“Not too impressed”
Review of Watson Farm Market

Watson Farm Market
Ranked #2 of 7 Shopping in Bowmanville
Reviewed 8 February 2017

This market has a wide variety of products and some good fruit picking. However, I find their prices extremely expensive, even for self picking, compared to other places I have visited. They are also not accommodating to people like myself who might only want a small amount of something, such as a couple of pounds of apples, it is a bag or nothing. So as a person on a fixed income like many residents, I shop elsewhere, even though I live around the corner

1  Thank sheilabarnes2016
in 4 reviews
"goats"
"admission"

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Have been to 2 of theses & they are as elegant as possible in the back of the market.
About 75 people are served a gourmet meal , find out facts about the produce & given "special treats" to go home with. This is an educational event for nutrition as well as a tasting event. It is decorated beautifully & served elegantly.
A great experience! They have 3 or4 a year , so watch for them!

2  Thank Marilyn K
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Awsome place for families. We did the apple picking. We loved the tractor ride and we picked up some fresh vegetables on the way out. All the apples and veggies were fresh and delicious.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

My girlfriend and I went apple picking on Sunday. The weather wasn't great, but we figured we won't get another chance as its already approaching the end of October. Watson Farm seemed like the most popular location in the area.
The farm is large with lots of opportunities to pick your own fruits. We were given a bag and got on the tractor to head out for apple picking.
It was moderately busy. The tractor ride out to the orchard was full. I was disappointed there was no advice or instructions (many places tell you how to identify ripe apples, and how to pick them without wrecking the poor tree). The rows of apple trees were fairly poorly marked and if you walked the length of the row and tried to come back on a different row there was no signage at all. Also disappointed that there were no ladders to get the apples a bit higher up.
There were many types of apples and if you went far enough down the rows you'd find lots of apples (I guess people pick the closest ones, so the later you go the further you have to go).
We chose not to pick pumpkins because they measure pumpkin size to determine price and there was no measuring stick out in the field to determine how much you'd pay.
Overall I found the prices quite a bit more expensive than other places I've gone apple picking which is disappointing.
One last complaint about the set up. There is only a single door from the store to where the wagon picks you up and drops you off. This made for a giant mess trying to get in and out and line up to pay for the apples I had picked.

Overall I would go again, but my I would much rather go back to some of the other orchards I have picked from in the past.