“Attentative, skilled service”

Bloomfield Bicycle Company
Ranked #9 of 15 Shopping in Bloomfield
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Bike repairs, seat sales, clothing, rentals ... All done with skill & care. If it is not right, Katy & Rick & the crew are not interested in selling it. Dedicated cyclers, they know the area, lead tours and can advise you on value for money establishments in the county.

1  Thank D J
"culture"
"quirky"
"sandbanks"

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We wanted to rent some bikes to go on a wine tasting tour of the area and the guys at Bloomfield were great at sorting us out on short notice and even delivered the bikes to our campsite for us. They know what they are talking about and the service is A1. Oh, and they also gave us some cool water bottles which I have kept as a souvenir of our trip. Thanks guys!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

... to replace my 20 year old Hybrid. So I stopped in and looking around. The place can not be missed as they have tons of bikes outside in front. As I got talking to the owners about my preferences, they showed me some that could possible replace mine, and did not hesitate to let me take a few for a test drive. The time and attention I received along with great advice and tips made me almost feel guilty for taking up so much of their time.

Mentioning a little problem about some play I had in the fork of my bike, I did not ask for but was right away offered to have it looked about even without any charge. something very uncommon these days. The current job was put aside and my bike put on the stand, handle bar taken off and the fork removed. Within 10 minutes my bike was put together again with the problem solved - all without even expecting a penny for the trouble. To top it up, I was even told that my current bike was still in great shape and that I may not even need buy a new one.

Now, if that is not service, then I don't know what is. I had driven 35 km to this store to check it out based on great feedback from others, and can only say that I will go back again either to buy a new bike or just if I need service, and all of course with an unhurried attitude and a smile.

I can recommend this place without any reservations and they get top marks for service and customer appreciation.

Norbert, Belleville

1  Thank sailornappo
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Called to see if this outfit could repair a rear wheel bearing/hub from a vintage Ralleye Ambush and was immediately told by the woman answering the phone that I had no idea what the problem was because I wasn't a bike mechanic.

She went to say that because the bike (which she has never seen) is likely an unmaintained piece of junk, I should only bring the rim to their shop. If I brought the whole bike, the experts at Bloomfield Bicycle would be forced to do many repairs because they have a policy of not allowing a bike meeting their standards to leave their shop.

It`s been a while seen I`ve encountered this particular mixture of arrogance and cavalier attitude toward a customer.

Bloomfield Bicycle may bend over backwards for those wearing multi-hued nylon as they whiz about the County roads on the latest technological marvel seen at the Tour de France, but the attitude displayed on this occasion makes it quite clear that those with less ambitious equipment and goals need not apply.

As someone who has been in the tourist business in Prince Edward County for over 40 years, I`m ashamed this type of attitude is on display -- I certainly won`t be recommending Bloomfield Bicycle to any of my guests.

18  Thank Cornerguy1
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This past May long weekend a group of seven of us rented a cottage in Bloomfield. We had initially looked into a few of the organized wine tour options (which ran about 100-135$/person for about a 6 hour tour). Instead, we decided to each rent a bike through Bloomfield bicycle company and we were extremely glad we did.

Firstly, excellent value. 35$ per person and we had the bikes delivered to us (that is right, the bikes were delivered to our location!) at 9:30 am and picked up again at 6:00pm. Before the bikes were dropped off, we were able to customize the rental based on height/inseam, sex, type of bike (road, mountain, hybrid) etc. The staff were prompt with their email correspondence and right on time for both drop-off and pick-up and they provided detailed (and energetic) safety and technical instructions regarding the bike use as well as provided some great tips on which routes and wineries to visit. They will even pick you up if you get stuck! A few in our group were novice riders but felt quite comfortable with the instructions and tips we received.

The bikes themselves were in great shape and surpassed our expectations for rental bikes. The biking conditions around the Bloomfield/Wellington area are quite good - lots of paved roads with biker friendly shoulders (although there are some gravel country roads - so a hybrid bike is not a bad idea). All in all, I would highly recommend using this company if you are looking for a way to explore the beautiful farms, wineries and PEC countryside at your own pace. Get out this summer, Grab some friends, grab a bike, explore and have a blast! Make sure to hit Karlo Estates winery along your trip!

Oh yeah - one more thing - you get to keep the water bottle as a souvenir.

3  Thank jwent09