“Nice menu selection”

La Flambee
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I was expecting a little more upscale interior at La Flambee but based upon the Triple A (Motor League) guide book, I ventured into the restaurant in downtown Fort Frances and was immediately seated by the woman at the front desk who was quick to bring a menu and take my drink order.
Lighting levels were quite low making it difficult to read the menu but the selection was extensive and my choice of chicken, angel hair pasta with mushrooms soon arrived, minus the angel hair pasta. Instead I received linguini which didn't sit well with me but I was starving and the food was quite tasty. The waitress did not come back to check on my meal, offer me another drink or invite me to partake of dessert. Lost opportunity on her part.
When I asked if the chef had run out of angel hair pasta, I was told she didn't know and that "there really wasn't any difference anyway." Maybe not to her but there is a heck of a difference between angel hair pasta and linguini.
I believe the intent is there to serve very fine quality food in Fort Frances but the service didn't match my expectation.

4  Thank kentwaddington

Reviewed 4 May 2013

The menu has nice selections, food is well presented with good portion size. The service was a bit slow -- the server didn't ask about drink refills or see if there was anything else needed. The pickerel was excellent! The steak was cooked as directed although slightly peppery -- next time will ask for less pepper in the prep. Certainly we would return! This has got to be the best restaurant in Fort Frances!!

1  Thank clayacres
Reviewed 16 April 2013

People in the area don't appreciate enough what this place has to offer. A little pricey, but it is by far the best restaurant on either side of the border for many many miles. Big city experience in a small town. Everything is homemade and delicious. Keep an eye out for special events such as the spring and fall soirees, they are absolutely fantastic.

2  Thank 807fish
Reviewed 15 February 2013

This restaurant is fairly small but the food is excellent. The prices are more than reasonable and the steaks are great as are all the other choices. This probably the best food in town and great for a quiet night out. Watch for the special events as they are a real treat offering a multi course dining experience.

1  Thank FrankBruyere
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Trendy and expensive. It wasn't really that impressive. No more needs to be said.
Unfortunately, TripAdvisor wants a 100 character minimum...