“Good place to meet friends for a bite”

Kelsey's Neighborhood Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kelsey's Neighborhood Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 64 Restaurants in Ancaster
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Description: Enjoy one of Canada's original roadhouse restaurants, with Canadian favourites like double stacked burgers and unforgettable chicken wings. At Kelsey's the beer is always cold and a game is always on.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We will go to Kelsey's because of the atmosphere - it is busy and lively. We like to eat by the bar. I do find the servings are too large. I don't want a double hamburger. I ordered it anyway and removed one patty - wasteful. My husband had fish and chips and was able to order one piece rather than two, but this option isn't on the menu. Our waitress was lovely but service was so slow because of two large groups.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

It was some time since our last visit and my husband I looked forward to a Sunday evening snack at Kelseys -good in past! Now one week later the disappointing experience is still fresh on our minds. We ordered a nacho dish to share. We couldn't find meat to start with, then discovered that the vegs could NOT be picked up by those thin wafers (cracker like) that we were expected to use as scoops. They crumbled apart in our fingers. We were not given any utensils at all, no-one came by to see if we were having a problem, and we will NOT be back!

2  Thank Claire R
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Food on the floor, dirty place settings and dry cold food. The service was mediocre and the restaurant was freezing.

1  Thank jeff s
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I visited Kelsey's before seeing a movie in the same plaza. I generally like Kelsey's, but we really only chose to eat here because of their movie deal (they sell movie tickets at a discounted rate if you buy an entree).
When we arrived, we were seated right away. It was a Saturday, but it didn't seem too busy. My husband ordered a burger and fries and I ordered chicken fingers and fries - items that typically don't take too long to make, you would think... We waited for our meal for close to 30 minutes before the waitress came up and apologized for the delay and assured us that it would be coming shortly. She didn't offer anything in the meantime, and my husband's drink needed a refill but went ignored. The waitress explained they were short staffed... We explained to her that we had a movie to catch and hoped the food would come quickly...
When our food FINALLY arrived close to 45 minutes after ordering, my fries were completely cold, my chicken barely warm, and the gravy my husband ordered with his fries was missing. Worse yet, at this point I could barely eat my food (I am pregnant and if I don't eat in time, I get incredibly nauseated....). Because of my nausea, it takes me a while to eat, but because we were running late for the movie I barely had time to choke down a few bites before we had to leave. The waitress did offer to bring new fries for me which was appreciated, but I didn't even have the time to enjoy them by the time they came out...
I understand they were short staffed, but they didn't even notify us about the potential wait when we were seated, even when we mentioned that we would be taking advantage of their movie deal (implying that we had a movie to catch!). Many of the other patrons around us were unhappy too. We were fortunate to receive my meal for free, but the table beside us (who received their food all at separate times and waited a lengthy time for the bill) only received a coupon for a complementary appetizer for their next visit (as if they would be visiting again....).
Needless to say, we were very dissatisfied with our visit and are unlikely to return... And by running late, we got crappy seats at the movie too... My husband and I rarely go out for a dinner and a movie, so to spend money on this disappointing experience was frustrating and a letdown.

1  Thank jenlucky
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Went on Thursday for 1/2 price wings. I'm thinking they make them only half as good on Thursday. Wings were over-cooked and dry, very dry.Service was good and they stayed on top of ensuring our drinks were refilled regularly.