“Great!”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Food is very good, beer is cold and service is fast and friendly, we frequent here often, and send guests to enjoy a good lunch.

1  Thank Isabelle F

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Daves roadhouse has super good food and fairly good prices . My issue was with the service ,we went there today and sat on the patio around 2 pm the waitress came and took our order she promptly brought our soup then about 15 minutes later we finally received our drinks after our lunch arrived we were not given eating utensils or napkins which I had to flag down another waitress to get . Then our waitress asked if we would like sauce for our onion rings which we did not receive until about 15 minutes later after I called her over from another table and she said she had forgotten to go get it she then brought it out but the majority of the meal was complete by then and we were ready to leave..

2  Thank janv1313
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Quick lunch with family surprised us with the quality of the food and the flexibility of the kitchen.

2  Thank 62Virgo
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We arrived at Dave's Roadhouse at 5:30 on a Saturday evening. The place was busy but not packed. The waitress saw us come in and told us to sit wherever we liked and she would be right with us. We waited and waited for her to bring menus until finally we got up and got our own. After about 20 minutes she came by and without apologies asked for ur drink orders. We only wanted ice tea, which came 10 minutes later. It was very weak tea and overly sweet. We sat for a long time agin until she came to take our orders. I ordered fish and chips with sweet potato fries and was told they didn't have any. I changed my order to a half rack of slow cooked (claimed to be cooked all day on a low heat) ribs and regular fries and my companion ordered a steak and mushroom pie with garlic mashed potatoes, which they were also out of. So he settled for a chicken pie with mashed potatoes. We waited for our food until almost 7:00. The chicken pie was small and tasty and the mashed potatoes came in a small oven proof dish large enough for one scoop of potatoes. My fries were tasty and my half rack of ribs did not look slow cooked. In fact they were almost raw. I did manage to find a little meat that was cooked but it was pretty tasteless. These ribs were definitely not as advertised. They were neither slow cooked or cooked in a sauce. When the waitess appeared to check on the food I showed her the almost raw ribs and she asked me what I wanted her to do, take them back? I said no,that we couldn't wait any longer and I would eat what I could of them...which wasn't much!
We finished eating in about 10 minutes and when the waitress came to clear I asked her to show the chef how "rare" the ribs were. My companion was still hungry after eating his meal. The owner came out and asked what he could do to compensate for the ribs and I told him he could take it off the bill which he agreed to do. We went to the Bar to pay as we could not wait to get out of there. We were there almost 2 hours, almost all of that time waiting for our waitress and our food, and we both left hungry. The bill for 2 glasses of iced tea and the chicken pot pie was over 19 dollars.
We definitely will drive on by this roadhouse from now on!

2  Thank DianeGreen53
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I know I had commented favourably last year, but this is no longer the case. Maybe the food is still good, but we did not get the chance to try it...
We got in and waited about 5 minutes for someone, anyone, to take notice of us...which ended up being the musician setting up for his gig who told us to sit wherever. Luckily, a table was just (partially) cleared, so we grabbed it. After about 10-15 minutes of being further ignored (with the single waitress seemingly ignoring us on purpose and another employed looking at us but taking no action) we just left.
Given recent reviews, that seems to be the new state of things there. I do not think we'll come back...at least until the next change in ownership.

2  Thank Charles R