“Great Dinner”

Aquagrill
Ranked #7 of 150 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Great Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband and I have eaten here several times and always enjoy our meal. The restaurant is small and cozy. Although in the winter there can be a wave of cold air from the front door. A hazard in most restaurants in this weather. I can honestly say we have not had a bad meal here. There is sometimes an OK dish but mostly the food does not disappoint. Well priced too. When it is busy the service can be a little spotty but again nothing awful. There is local artwork on the walls and that helps with the cozy feel. Worth a trip.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank sandybeachsareus

Newmarket, Canada
“Very laid back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Went for early dinner(5.30) had a great meal and not in a hurry, food was excellent and service was great.Parking is a problem,so you must go around the rear of Wellington Street to find a spot.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank FrquentDiner
Newmarket
“highly overated by people who need to eat good food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had heard on several occasions that Aqua Grill was an excellent restaurant and being a food fanatic for the last 60 years - well I felt I had to try it...and I do consider myself an expert having eaten in restaurants across the globe as well as all the best dining spots in Canada......this was a disaster! The food was still frozen in this case the Calamari. The service was incredibly slow and extremely aloof bordering on snotty. When I complained about the length of the wait and the lunch still frozen.....I was not even extended the courtesy of an apology or a replacement free of charge.....I do not need to be insulted or poisoned with raw food......too many other really fabulous restaurants in this city and this is not even mediocre in my rating system.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Newmarketcricket
Pickering, Ontario
“Good Holiday Season Starter!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Server was prompt, efficient and knowledgeable in handling this medium sized crowd for lunch on a Wednesday. The soup and starter spring rolls were very good (would go back for the spring rolls alone!) plus the pasta and risotto mains were well above par. They seemed to have a more than adequate wine list although we did not sample same.
The unofficial holiday season for us begins with US Thanksgiving and the Aqua Grill got us off to a good start.

• Visited November 2013
gman305
“Great potential”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We visited the Aqua Grill last week based on other Tripadvisor reviews. We made reservations (recommended). The place is small, but intimate. The seating we were given could have been better, we were more in the middle of the restaurant and it felt a little tight. The service started out great, but as they were busy, the attention we were given waned. We had to ask for wine, and coffee more than once. The food was good, but not great. We didn't leave saying that we need to go back for that meal again. That being said, we will likely give it one more try.

• Visited September 2013