La Place Rendez Vous Hotel & Convention
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Fort Frances
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My one night stay at the Rendezvous was booked for business and the staff there made things very easy. Everyone is kind, helpful and pleasant. The hotel is quite low-fuss and well appointed. The fridge in the room was very much appreciated (and put to good use!) as well.

The beds are comfy, the room was well cleaned, but not spotless.

The bathroom shower curtain was missing a liner and the overhead lights would flicker inconsistently.

The wifi is pretty decent.

From what I've heard - its the best accommodation in Fort Frances.

The food in the restaurant and lounge is just okay.

2  Thank JaclynMore

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Could use some freshening up. The rooms sheet towels etc. were clean and changed regularly or when requested. House keeping staff very efficient and friendly. The restaurant is very good but a touch on the pricey side, The Lounge is very busy and popular a great spot to watch a game, The deck on the lake is a beautiful spot to relax and enjoy the scenery.
I was there for work and the lack of decent internet would make me question staying here for work in the future. Works intermittently with poor weak signal strength hard to complete daily reports that have to be emailed as well as downloading data and large emails. Had to either use cell phone hot spot or go somewhere else that had free WiFi.

4  Thank Chris K
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at La Place Rendez Vous for the first time in late June on our annual fishing trip to Ontario. My first impression was that the hallways were old looking and a bit musty. However, our room was very nice! Updated furniture, carpeting, draperies, fresh smelling and a very comfortable bed and a view of the lake. The bathroom is small but adequate. The shower worked well. The area had recently had record rainfall which had some disastrous effects on the beach and docks, so I understand that we were not seeing La Place Rendez Vous at its best and this will not affect how I am reviewing this hotel. The bar was very popular! We had our dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. We felt the food was very good, yet it was a bit pricey and dinner is ala carte. The sauteed walleye was excellent. We did sit on the patio in the evening and enjoyed it very much. The servers are friendly and provided us with quick service in the bar, the restaurant and the patio. There is adequate parking if one is trailering a boat. This hotel is also very close to Ontario Highway 11.

Room Tip: A room with a view of Rainy Lake would be my recommendation.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The room was clean and comfortable, good TV, price acceptable. Internet not acceptable at all. When I got in the first night It wouldn't work at all, the next few days it functioned on/off but not good enough to send in a simple daily work report email. Very annoying, thank goodness for phone hotspot.

Room Tip: Lake side would be nice view.
2  Thank Millertimeon
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stopped here on our way north into Ontario for a quick dinner and overnight after clearing customs from the U. S. Clean, fun bar scene, decent food in bar. There is a restaurant, but we didn't visit it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tluna491
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here 3 nights with work.
I had stayed here before about 10 years ago and had good memories of it from then. The hotel hasn't changed much as far as I could tell, just older.
Well everything was good until my first night sleeping. It was getting pretty warm outside, so some of the rooms were running their A\C units (under-window mounted). In the middle of the night, I was awoken by what I eventually figured out was an A/C unit from a nearby room. It woke me up because besides being quite loud, it wasn't a steady running noise, but an oscillating louder-to-quieter rhythm. (I always sleep with earplugs in, and this was loud enough to wake me up through the plugs). Long story short, I lost about 1.5 to 2 hours of sleep, and only was able to eventually get to sleep by sleeping with my head at the foot of the bed. I assume the noise was louder at the head of the bed because of vibration through the walls. Also, the A/C unit in my room had a broken/missing temperature dial, so you couldn't set the level. I wasn't too pleased. But other than that issue, everything was fine, with a nice restaurant and bar area, with a beautiful view of the water. The room was also spacious and clean. I would likely try to stay at the Super 8 next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

What a relaxing way to enjoy your early morning cup of coffee,looking out to the south
And seeing the morning shadows dissipate gradually.
You are about 1 K from the downtown area and the minnesota border.
There is a beautiful walkway that passes from the rendevous
All along the waterfront for walking and running.
Also a bike path well kept up
If you wish to ride the 2k shoreline right from the patio of your room.
The meals are excellently prepared,room service and/or dining room.
Nice easy listening bar separate
And well run also facing the lake.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Frances
Copper River Inn & Conference Centre
3 mi away
Super 8 Fort Frances
Super 8 Fort Frances
#1 of 4 in Fort Frances
AmericInn Hotel & Suites International Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Interna...
#3 of 8 in International Falls
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in International Falls
Days Inn International Falls
Days Inn International Falls
#5 of 8 in International Falls

Been to La Place Rendez Vous Hotel & Convention? Share your experiences!