We had the opportunity to stay at Angeline's over the May long weekend. Just a little piece of heaven in the county. If you are coming to PEC for wine touring, then we cannot recommend enough that you book a room at Angeline's and plan to take a good number of your meals at The Hubb (the in-house restaurant). The Hubb has delightful atmosphere, a great local wine selection, amazing food, and authentic local charm without an ounce of pretension.
The accommodations are top-notch. We were booked in the Walter, which is adjacent to the main house, and is essentially a completely revitalized 1950s motel. The design is simple, clean and practical, with accents of local art and well-chosen antiques. Your host, Alex, will instantly make you feel at home and completely taken care of. From providing wine glasses so we could enjoy our local wine purchases, to directing us to the best wineries in the region, Alex went out of his way to make our stay memorable. We were able to have a look at the suites in the main house as well, and all our simply gorgeous.
There are many small, off-the-beaten-track places that you could have missed if you were only going by the tourist maps; a particular favourite of ours (recommended by our host) is Old Third vineyards, which specializes in Pinot Noir. Lighthall and Karlo Estates were also favourites.
With regard to the dining, the restaurant has a great selection of tapas and mains. During our stay, tapas on offer included beef tartar, mussels, and seasonal soup. Mains included scallops, beef brisket, and pappardelle pasta. All were delicious, with locally-sourced ingredients. It's also worth mentioning that there is a well-stocked bar, with an excellent selection of cocktails.
P.S. The Mustang drive-in was also a fun experience for us, and is only a 5-minute drive from Angeline's.
Final word: just book it. But don't tell too many people about it ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Angeline's is known for its fine dining and creative cuisine. Surrounded by flowering gardens which border on sweeping country fields, Angeline's offers a tranquil stay for the discerning traveler. Recently added: a new master suite with its antiques and original works of art. Arts or well-being workshops offered in Angeline's Studios. Browse among Bloomfield's unique village shops, some of which have special arrangements with Angeline's for late-night shopping. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Angeline`s Restaurant And Inn
- Angeline`s Restaurant Hotel Bloomfield
- Angeline's Inn Bloomfield, Ontario, Canada