After a day on Sandbanks beach we decided on impulse to stay in the county overnight. We were a group of 7 including two elderly grandparents. My wife called Angeline's and was offered the "Picton House", owned or managed by Angeline's for $360, which we accepted. When we arrived in Bloomfield an hour later (pretty much committed at this point), the price had mysteriously increased to $420 because we were 7 people - something we had made clear on the phone.
Still feeling a little ripped off, when we got to the house (which has a certain old world charm) we discovered that it really isn't suitable for 7 anyway, but we were committed at that point. There are two double bedrooms which are fine. The third is really a single and the, so called, queen air bed is also a single. The house really sleeps 5 in beds and a sixth on the air bed in the living room.
The house was clean and suitable for one or two nights for up to five people. It is not worth $360 a night and as Ontarians I feel embarrassed to point out how we were gouged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Angeline's is known for its fine dining and creative cuisine. Surrounded by flowering gardens which border on sweeping country fields, Angeline's offers a tranquil stay for the discerning traveler. Recently added: a new master suite with its antiques and original works of art. Arts or well-being workshops offered in Angeline's Studios. Browse among Bloomfield's unique village shops, some of which have special arrangements with Angeline's for late-night shopping. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Angeline`s Restaurant Hotel Bloomfield
- Angeline`s Restaurant And Inn
- Angeline's Inn Bloomfield, Ontario, Canada