Ste. Anne's Spa
US$128
US$96
US$92
Agoda.com
Budget Inn(Port Hope)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$79
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$68
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

US$94
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$75
Travelocity
1,450 results
All reviewsanne's spaafternoon teahot tubmy friendmain innswedish massagedining roomget awaywalking trailswonderful experiencecan't wait to go backmain buildingwellness classesrolling hillsfood was amazingmeditation classan overnight stay
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Wonderful as always.

My mom and I go to Ste. Anne's twice a year. I'm 26, and we have been going since I was 19. We started out with a trip in December once a year (just before Christmas - an incredible way to regroup and remember to breathe before the holidays), and then added a summer trip after experiencing some difficult losses - we knew it would be the best therapy. We are never disappointed, and we always feel rejuvenated and relaxed after coming home (and the feeling lasts for several weeks).

We have stayed in several rooms. Our favourite is the Cathedral room. It is absolutely divine. There is a front vestibule and a long hallway to get to the room (it is all part of the suite, though, so it feels extremely decadent). I cannot put into words how wonderful this room is. The light comes streaming in in the morning (when you open the black-out curtains), and there are windows on three sides of the room. The bathroom has just been redone, and is gorgeous!

The wellness classes are just that. The teacher always offers many modifications so that anyone can do them and feel good about themselves and comfortable with their body's limits. I've been doing yoga for years but always learn new techniques that I love to bring home with me.

The food is incredible. I feel like the few people who have given less than rave reviews about the food are on a different planet! It is delicious yet there is no guilt when you eat it. It is healthy without tasting too healthy (i.e. the burger is a good size). My favourite menu items: The caesar salad, the tomato soup, the hamburger, and the almond cheese tart. But really, I have never had anything I wouldn't give at least 8 or 9 out of 10 (and most things I'd give a 10/10).

The treatments are key to the enjoyment of my trip. My favourites are the botanical resurfacing facial (this is my mom's favourite too), the back cleanse, and the Caribbean body treatment. There aren't enough hours in the day to get as many treatments as I'd like, but my mom and I like to get one treatment the day of arrival, two the day(s) we stay, and one the day we leave. I always try to get a grounding treatment the first day - the black cleanse is great for this. It's nice to get a facial on the last day because you don't "waste" any time (they recommend that you avoid water and the sun for half an hour after the treatment). Can you tell I love Ste. Anne's?

A quick note on seasons - We love our summer (August) and winter (December) visits equally. If you like swimming, the summer is a wonderful time to go because there is a huge outdoor pool. The gardens are also absolutely stunning. The winter is a very cozy time to go. It is lovely when you are in the outdoor hot tub and the snow is falling down. One year, when I got out of the outdoor hot tub after just a few minutes, there was a layer of ice on my flip flops! The eucalyptus steam room is probably my favourite room in the whole spa, and is especially nice in the winter, especially if you are at all congested! I'm planning my first autumn trip this year, and cannot wait to be there during the turning of the leaves and to enjoy the hiking trails.

I'm sure I am missing many points, but I am eager to go replicate one of the incredible salads I ate at the spa for an appetizer (arugula, walnut pieces, crumbled blue cheese, and poached pear, drizzled with some spectacular vinaigrette) last night.

For anyone who enjoys the finer things in life, you won't be disappointed. Feel free to message me if you have any questions, but the reception staff at the spa are incredible helpful!

Room Tip: There are modern rooms and rooms with a more rustic feel. I prefer the latter, but definitely think about where you'd feel most at home!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Katie O
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you Katie for such an incredible review! The fact that you and your mom have come to see us so often, and get so much out of the visits really makes me feel so blessed to be doing what we do. The Cathedral is one of my favourites as well, and I am glad that you enjoyed the new bathroom renovation. I have to agree with you about the poached pear salad too - this one is part of our new lunch menu and is a definite keeper! We look forward to seeing you this December as well. We are hoping to have a new outdoor hydrotherapy facility ready this winter that I know you will love as much as the eucalyptus steam room and the grotto!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were in desperate need of some R&R and St. Anne's came to our rescue. A year ago we visited the Dorset Manner for a weekend away and left feeling confused and disappointed. St. Anne, who previously owned the Dorset Manner, has always been known for outstanding customer service and quality. The Dorset Manner struggled to live up these expectations.

About a year later we booked in St. Anne's with the hope that our new experience would mask our previous experience. To be honest, we arrived with a chip on our shoulders. Our expectations were set high and yet were looking for experience to fail.

Everything was perfect. The room was beautiful. The property immaculate. And the customer service was outstanding. There is a charm to St. Anne's that can only be appreciated by those who have experienced travel beyond your standard 4-5 star cookie cutter chain hotels.

