarpment. The feeling of the venue was reminiscent of Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater in Pennsylvania. The dining room's rustic beams and huge stone fireplace along with the welcoming staff added to the charm of the causal, elegant atmosphere.
The cuisine itself offered seasonal ingredients from local farms and naturally raised meats. I had the steak frites which was a little different from others I've ordered. The steak wasn't exactly a steak, rather sliced beef topped with a poached egg, and the frites were rather large, really French fries but they tasted good. My sister had the lamb with polenta and my brother-in-law had the pickerel fish and chips. It was very tasty. More attention to small details could truly bring it into the five star category - for example the cold breadbasket with an overly sweet spread, and a rather officious waitress (but not for long with my sister's disarm of her. I gather the one challenge they have is consistency and indeed it is an obstacle since the prices are in the five star range. The wine was excellent, and the lattes and coffee deliciously hot. We didn't sample desserts, and they weren't pushed.

Should you choose to poke around a bit, you'll find interesting heritage photos and newsy bits on the walls and the grinding wheel from the old mill on display on two levels.

HINT: The trick here is to make a reservation in the large room beside the waterfall. It would be disappointing to sit in an area without this view.

• Visited November 2013