“Wish I Could Live Here!! Fabulous Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ste. Anne's Spa

Ste. Anne's Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
Uxbridge, Canada
“Wish I Could Live Here!! Fabulous Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Just returned from a fantastic overnight stay for some much needed 'me time', This was my second stay at Ste Annes, and it will definitely not be my last!

The team at Ste Annes are welcoming and kind. They made me feel welcome and at ease. My room was ready upon arrival. Front desk team here are friendly and accommodating. I stayed in the Canopy Room. It was gorgeous and well appointed with beautiful antique pieces, and a very comfortable bed. Everything was immaculately clean and comfortable. I will be requesting this room whenever I return! Loved the fireplace too.

I had the Moor mud hydro wrap for my treatment which was something new to me and super luxurious. Breanne was super professional and pleasant. As someone who frequents spas, I have to say that the employees that I encountered seem to really love working for Ste Annes. The eucalyptus steam room was nice, as was the outdoor hot tub. I used these in the evening as it was a quieter time.

The meals were excellent!! I especially enjoyed the braised beef for dinner and the desserts. The festive flare tea is delicious as was the peppermint cocoa. The service was generally excellent, and there was a lady hostess who remembered my name after my first time down. There was also a gentleman in the dining room who was so pleasant and welcoming. (regretfully I didn't get their names).

The entire spa is filled with festive décor and love the interesting antique pieces and old photos throughout. The new sitting area is really nice, it wasn't there last time I was here. Lots of places to sit and read and laze about. When I arrived there was no snow, and when I left it looked like a winter wonderland. Such an amazing place with breathtaking views.

The bakery has some yummy items that make great gifts. I stopped on my way home. I hate to say anything negative, but I felt this time that the customer service in the bakery was lacking this time. This is unfortunate, but does not affect my view of Ste Annes as the bakery is a separate store.

I look forward to returning to this amazing place. Ste Annes is one of a kind, and is definitely heaven on Earth!!

Room Tip: The Canopy room is amazing!! It was rustic and charming
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear fullager;
Thank you for your review! We must say it is an honor to receive such positive feedback and we will continue to strive to meet each guests expectations. We aim to offer excellence in service and hope to create a unique environment for relaxation, but it seems we missed one area during your stay. The inconsistencies in service that you observed are certainly not to our standard as such we will continue to retrain where necessary. Your words of encouragement are much appreciated and we look forward to your return one day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Courtice, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

My friend and I frequent Ste. Anne's once a year, and have been visiting this wonderful place for probably close to 10 years. We are either day spa guests or we stay overnight. In both cases, the accommodations.are peaceful and relaxing. Ste. Anne's staff always focuses on making all guests comfortable and welcome. The reception area is always helpful, as well as the hospitality staff in the restaurant. The food offered is plentiful, and I respect the fact that Ste. Anne's uses sustainable practices both in their restaurant (by sourcing their own meats, fruits, herbs, and vegetables whenever possible) and in their laundering. The RMT and esthetics team is personable and experts in their fields. In fact, I had the best massage I have ever received upon my last visit (thank you, Ryan)! I look forward to visiting this destination again this summer. Thank you, Ste. Anne's team, for making me feel so special!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear LisaM1232013;
It was our pleasure to make your return stay a fantastic experience! I will be sure to let our staff know how impressed you were with their service. Your mention is very encouraging and helps us to ensure that we continue on this track of excellence. Thank you for your kind review.

1. Easy drive from Toronto
2. Lovely Ste. Anne's Bakery (all gluten fee) to stop in en route
3. Beautiful architecture - feels like the English countryside
4. Immediate service that was welcoming, efficient & accommodating
5. Casa Del Sol cottage was convenient, spacious & perfect for a group of 5 women
6. Spa Robe was warm and comfy
7. Relaxed atmosphere - no makeup ,no need to wear anything other than the robe!
8. Eucalyptus Steam was aromatic, and soothing
9. Outdoor 3 temperature hot tubs were cozy yet refreshing
10. Hiking trails hat magnificent views of Lake Ontario & were well-marked
11. Meals were interesting, tasty and accommodated my nut-free and gluten free friends!
12. a Wild women's special getaway!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear PaigeB1;
Thank you for your great review! We are so pleased to be able to make this a relaxing experience for you. We always strive to offer the best in service and quality to our guests and we look forward to another memorable stay!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I had been dreaming of going to St. Anne's for about 10 years. On my 40th birthday my husband made this dream a realization. After building an idealistic St. Anne's retreat in my mind over a span of 10 years, there was a risk of having my expectations shattered and being left disappointed. This couldn't be further from the truth. My St. Anne's experience was all that I imagined it would be and more. The entire staff do a wonderful job of making you feel welcome and taken care of. There was not one staff member who didn't pass by me without a friendly smile. It was as though it was the entire staff's mission to make your stay the most pleasant experience it could be. From taking your baggage up to your room before check in time while your room is being prepared, to offering you a bit of both salads when you show indecisiveness on your appetizer choices, or happily adding a last minute spa service, and taking the time and care to ensure you are happy with your new itinerary. The aim is to please, and that they did.

