“Small town great hotel location”

Quality Inn Arnprior
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Arnprior
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel with our dog Bella, from the greeting as we walked in to the time we walked back out the next day it was a great stay. The Manager at the desk was very helpful, probably because she loved our dog, but all things serious the hotel is clean, easy to get to and the hotel being along the river gives it that much more. True that it may have seen better days and has not been updated like other hotels but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean.
You could get up in the morning and have a nice stroll or jog along the river, we will probably stay again if needed in the area, thank you very much to the front desk manager whom unfortunately I can't remember her name. Having East Side Mario's attached to the hotel also gives it a good touch as the food was delicious from the dinner to the breakfast the next morning.

Room Tip: Get room 110, closest to the exit and restaurant, terrific if you have a pet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SusanLuc

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We are so pleased to be staying in this hotel. It is clean - halls, carpets, room is in great shape - nothing shabby - everything seems to work and the setting on the river is deluxe. Front desk person was excellent - I know - I used to be a front desk manager. We ate in the restaurant and the staff were superb - even waitresses that weren't serving us directly paid attention to detail. The food was good - not fantastic but very good. There is no smell of smoke anywhere in the hotel which is always a problem for me - I'm allergic. We are from BC and so don't often travel to Ontario but if we did, we'd come back here in a minute.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were visiting relatives in the Arnprior area and elected to stay in this hotel for reasons of convenience. As soon as we entered the hallway to our room, we regretted our choice. Although it wasn't overtly dirty, it had a stale, almost musty smell about it. The room was drab and dated. The bed was comfortable enough. The East Side Mario's that is attached to this hotel was equally dated and the food was unappetizing, especially at breakfast. This hotel experience especially suffered by comparison to our beautiful accommodations at the Staybridge Suites in in Guelph the following night which actually cost less (taking the free Staybridge breakfast into account). . The next time I visit relatives in Arnprior, I will travel to nearby Kanata or Ottawa proper, if necessary, rather than stay in a dive like the Arnprior Quality Inn again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 155011Harper
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I just returned from an overnight at this hotel and have to say that the beds were the MOST comfortable I have EVER slept in! Three pillows per double bed, nice fluffy duvet and an incredible shower that was unlike anything I had experienced before....very spa-like, truly. Lots of towels, and very clean room. Only complaints were that there was a slight musty smell in the room initially, which seemed to dissipate once the heating system was turned on. Also, the bathroom and closet were very small. It was actually difficult to get things into the one closet in the hall, but as an overnight guest, I didn't have much anyways, so for me, not much of an issue. If attending a wedding or similar event, it would be a problem. The only other small complaint I had was that the sounds from the hallway were clearly heard...other doors closing, etc. The room faced a parking lot, but was quiet. Next time, I would ask for a room looking out over the river. The Quality Inn Arnprior lobby is spacious and lovely....gas woodstove, squashy furniture, computer/printer, coffee and tea making facilities and complimentary newspapers. Very handy that there is an entrance into East Side Marios from inside the hotel. For me, the wonderful beds were the clincher in giving this hotel four stars out of five. Note to maintenance staff: Room 134 needs to have the bathroom door hinges oiled. :-) Many thanks!

Room Tip: Request a room with river viewl
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pdmytrenko
Reviewed 12 October 2011

This is a small town, slow time...they charged me $125.00 for a tiny little room on the ground floor that had a window that would not lock..anyone could have slid the window open and got in my room no problem. There were bugs on my tv and bed that were black with red lines. When I complained Karen the assistant manager said "Well these are bugs that are in the area at this time" I did not PAY for BUGS to be in my room!! Disgusting and they did not take any money off. They also put a hold on my card for the security deposit too and did NOT release it after I checkout and paid the regular amount...so 3 days later I had both charges sitting on my credit card and could not use as they did not release the security hold of $175.00
Nice business procedure and great customer service....NOT!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank luvbntysmom
Reviewed 22 April 2011

This Quality Inn has improved in quality since my previous visits. The beds are very comfortable now and electrical outlets are now available. The hotel is right next to a exercise trail and a beautiful river. The lobby has a new printer and computer and the wifi connection worked great. The staff is very helpful. I must say it is still overpriced, priced high enough to make me think of using alternatives. A restaurant shares the same property. The staff there is great and the food tasty.

Room Tip: Riverview rooms are nice and they get evening sun
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank smokym1
Reviewed 6 November 2010

There wasn't anything outstanding about the facility. The rooms were somewhat dated, there was no free breakfast or breakfast coupons provided, and its attachment to a bar made for more traffic in the parking lot/noise than a typical Quality Inn. Clearly this place began life as something else, and wound up getting roped into the Choice chain as they've declined over the years. No problems, the staff were great, and the check-in and check-out swift, but I was not impressed overall. While the location was convinient after the end of a long day driving in horrible conditions, had I known it was this ho-hum I may have plodded on another hundred miles to a nicer place. Who knows. Again, it's not some slum to avoid...it's okay on the whole, and if they'd spruce up the rooms a bit and offer a breakfast, it'd be more worth the $110 CN (AAA rate) I paid.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnprior
Days Inn & Conference Centre Renfrew
#2 of 4 in Calabogie
Arnprior Motor Inn
Arnprior Motor Inn
#4 of 4 in Arnprior

Been to Quality Inn Arnprior? Share your experiences!