“relaxing on the patio”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

enjoyed a tasty lunch on the patio today ! we were welcomed by Kim and the smiling maria was our server however the other girls also spoke to us as the passed our table . The pancetta was new to the menu but very nicely presented and something I hope they keep . we were checking out the weekeday service and food since we had heard some nasty comments from friends and we are pleased to say we were extremely happy with the total experience!!!!!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Just terrible!! Worst meal I've ever had. The chicken came mutilated on my plate, it was not seasoned and worst of all it wad so dry i could not swallow it. The potatoes were gluttonous lumps with no salt and a tonne of butter. The asparagus was okay- overcooked but at least it was seasoned. The brushetta was so odd. It had very little tomato, tonnes of red onion and green peppers, cheddar cheese and mozzarella. It was not brushetta. When i mentioned this to the waitress she told me the cook was new and "doesn't always know what he's doing". I sent my meal back. The waitress spoke to the kitchen and they replied that they always cook their chicken and potatoes this way and so it is my fault i don't like it. The waitress only half-priced my meal- a total of $6 off. My husband's steak sandwich tasted alright but his bread was only half the size of his steak and the sandwich was open-faced. Basically there was no break. All in all it was a terrible experience and their cooks don't know how to cook (the waitress even said so!). Don't go there. Its the worst. It was the first time I've ever sent my food back and actually expressed dissatisfaction!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had lunch there and the food was very good and so was the service. They were very sociable.
Kim was an excellent host.
Also if you are a Beer lover they have 15 different beers and 1 cider on Tap. I had a new Lager from the Black Donnelly's Brewing Co. which was excellent.
B. Carroll

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband surprised me on Sunday by taking me to Bayfield. We looked for a place to stop for lunch, and we were both attracted to this quaint looking hotel/restaurant with a patio...The Albion Hotel. We were greeted personally by the hotel owner Kim, who went out of his way to tell us the local history of the hotel, and other features of the town. We started with the soup the day which was the chicken curry soup, it was unbelievably delicious!!!! I had the Albion burger and my husband had the Cajun wings....both of which were also very good!....the service and the atmosphere were all top notch. The staff was friendly, and we were impressed with the way the owner personally greeted and stopped to talk to every person that came thru the doors. We will definitely be returning to this place and soon..

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Had lunch there with my family and another family(4 adults, 4 kids). The food was good, and everyone liked their meal. Service was really slow on the food though. It took about 40 minutes to get the meals out. They had a lot of beers on tap if that's your thing. I would give the place another try in hopes that thos was a one off.