“Retreat that Rejuvenates!”
Review of Ste. Anne's Spa

Ste. Anne's Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I went to Ste. Anne's in September 2013 for his 50th birthday. The weather was still summer, the outdoor pool was still open, and it was lovely. We walked the trail all the way up to the Angel on the hill. The eucalyptus steam room is our personal fave. Almost all the meals were excellent, except maybe the beet soup, which I thought would be like borscht, but it was just bitter. Everything else was really good, especially the Crème Brulee. We stayed in the Cathedral Room in the main lodge, for the second time in six months. It was really nicely appointed, and perfect for us, as it had two beds. Staff at Ste. Anne's are very attentive to one's every desire. The perfect getaway for stressed individuals!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main lodge are convenient to everything. There is new or old, depending on your prefer...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Mary M;
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate you sharing your lovely experience. Our goal is to always provide you with exceptional quality and service to ensure your stay is memorable. Again, thank you very much for your lovely compliments, we will be sure to share this with our staff!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

As you have noted by my title I am of the masculine gender and I enjoy going to Ste. Anne's Spa very much. Yes I feel pampered and spoiled while I am there but I do not in any way feel out of place. It is such a treat to go away to this beautiful location and enjoy the serenity and calm it offers to me. I enjoy the treatments I choose and receive. They too leave me in a state of calm. The food is excellent and of a very high quality. I enjoy the presentation and selection of the items on the menu. I even ventured and tried some yoga relaxation this time. Love it and did not feel my masculinity compromised in anyway. The staff at Ste. Anne's is definitely one it's highest credentials. They are always so thoughtful and caring. So any of you men out there who are hesitating about having a spa experience, call now and book at Ste. Anne's. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Doug M;
Thank you for your review, we are humbled by your kind words! We aim to provide a superior level of service in combination with personal touches to encourge a state of relaxation for our guests! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the cuisine and must agree the views are serene and calming. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have visited Ste. Anne's on many occasions, each time surpassing the previous experiences. I am always in awe of such a vast collection of genuine and caring people who assemble and work at this delightful place. From the moment you leave your car and begin your journey into your retreat the ambiance is inviting and relaxing. Everything is orchestrated so perfectly and flawlessly in every aspect. The treatment I had was a hot stone massage and it was divine. The meals are always haute cuisine in a very healthy way. I also did the Yoga Nidre meditation and it too was incredible. I left the spa totally relaxed and euphoric, at peace with everything. As for my most favourite part of this experience it is always the staff and people who make this so delightful. Thank you Ste. Anne's.

Room Tip: Leave your cares and worries in the car and enjoy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Ginny M;
Thank you very much taking the time to share your thoughts and highlights of your stay! We feel very lucky to work with such a great team of people who understand the importance of the little details. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ste. Anne's and creating more memories.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Everythng was so fantastic and peaceful. The treatments were amazing, so was the food! It was quiet and peaceful. The complimentary tea and flavoured water was such a nice touch. The treatments were so enjoyable, especially the chakra massage and mud wrap.

The rooms were clean and luxurious.

The food was delicious and fresh.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Christine M;
Thank you for your review! Our team is thrilled you enjoyed the quiet & peaceful atmosphere, relaxing treatments and delicious food that Ste. Anne's offers our guests. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have visited Ste. Anne's Spa a few times now, but each time seems to satisfy and relax me even more! This purpose of my latest visit was my birthday- and the staff went out of their way to ensure that I had the best possible visit. From the amazing gourmet, local, healthy food (plenty of options for every palate), to the beautiful rolling hills to hike on, to the relaxing spa services (I recommend the Earth Stone facial and essentially any massage- especially the seasonal chocolate one that I enjoyed), to the cozy rooms and cottages(and turn-down service…with chocolate and no need to pack any shampoo or conditioner- all amazing Ste Anne's products), to the sumptuous robes (I recommend the ones with the hoods), to the Wellness classes (do meditation after a massage- pure bliss!) to the Eucalyptus Steam Room/Hot tubs- it is all so worth it and wonderful for much needed downtime. I have had an excellent stay whether I have been with a group of friends, my mom or there as a couple!
Definitely remember to bring wine for dinner! And don't forget a book to curl up with during your down time in front of a roaring fire!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the spa or a close spa cottage so that you are not constantly walking back and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

On behalf of our entire Spa family, thank you for choosing Ste. Anne's to celebrate your Birthday! We are honored to receive such encouraging feedback and greatful for your kind words. As a health and wellness destination, our team is proud to offer an experience of total mind and body rejuvenation. We look forward to welcoming you back for another night of peace and tranquility in the near future!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I just spent three days and two nights at St. Anne's and have come home relaxed, well fed and looking forward to my next trip! Once I got over the oddness of wearing a robe everywhere, I gave into the moments that presented themselves. Great massages, lovely surroundings, good food. Greatly entertained and educated by Chef Christopher at a private dinner in our cottage, stretched by a yoga class, rejuvenated by the eucalyptus steam room and plunge pool, challenged by the in-pool treadmill...all in all, a great getaway! The service reminded me of European attentiveness and pride.

Room Tip: If going with a group, book into one of the cottages. While the Vista Lago was a drive from the main...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Trish M;
It was a pleasure to have you as guests! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your experience with us, including your private dinner with Executive Chef Christopher Ennew & the cuisine! We appreciate the compliments and it is always nice to see a guest has enjoyed the amenities and extra's that we offer. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Some people question the existence of a higher being but I have proof one exists and all you need to do is go to St. Anne's Spa to see for yourself. The grounds are what I imagine heaven must look like. The autumn colours combined with the warm weather of early October and the gardens and flower beds bursting with flowers, fruit and berries were in a word, heavenly! Patrons wandering the grounds and lounging in comfortable white St Anne's bathrobes seemed to cast an angelic aura as the sun warmed their spirits. The treatment I received , a Swedish massage, was hypnotic, soothing and totally regenerative. Then there was the food! I've had finer dining, but when combined with the excellent service as well as the variety, large portions and the excellent company of an "angel", my lovely wife, I felt blessed. A trip to the Spa isn't for every guy and I thought I was one of those poor lost souls, but I've seen the light and it shines brightly on St. Anne's Spa!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear JamesDedeTravell;
It is a pleasure to know that we have made your experience a memorable one. As you have proven, providing friendly and efficient service infused with all the right ingredients necessary for an enjoyable getaway is what Ste. Anne's strives for. Thank you for your kind comments on our grounds, rejuvenating spa treatments and cuisine. We hope to indulge you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
Comfort Inn Cobourg
#1 of 2 in Keene
Golden Beach Resort
Golden Beach Resort
#5 of 8 in Roseneath

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!