I stayed in the Blue Room which looks exactly as it does in the picture. It was perfect for my solo stay but would also be suitable for 2 people. There are buckets of treated logs in the hallway for guests to use freely in their rooms. Facilites were very inviting and kept very clean. It seemed as though staff took pride in their work and St. Anne's. This was further validated when I saw Richard, who had approached me during dinner to see how I was enjoying my stay and accomodations, cleaning the glass tops of the tables in one of the lounge rooms about one hour later. I'm not sure what his title is but I'd bet that cleaning wasn't part of his job description.

I had 3 wonderful spa services and did a yoga class. I took advantage of all the facilities, lounge areas and quiet rooms which were all very accessible and inviting. I stayed for 2 nights (Dec 3-5) and in my opinion, this is the perfect length. My goals were to re-energize, relax and be pampered. With the help of St. Anne's and the wonderful staff, my misson was accomplished. I will definitely be returning (hopefully with my husband on our anniversary) in the very near future.

I applaud St. Anne's for running such a well organized, well kept and soothing spa.

One last tip - St. Anne's allows you to bring your own wine or alcohol, which they will happily refrigerate and bring out as needed.

Room Tip: Stay in the Main Inn if you like the idea of walking in your terry cloth robe for the majority of th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Makirz;
Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest! We are especially pleased to learn that you enjoyed our signature spa services and must agree, Richard is fabulous! Your comments on our food, accommodation and facilities are appreciated in combination with the warm customer service provided by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ste. Anne's to share the experience with your husband.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Ste. Anne's is a magical place nestled into the most picturesque landscape. We were met with a friendly welcome and warm hospitality, given a cozy robe, slippers, hot tea and homemade granola. We stayed in the most delightful & cozy cottage. The food was amazing...it felt like all we did was eat. We enjoyed the hot baths, mind clearing eucalyptus steam room, quiet/reflection rooms, foot massagers, wellness classes and relaxing spa treatments. Whether you need to get away on your own or share an unforgettable day, night, weekend with friends & family…once you’ve had a taste of Ste. Anne’s you will want to return again and again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Innkeeper's cottage, it was huge and private...would stay there again in a hear...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear phaira;
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are very happy that you were able to experience & enjoy what Ste. Anne's has to offer. We aim to provide a serene oasis for those who wish to unwind and find solace from our hectic lives. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to greeting you with a warm welcome upon your return.
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I've wanted to go to St. Anne's Spa for a few years and finally got the chance recently (Nov 21).
I've been trying to come up with the right words to describe the experience, but feel few words truly capture the feel, atmosphere, service, vibe, people & food of St. Anne's Spa. The experience was simply - the best!

From our reservation agent Cynthia, who ensured that the needs of all 5 guests were accommodated, to Gail (Gayle) who escorted us to the spacious and ever so comfortable Inn Keepers Cottage, to Irena, who helped us decide on lunch & dinner choices and to all staff at St. Anne's Spa, thank you for a memorable experience.

If you are looking to escape to a magical place, a Spa unlike any other, where you can leave your shoes at the door and where your troubles melt away - St. Anne's is the place to go! From the minute we arrived, we began planning our next visit.

Simply - the best!

Room Tip: If you are going with a group of 4 or 5, consider staying in either the Doll's House or the Inn...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear dwyeram;
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We truly appreciate you sharing your experience and taking the time to reflect on your stay. Our goal is to always provide you with exceptional quality and service to ensure your stay is memorable. We look forward to seeing you in the near future and will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff!
Dundas, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I recently visited Ste. Anne's Spa, with my partner of 17 years. This visit afforded me the opportunity to kick back and relax, but more importantly to reconnect with my wife in a most intimate way. As a guy, I immediately began searching for a remote, but to my surprise there was not a screen in sight, and now in reflection of an experience passed by, I am thankful, that I did not blow this time away affixed to a screen. Rather, my wife and I enjoyed each other, with limited distraction. We talked, laughed, walked, read, played games, napped, enjoyed the steam rooms, the hot tubs and plunge pools. Ste. Anne's, does not miss a beat when it comes to detail, the fire places, board games, reading materials, tea and blankets, we ate like kings and queens. My wife and I had 3 services, deep tissue massage , Caribbean foot therapy and the scalp rejuvenation, these services were amazing, I highly recommend them all. The staff were caring , accommodating and very delightful to be around especially Richard ,who not only cleared my coffee cup away, but also offered to refill it. I can't say enough good things, but I will end my review with saying that I truly enjoyed being able to bring my own Single Malt Scotch, and leisurely enjoy it anywhere throughout the facility, this was a bonus!

Room Tip: We stayed in the West Haldimand Spa Cottage, and it was perfect....what a tub!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alexander C
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Alexander C;
Your review is very refreshing to read and your comments and words so very thoughtful, thank you!We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed our signature spa services and attentive staff as guest feedback is an invaluable tool for us in our quest to provide the ideal guest experience. We are thrilled that you also enjoyed the relaxed and laid back nature of our spa and we look forward to having you as our guests again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
Comfort Inn Cobourg
Elmhirst's Resort
Elmhirst's Resort
#1 of 2 in Keene
Mackechnie House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!