“Lovely decor, horrid food.”
Review of Joia Ristorante

Joia Ristorante
Ranked #10 of 157 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Haven't been here in ages, so was really looking forward to going back. Decor changes are lovely, very elegant without being ostentatious, would never know from the inside this was in a busy plaza. We were there for lunch, both had lobster bisque, it looked like dirty dishwater with a few celery leaves floating in it, very watery, not hot and overly fishy flavour. Followed this with mussels, they were okay, but it was supposed to be spicy, and was again watery juice, and again not hot. Not worth the price, and I don't go out to eat for the surroundings, so truly disappointing.

3  Thank Gerihattrick

Reviewed 12 January 2014

As you can tell we travel a lot and eat all over the world. I have say though that Joia is up there with the best. I never thought all this time to review a restaurant in my home town so this is a long time coming. My husband and I are regular diners here. we bring our friends and have date nights here. I agree with the other reviewers that it is a place you want to keep coming back to. The secret to a successful restaurant is no surprises. The staff and food have been consistently good over the years. The owners Marco and Eugene are on the floor and in the kitchen and that is part of their success. Great Italian food and decent prices. Great wine list. Warm atmosphere. Make reservations and go try it for yourself.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have been enjoying Joia for many years. We moved here more than 20 years ago, and have been back many times. We have celebrated birthdays, confirmations, communions, and just for a night out. The staff are very knowledgeable, and do not rush you out.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is a very consistent restaurant - its never spectacular but very good all the time. They have very good pasta at reasonable prices, their veal Marsala is tender and plentiful. Their fried misto seafood is very good appetizer and the Caesar salad is a good one - lots of garlic and some spice. My favorite is the Tasca 84 veal dish.
Their pizza is the best in Newmarket/Aurora area. They have a wood fired oven which is the only way to make pizza - that's if you enjoy Pizza like they make in Italy.

Wine list is very extensive but you can still find a good value for 38 - 45$.

Have heard their service is not overly friendly - I have experienced it when it was very busy (which is most of the time) and it could have been smoother - but I find it attentive, professional and not intrusive. What they don't do is introduce their name or write it on your table and try to make you their best friend by the end of the evening - something I prefer.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Joia is very popular with local auroras and many eat here regularly. I do agree the server staff know whose been there before and can lean toward repeat customers. The food here is very good always very fresh. Amazing wine list. They will do take out which is popular now