My husband and I along with my inlaws stayed in the motel area called "The Walter", we each had our own room. We stayed during the last week of July for two nights.
The rooms were small, but well maintained and renovated. There wasn't much counter space in the room, but there was a chair so that helped. However there needs to be more counter/storage space in the bathroom - there was no place for our toiletries!
I'm not sure if they replaced the beds or not, but our bed squeaked every time we moved! We were in room 7, so if you can, try to avoid it unless you like waking up every time you move.
This is included with your stay at The Walter, the restaurant is very quaint & cute. The breakfast croissants were ok - nothing extraordinary & they were very tiny - that's what's included - so if you want a decent breakfast you need to order from their menu which isn't extensive but the choices were good & had some healthy aspects.
One great thing is the homemade ketchup - it was excellent!
The hosts seemed nice enough, but didn't really go above and beyond to really stand out in a customer service regard. From what I could decipher there were at least 2 other families staying at the B&B who were French Canadian (My inlaws are French Canadian). The young lady who was waiting on them spoke to them in French and understood it perfectly. However when serving us she would only speak in English, I'm assuming figuring we'd translate for my inlaws. If she were smart she would have gone the extra mile and make the effort to communicate directly with my inlaws as well as my husband and myself. Had she not spoke the language I would of understood, but seeing as she clearly was able to communicate I found it quite insulting on my inlaws behalf.
Coming from a customer service background, number one priority should be servicing the client to the best of your abilities. Especially if you're running your own business. Unfortunately Angeline's didn't meet our expectations; we'll be trying another B&B when we head back to PEC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Angeline's is known for its fine dining and creative cuisine. Surrounded by flowering gardens which border on sweeping country fields, Angeline's offers a tranquil stay for the discerning traveler. Recently added: a new master suite with its antiques and original works of art. Arts or well-being workshops offered in Angeline's Studios. Browse among Bloomfield's unique village shops, some of which have special arrangements with Angeline's for late-night shopping. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Angeline`s Restaurant Hotel Bloomfield
- Angeline`s Restaurant And Inn
- Angeline's Inn Bloomfield, Ontario, Canada