“Great place , great atmosphere!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dave's Roadhouse - CLOSED

Dave's Roadhouse
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Barbecue
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wellington, Canada
“Great place , great atmosphere!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We have just moved to canada from England, Wanted to try this place as drive past a lot, some of reviews are not great, but we loved the place, cannot understand some of reviews! The place is great with a lovely atmosphere and some nice locals, the waitress was really friendly, we visited with two young children and felt very comfortable, definately a child friendly place. A little wait for the food as some reviews said but we didn't mind as it wasn't too long and we just sat enjoying the place! And the food was definately worth any wait time!! We ate the pulled pork sandwich and fish and chip both were amazing! We will definately be back and have already recommended the place to people! We left forgetting a childs juice cup behind, went back a few days later and the same waitress remembered me straight away and couldn't be more helpful!! We will be back soon!!!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Natalie W

Newmarket, Canada
“Dave's is worth the trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Dave is a true host! With a great variety on tap and a bartender/owner who is a joy to chat to....definitely take the time to stop by Dave's Roadhouse. Sit at the bar and get cosy....he is truly the best reason to visit!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Stephanie G
Ottawa, Canada
“Slow service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Got there and the waitress attitude seemed negative. She seemed like she didn't like her job but then again, I think they were only 2 to serve the whole place. We were with kids and we ended up waiting an hour and a half to get our food. The owner Dave, a sympathetic guy ended up serving us. They don't seemed prepared for tourists on a saturday night. The food was is fine if you are ready to wait a long time.

Ottawa, Canada
“Worst service ever experienced!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We waited over an hour for our food to arrive, the kids were starving. My mother got fries instead of mashed potatoes, and my nephews meal was forgotten completely. They put it in and the poor kid was eating stuff from his parents and cousins plate while he waited.

My sister in law ordered a T-bone, medium rare. I ordered a T-bone, medium. Hers came and it was almost charcoal. We told the waitress who took the plate back, and Dave came back out with the same T-bone, and said, "You see the pink in the middle? That's the definition of Medium rare". My brother said, ``okay, so you are basically telling the customer they are wrong``, and Dave, in so many words basically said `Yep, you are wrong``. The plate was returned to my sister in law, no apology, and no compensation. My brother ended up eating the steak and gave his ribs to his wife. I mentioned to Dave that I had ordered Medium, and mine was rawer than hers, could they possibly have switched orders - Dave said, ``entirely possible, I agree with you`` and walked off!!!

Afterwards, my brother went to have a discussion with Dave, when I followed him up, Dave was saying, ``well, its a special, and he won't make any money on it if he sends out a new one``. My brother asked him to take it off the bill as we were very unsatisfied with it, and Dave said he would call the police if we did not pay! Holy Smokes!!!

We were extremely upset and my sister in law felt so embarrassed. The waitress felt terrible, we made sure we gave her a good tip since she was in the middle of all this!

Note to Dave: You are in a service industry, figure it out what that means...I read the posts below, and I see that you are not cut out for this.

3 Thank ODS2013
“Horrible service - bland food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

This was the worst mistake we could have made. Too bad it has the opportunity to be in the wine and taste trail of Ontario. The service was despicable - it took 1 hour for a few burgers and a bowl of soup. It was Sunday afternoon, and the restaurant was quite empty with guests. The server was flustered and we were clearly not a priority. The food came out cold initially, and upon tasting it, it tasted like cardboard. We were looking or an easy pub meal, nothing gourmet, usually very easy to please - but this was horrendous. Keep driving, not worth your money or two hours of your life.

1 Thank Mlangpap