“Absolutely HORRIBLE service!!!”

Ranked #53 of 154 Restaurants in Aurora
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Aw Shucks Seafood Bar & Bistro a sleek and stylish restaurant that showcases upscale dining and an extensive international wine list. Aw Shucks brings a downtown feel to the heart of York Region. The bar is highlighted with an enticing array of fresh oysters waiting to be shucked. Visit Aw Shucks for a dining experience to be treasured.
Canada
“Absolutely HORRIBLE service!!!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

If you want to experience a service nightmare then you should definitely visit! Close to impossible to get a waiter/waitress for even water. If you would like to wait over 2 hours to get a meal, again a must visit.

1 Thank Ram0na_M

Aurora
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Aw shucks Aurora”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We read all the negative reviews about the restaurant so we decided to have lunch there to see how bad it really was. We were pleasantly surprised at the pleasant experience we had. We were greeted by a young pleasant lady that seated us on the upstairs patio. We received our drinks quickly and she took our order right away. The food was delicious. She kept checking with us to see if everything was o.k. The bill was reasonable and we certainly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank John N
Aurora, Canada
“Not a great birthday dinner”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was the second time we ate here and we were met with the same ignorance of the menu as we were the first time. Our wait staff did not know where the oysters were from nor was unable to describe what one of the entrées consisted of when asked. When the entrées were brought and we started eating both my son and husband had mud in their clams. Quite a substantial amount. We pointed this out to the waitress and she said she would take care of it. We didn't hear or see anything more about this disgusting issue. Nobody came to speak to us. Nothing was taken off the bill. We were disappointed. We are long time residents of Aurora and thought is was great to see this renovated restaurant in a prime area of the town. I feel like I was brushed under the rug. Being ignored was not good for business. I'm not sure we will go back to eat at Aww Shucks. Maybe for a drink, that is if they increase inventory of certain beers. And they inform their wait staff of outages so they can be on top of information and give that to the customer. Very very disappointing. Too bad

1 Thank Joanne R
Aurora, Canada
“Bad, rude service”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I came here Friday with friends. Waited 45 minutes for a drink. Then the second time we ordered, we never saw a drink. There were two girls running around serving. Definately understaffed. The place was packed. Not very friendly either. They just ignore you as you say "excuse me?" when they walk by.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Service!!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Visited on a Friday night and had the worst experience of my life. What a disaster! The bar is sorely understaffed and the staff that DO work there, are rude! RUDE! I tried to order a shot for a bride-to-be that was also there, and was ridiculed for my selection! I truly think he was so disgusted with my first order because he didn't know how to make it. So I obliged and ordered something easy and because I didn't order anything else (my beer was still cold and full) he took someone else's order first because the guy was ordering multiple drinks! He let me sit and stew and wait for a shot that was meant as a gift. Second time to the bar, I ordered a beer for me and a water for our designated driver - bartender brings me my beer and a vodka/water. I told him no I ordered a water, and he took my money and gave me change for the beer and never bothered with the water!!!! So long story short - if you're not flashing big bucks, then the bartenders aren't interested. (The ladies seemed to be running, the two guys were a total joke.)

• Visited September 2013