My suggestion is that you arrive with the intention to relax - and embrace what St. Anne's has to offer. It took me all of 5 minutes to let go of my critical eye - and simply enjoy myself - what a great metaphor for life...

YS and BC

PS: My only suggestion is that chef tweak the menu as the meals, although not substandard, did not tickle our palate.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you gave us the chance to show you what Ste. Anne's has to offer. Letting go of the outside world and the pressures that come with it is certainly what it is all about here. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the menu. We've just launched a new lunch menu this Monday and we are working on a fresh new one for the dining room as well. Hopefully we will see you soon so that you can come and sample the changes!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I recently spent the weekend at Ste. Anne's - it was my 6th visit to the spa and, as always, I had a fantastic time. We stayed in the Flower Room, which I loved (and had stayed in before). Since my stay there a year ago, they had updated the bathroom and it was beautiful (not that it was horrible before). I had three treatments: the chakra massage, swedish massage, and stone facial - all were wonderful. The only suggestion I would make is for the stone facial - to keep a warm blanket on top of the guests while the treatment is being done. It involves hot stones and, at times, warm towels, and what i found was that when the employee removed the towels or stones after they'd been on me a while i immediately became cold.

The food was fantastic - a highlight was the lasagna for lunch which is always one of my favourites there.

One part of the stay which I didn't love - i got picked up at the train station along with a big group travelling together. I guess they didn't bring any alcohol so had the driver take us all into the town so they could go to the LCBO so they could stock up...and they were in there about 15 minutes. I didn't appreciate being dragged along on that. I wish the driver had simply taken us to the spa to check in and told them if they wanted the LCBO then someone would take them later. Other than this (which I forgot about pretty quickly), the visit to Ste. Anne's was wonderful!

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the inn rather than one of the houses you're actually on-site.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank WanderlustTO

Thank you for your very kind words and for visiting us yet again! We are thrilled that you like the renovation to the Flower Room bathroom! We've been working through all of our rooms one by one trying to freshen them up where needed. I will be sure to pass on your recommendations to our spa team and our guest services team as well. We look forward to your 7th visit!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My daughter and I spent two days at Set. Anne's Spa and, for the most part, found our stay to be deeply relaxing and enjoyable. The spa treatments were top rate especially the Swedish Massages. The yoga classes were also great--one day the focus was relaxation and the other day a more strenuous set of stretches. The trails are beautiful. The gardens are really lovely. We stayed at the farmhouse and found the lodgings to be simple and rustic but surrounded by beautiful gardens and lovely grounds. The beds were excellent. The only disappointment was the food and the service in the restaurant. Twice we waited 30 minutes for a course--and one time after we had specified that we needed to be finished our lunch by a certain time to make a treatment. The food was very so so. No high quality ingredients. I had heard there was a change in the chef and kitchen staff--and it showed. Meats and fish were overdone. All in all not consistent with the balance of our enjoyable stay. Since meals are a focus of the day one would hope for better (and especially at the rates charged!). Still glad we went and still will consider it again--but with more measured expectations on the meal experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank borntotravel56
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Borntotravel56; Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Ste. Anne's with your daughter. I have had the pleasure of meeting so many mother/daughter guests this summer, and like you, they have all raved about the wonderful time they enjoyed together. Of course what concerns me in your case is that there was a disappointment. For years now I have provided each guest with my cell phone number on check-in hoping that they will use it to let me know if there is anything I can do to make their stay absolutely perfect, so I'm sorry that I didn't hear from you when you were here. I can tell you that our culinary team is strong. In this industry people come and go quite regularly, but we have been fortunate in that we have been able to build a great team over the past several years. That's not to say that while serving 4 meals a day we don't have the odd hiccup. So, next time you're here, please call me if you aren't happy with any aspect of your stay and I promise you, I will make things right. Sincerely, Jim Corcoran, Owner & General Manager, Ste. Anne's Spa

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Ste. Anne's is set on a beautiful landscape with a relaxing atmosphere. The venue never disappoints and entices you to return. During this visit, my friends and I were celebrating our birthdays. Our meals and spa treatments were second to none. The rooms in the main inn have character and are very comforting. I love the fact that cell phones are restricted in the common areas, which encourages relaxation! Will visit again and again and again...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Dear ProfessorOT; Thank you for writing about your recent stay at Ste. Anne's. I really appreciate the positive feedback; you and so many others inspire me to continue working with my great staff to make sure that we are constantly looking at ways that we can surprise you with new ways to relax. Just this past week, we opened up our new Wellness Pavilion, providing guests with another 1,000 square feet of space where they can take in the view. I hope you will check it out next time you are here. Take care. Sincerely, Jim Corcoran, Owner & General Manager, Ste. Anne's Spa.