“Great fun for adventurous kids and adults”
Review of Greig's Caves

Greig's Caves
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Greig's Caves: The most extensive and spectacular formation of limestone caves in Ontario. Like the famous flowerpots on flowerpot island off Tobermory, ON. Take one hour hike through rugged trails, that lead you to 10 natural limestone caves. After exploring take the trail above the caves for a spectacular views some 300 ft. above Georgian Bay. For the most up to date info on greig`s caves , price to get in and hours , also foot ware , go to our web site .
London, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great fun for adventurous kids and adults”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We visited the caves with our boys, ages 12 & 10. They are outdoorsy kids, so we spent lots of time exploring every nook and cranny of these amazing caves. There were some hidden passages and holes leading to 'rooms' that most other visitors were walking right past. Bring, or better yet, wear a flashlight (around your head) so you can see where you're going inside the caves. It's easy to drop a handheld one if you're trying to scamper around on the rocks.

They give you a walking stick at the beginning, but you can't really use them when climbing around. They were somewhat helpful on the paths, particularly since we went after a rain and the rocks were quite slippery. Take some water to drink.

Plan to get very dirty, especially if it has been raining. We were covered in mud, but felt quite exhilarated by the experience.

3 Thank Educating_Mom

Sequim, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Journey to the center”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

When I heard about these caves I was told they were in the movie Chariots of Fire. Somehow that made me think we'd be on the beach and just walk into a big cave. This was different and yet so much more fun! They are a series of wondrous, eerie caves - you can smell and feel the limestone surround you and the temperature drop as you enter. If you really want to explore the caves, I suggest you wear long pants, long sleeves, good shoes and a hat. You can go and explore far, but you will get dirty. True to much of Canda's nature philosophy this is explore at your own risk. We started joking that the only real fun to be found is where you have to sign a safety waiver! It can be slippery and there are chances to climb and go wherever you want. It was an exhilarating time. They provide a walking stick (which I don't recommend - it got in the way) and a flashlight. The charge was $10 pp, worth it! There was a nice overlook walk on top of the caves after you explore.

Visited September 2012
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good Caves, Good Fun”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Read about this place before coming up on vacation. Glad we checked it out. So much better than the Collingwood caves, and better value for the money. Fairly inexpensive-$10 for adults and $5 for under 13yrs. Beautiful views, nice hike through the wood, and lots of caverns and caves to explore. Took around 2hrs to explore . Easy to find, and fairly easy to hike through. Would recommend for anyone looking for a physical adventure.

4 Thank Lorrie P
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Glad we checked it out”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I called the Tourism Office In Port Elgin as someone had suggested Bruce Caves and I wanted more info.The nice girl at the Visitors Center suggested Greig's Caves instead since I had a small child and she said we can actually go inside the caves and that she had gone when little and enjoyed it.
The girl gave me exact driving directions and I googled more info on my iphone and off we went.
It was a really nice time and a fun way to spend a a couple of hours.My daughter kept thinking bats were going to be in the caves like the "bat cave" at the ROM she has been in Toronto and which is her favorite exhibit. The walk was a little rougher than I expected and I'd thought it would be easier to navigate since the Visitors Center suggested it with a 3 year old.However, we had runners and did fine.
My daughter liked carrying a flashlight and we enjoyed seeing Ontario's natural beauty.
I would suggest it if you are in the area and have time and want to do some exploring or hiking. If you are just a beach bum, you can skip it.

2 Thank amargrewal1974
Mississauga, ON
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Family adventure”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

This was a cool thing to do with our kids, unlike anything we've done before. Just enough of a physical challenge that they were good and tired when we were done. Lots of climbing - over trails, rocks, caves. Have to admit didn't even know this existed, but would definitely recommend it. Only thing, don't do it in the rain - those rocks are darn slippery when they are wet and the walking sticks came in handy for us grown ups!!

2 Thank Working_Mom02