“A gem with a new name.”

Da Vinci Ristorante
Ranked #11 of 23 Restaurants in Bayfield
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Canadian, Italian, American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Davinci Ristorante daily serving lunch and dinner. Our new lunch menu includes items such as Quiche, Crepes, Burgers, Quesadillas, Various Pastas, Great Salads and Sandwiches. Our dinner menu includes beef, salmon, tilapia, lamb shanks, jerk chicken, curries, homemade burgers and pastas. We have a beautiful backyard patio and have a full service bar with six beers on tap.
London, Ontario
“A gem with a new name.”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

DaVinci Ristorante & Art Gallery used to be Cafe Da Vinci's. The same wonderful owners. The same fantastic food. Just a new name. Whether for dinner, lunch, coffee and dessert, this wonderful ristorante has what you want. Fabulous food and great drinks. The owners truly care about their restaurant and the community.

• Visited July 2012

Bayfield, Canada
“great patio for summer dining”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Food and service are exceptional. Friendly owners and art lovers delight with array of paintings throughout the interior

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Cuddles1949
Oakville, Ontario
“Cafe From Hell!”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Two friends and I stopped by this place for lunch a while ago during a day trip while visiting at a nearby cottage. Since one was going to pay cash, the other Visa and I was going to use interact, we asked the young waitress for separate checks. The first bad sign was that she looked over her shoulder nervously towards the owners before agreeing to do so. We thought it odd, but got back to our conversation, while waiting for the food to appear. It was disappointing. I remember my small undercooked grilled veggie type sandwich and a friend's bland salad. The desserts looked better and we were still hungry so we placed an order. That's when the weirdness really started.

The waitress informed us that here shift was over and she would pass our bill on to the owner. A few moments later all he'll broke loose. The owner could be hear loudly berating the poor girl for writing out separate checks and screamed at her to dispose of them and rewrite a new combined checks for our table. We were speechless...for a moment. He came to our table and told us that separate checks were impossible to do in his establishment because of how busy they were. We were quick to point out that there were only two other tables seated and that it was a bigger waste of time making the poor girl rewrite the bills which were already prepared. At this point the other customers were staring, amazed at what was going on. Unwilling to continue further in this ridiculous exchange, we told him to cancel our dessert order and that we were ready to leave. But no! The owner returned to the cash register behind the counter and conned to berate us to his partner at the top of his lungs. It was like a scene out of a very bad comedy. The other customers starting expressing their concerns over such inexcusably bad service but this only seemed to fuel the owner's rage over the nerve of us expecting separate bills.

We approached the girl who was off to the side of the side of the counter, close to tears, being forced to rewrite the bill, after her shift had ended. We spoke in low voices telling her how terribly sorry we were to have been the catalyst for such a scene causing her such trouble. The friend with the cash tipped her very generously, also. Then we approached the owner who pushed the bill toward us, sneered and looked away. I was first and I told him what I had and asked him what was owed. He refused to tally it and I refused to pay until he told me. His partner started yelling, picked up the phone and pretended to call the police. Honestly, it was the strangest experience I have ever encountered in a restaurant. In this day and age, not to mention economy, who treats customers this way?

Two of us were prepared to endure the indignity of it all and hold our ground but our friend was too horrified and paid the bill, pleading with us to leave. When I got home I posted on a very popular restaurant rating site and was somewhat reassured to find many similar reports about very unpleasant encounters with the owners about trivial matters such as not allowing a customer to sit at a patio table because he had ordered his coffee "to go".

In retrospect we laugh about it now but, we weren't laughing then. Stay away from this place. Very mediocre food and owners who haven't the foggiest idea about what constitutes customer service. Their contempt for the customer and their mercurial personalities do not constitute a winning combination, to say the very least.

• Visited August 2010
19 Thank Pokieman2
Kitchener
“Best in Town”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Although I think it's now called Restaurante Davinci because it's more than a cafe, this place was a great surprise. We sat on the back patio and had lunch. The paninis were big and delicious. The carrot cake - oh my gosh - better than my great-aunt's which I didn't think was possible. The coffee was superb - they grind their own blends.
The patio was so relaxing.
The price was very affordable especially considering it's Bayfield which can be rather pricey.
The owners are also artists and afterward we looked in their small gallery out back. All the photos and art on the walls in the restaurant are also done by the owners. I bought a gorgeous photo of the beach for a VERY reasonable price.

• Visited May 2011