“Enjoyed our 4th year at Sunrise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bloomfield
SunRise Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 12 Bloomfield B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Enjoyed our 4th year at Sunrise”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is the 4th year we have stayed at Sunrise. We really enjoy staying year and would definitely return again.
John and Joan are a very friendly couple who know when to give you your privacy and when to chat and offer suggestions during your stay.
We had the place to ourselves as there are only two rooms so we enjoyed having the living room to ourselves, as well as their beautiful backyard.
The food portions are extremely generous and very tasty,
They have a park pass for Sandbanks provincial park for the use of their guests.
Did I mention the food. :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roch65

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Allgar
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Simply put our stay at Sunrise Bed and Breakfast was wonderful. John and Joan are gracious hosts, friendly, helpful and overall just really nice people.

Our party, my wife, and two good friends, stayed here for 3 nights and the entire stay was highly enjoyable.

Specifics: Rooms are very pretty, beds are comfortable (the sheets are incredible), bathrooms were clean and bright, shower had plenty of water pressure and hot water.

Breakfasts were top notch and there were several hot breakfast options to choose from daily. I highly recommend the French Toast and the homemade preserves.

Living space was spacious and very accommodating. Large television, comfortable couches and a super patio/deck just off the back where four people can sit comfortably and enjoy wine and conversation.

Book here! You won't regret it. I know I'll be back.

Room Tip: Both rooms are very nice and very reasonably priced.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Joan and John were such wonderful hosts to this impromptu guest. (I hadn't made a reservation and was fortunate to find vacancy on the off-season.) I could tell they knew what they were doing. Joan in particular was very welcoming, chatty, and efficient, which makes sense considering she was a nurse for decades. She was even so generous as to do my laundry for me!

The house is beautiful and quiet. Guests get their own side of the house (with a sitting area, living room, and porch) which I just loved. I was not able to sit outside as the mosquitos were vicious in early June, but the long, wide yard would be great for a picnic or a game of soccer or frisbee.

The breakfast was very good, and Joan was able to accommodate me even though the power had gone out in the area (which is quite rare). Normally, guests are served all kinds of things: OJ or cranberry juice, eggs, toast, bacon or sausage, etc. I had a fruit and yogurt parfait, rolls with butter and jam, and fruit. Simple but delicious. If you're traveling solo, Joan is a wonderful breakfast companion as well. :-)

This B&B was by far my favorite in Bloomfield, and I will not hesitate to recommend it or go again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Toronto
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights on the weekend and were very pleasantly surprised.
This was our first stay at a BnB and it was perfect.
We arrived and were greeted by Joan who was so welcoming and friendly, as well as her husband John. They showed us around the guests half of the house, which was beautiful and nicely decorated. There was the front entrance, to the left was the dining area, to the right was the guest living room with a private deck to the backyard. The deck and yard were perfect with nice patio furniture. Up the stairs were the 2 bedrooms and a little space to sit and have coffee or tea and read a book or play cards.
We had the king bed room which was the perfect size. The bed was one of the most comfy I've ever slept on. There was a flat screen tv, a couple chairs, a big walk in closet, and the bathroom. The room had everything we needed.
Joan and John were so helpful and told us everything about the area, where to go, how to get places.
Breakfast in the morning was at 8:30. Joan gave us a sheet when we arrived with breakfast options. The breakfast was SO GOOD. I tried to eat it all but couldn't. We don't usually eat that early in the morning so we were not that hungry but it was delicious and she set it up really nice. I had the pancakes the first morning with fruit, and bacon, eggs, toast the next morning.
There were lots of chipmunks and birds out in the yard and one night we heard a group of coyotes.
We would absolutely stay here again and hope we get to soon.

• Stayed May 2014
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We enjoyed a visit to Prince Edward County in 2012 and convinced my sister and BIL to join us for another tour of wineries and restaurants this year. We chose Sunrise B&B in Bloomfield from a google search and were very pleased. Hosts Joan and John were generous and genial; the 1870s home was very nicely redesigned to give two bedrooms, each with private bath, and three rooms to share - a little sunroom / mini-kitchen, an elegant dining room and comfy lounge downstairs. Breakfasts were abundant and tasty (my sister and I felt badly that we could not eat all we were given!), with special attention given to my food allergies. One jarring note was that the tub was shallow in their room; would be more pleasant if deeper/larger. Ours had a fairly roomy all-glass shower stall. The beds were very comfortable and the linens top-notch.

Room Tip: The room with shower has a King size bed and the other, a Queen, with slightly lower price.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank crookedhouserugs
Fort Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Joan & John were very welcoming hosts,during our 2 night stay in July. Just as we were checking in a thunder shower happened,they loaned us an umbrella to use for a quick trip to the store and the bank machine (they take cash only payment). After we settled into the spacious king room we opened a bottle of local wine, to enjoy in the living room, while checking emails etc ( they also have a deck and garden however it was still wet and rainy).
Following a great, quiet sleep in the comfy bed and a filling breakfast ( the french toast is great) we set off exploring the area, Joan suggested the sandy beach at sandbanks provincial park and gave us use of a parks pass and some towels. lots of wineries and cute shots in the area, you definitely needat least 2 days in this are and the Sunrise b & b makes a good homebase.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jlmnorthernBC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomfield
The Waring House
Isaiah Tubbs Resort
Isaiah Tubbs Resort
#5 of 5 in Picton
The Miller's House Bed and Breakfast

Been to SunRise Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!