“Very underwhelming.”

Ranked #53 of 164 Restaurants in Aurora
Price range: US$8 - US$39
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Aw Shucks Seafood Bar & Bistro a sleek and stylish restaurant that showcases upscale dining and an extensive international wine list. Aw Shucks brings a downtown feel to the heart of York Region. The bar is highlighted with an enticing array of fresh oysters waiting to be shucked. Visit Aw Shucks for a dining experience to be treasured.
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have never written a review before but I feel the need to pass along how underwhelming our dinner at Aw Shucks was. The shrimp cocktail was nothing special, the french onion soup was tasteless and most upsetting was the grilled calamari that was drenched in olive oil and had no seasoning - it literally tasted like I was drinking oil. I think that the potential is there for this to be a nice spot in Aurora. Especially seeing as we are lacking nice places to go, but the service and food does not match the atmosphere and it's safe to say that I won't be returning.

3  Thank NC9034

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I went to aw shucks on a Friday night and Cassandra was my waitress. The server was fast and friendly. I would recommend this place highly. The field greens salad and crab cake were delicious and fresh. The beer and broccoli soup was absolutely fantastic

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have been to Aw Shucks a number of times and also consider myself a regular. I was very excited to experience the new Aw Shucks. I have been there a couple of times now and want so desperately for it to be a good experience....but sorely it is not! Long line ups for drinks at the bar and snarly service when you do finally wave someone down to give you a drink. The brunette female bartender needs a lesson in manners. She is abrupt and rude. She never smiles. She can be seen dancing instead of serving the many patrons gathered around the bar. It is obvious she is not enjoying her job. I waited 35 minutes the first night I went and 40 minutes the second night. Looking for a new place to "hang out".......

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Waiting 45 minutes to get a drink at the bar is insane. Finally waiving down a bartender only to be ignored or told they are busy and to wait is unacceptable. The bartenders obviously don't like their jobs at Aw Shucks and they make that fact well known. We tried to reserve a table in the lounge 2 weeks in advance and were told these tables were not available for reservations and were available on a first come basis - when we arrived at the restaurants 4 of the lounge tables had reserved signs on them. When we inquired about this, the hostess advised us that they could only be reserved by knowing the manager or owner. If this is the type of establishment that only wants to cater to "friends" of the manager/owner, I am not interested in spending my time or money there. We watched the people at these tables and they just had drinks whereas we had dinner and drinks which would have resulted in more money for the establishment. We have been long time patrons of Aw Shucks but do not know the manager personally so do not rate a decent reservation.

On a positive note, the food is outstanding once you finally get service.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Oct 18th, Friday night, we had 8:30pm reservations, after that all the tables were pretty full and they had to turn away guests. Reservations recommended.
I didn't find the service to be slow at all. We ordered some extra oysters and the server told us it might take a little longer due to volume but we didn't find it too that long. Besides we are spending a small fortune on a meal, why scarf it down and be in a rush?
We really enjoyed ourselves, great service and food. Will definitely go back :)