“Ahhhhhmazing”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
Newmarket, Canada
“Ahhhhhmazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I just booked my third visit to Ste. Anne's Spa. I have stayed at Ste. Anne's overnight with friends and can't imagine any spa could provide a better experience. Our cottage had lovely views of the water, the rooms were spacious, comfortable, cozy and well appointed in every way. A lovely balcony let us enjoy a glass of wine in the evening outdoors and the fireplace in my room was just perfect. The cottage had a very large shared space that had a kitchen, living room, t.v. and a hot tub just outside. Lunch was incredible, with exquisite tasting food that is beautifully prepared, presented and served. The dining room is lovely and has amazing views. Afternoon tea can only be described as decadent. Where else can you enjoy spectacular views, fantastic food, and such excellent service in a bathrobe while in such a relaxed state? The spa services are fabulous and in my 3 visits have enjoyed various massages that exceeded my expectations, a vichy shower, fitness class and more. Ste. Anne's is ahhhhhmazing. Great getaway for couples, friends or a treat - I am taking my mother this week and know she will love the pampering.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Luana J;
We truly appreciate you sharing your experience and taking the time to comment on your stay! Our team strives to provide exceptional customer service and we are pleased that the experience was nothing short of your previous visits. Again, thank you very much for your compliments and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Visited for a day spa with my daughter and granddaughter. Very relaxing day,felt pampered and relaxed. The staff are friendly, the lunch and afternoon tea included in the package were excellent. The spa services were well done and worth the price compared to other spa. Definitely a good way to treat yourself and family.

Room Tip: Did not stay overnight
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I've visited Ste. Anne's at least once a year since 2006 to relax, recharge, and enjoy myself. In addition to the excellent treatments, food, and activities, I return because of the people at Ste. Anne's. They remember the big things and the little things about their guests, so that every stay is a comfortable and memorable experience. Taking the train to Ste. Anne's makes the visit even easier.

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing of the main inn for a solo visit.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank YYZBonVoyage
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear YYZBonVoyage;
Thank you for your kind words! It is always great to hear that our efforts to provide our guests with an excellent experience have been achieved. We appreciate your compliments and it is always nice to see a guest has enjoyed the amenities and extra's that our team provides. We look forward to your next visit!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Wow! Ste Anne's Spa is truly amazing. I was in need of some healing and restoration and I received that in spades. I still dream of the Eucalyptus Steam Room. The treatments were simply outstanding. I can't say enough if the superbly delicious and healthy food which was so well presented. The entire staff was just great. I can't want to return. Thank you for making me whole again.

• Stayed December 2013
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear TravelLady86;
On behalf on our entire hospitality team, thank you for your kind review of our amenities, spa services and cuisine! We’re so glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and friendly service that Ste. Anne's provides. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest! We look forward to your return!
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

They pretty much have it right. And when they don't, they fix it 'til it is. They don't really need this review. Their excellence has been well-documented by reviewers both here and on other sites. But there were too many moments of wanting to pinch myself that I needed to write'em up! I'll try to keep it brief, :)

I went for an overnight stay with my gf to celebrate her birthday using a coupon voucher. Yes, they do coupons, they also seem to have a relationship with spalotto.com; making things more affordable for those on a budget. To address that point, the pricetag does look steep -- and make no mistake, this isn't a value lodge -- but it's not as bad as it first appears. The pricetag includes four multi-course meals (breakfast, lunch, tea time & dinner), includes a hundred something credit for a spa service that's potentially re-imbursable by corporate health plans, credit for a wellness class, and unlimited use of their grounds (pools, tennis court + ball machine [I'm a bit of a tennis nut], steam/sauna rooms), and unlimited drinks (coffee, tea & flavoured waters) and granola! Spoiler: expect great things from their granola. Overall, you get what you pay for here, IMHO, and thensome, making this an awesome value, hence the reason why they're #1 in the country. Now, the details...

Facilities:
Stayed offsite at one of their houses (Eagle's Nest). Nice and clean, no issues with getting shuttle rides to/from the house when needed. Working fireplace, high ceilings, spacious rooms. They didn't have the room ready when we arrived, but that's likely because we got there before the official checkin time; despite that, they were still apologizing profusely for their tardiness. Their main house had beautiful views of Lake Ontario, so waiting for the room wasn't a problem. Trails across rolling hills would lead into some interesting forests & streams, we saw a woodpecker!

The steam rooms & pools that we tried were nice, clean, and functional (i.e. hot water was hot, not warm). Their piece-de-resistance was their Eucalyptus steam room: if there ever was such a thing as a healing chamber, this would be it, :P We could've stayed in there forever.

Food:
Their dining room has a wonderful view, they rotate our table location for every meal, giving everyone a chance to sit by the window. We were lucky enough to get the window seat during lunch, when there was the most light. One word: breathtaking!

While I'm not really one to know haute cuisine, I would consider their food haute cuisine. But you get filled up too, like at a buffet, but better quality food.

The sad and great thing about our stay, was that there was so little time to experience everything the spa offers for our overnight, that you sometimes end up being time-crunched. We ended up being a bit late for our breakfast & lunch times, but there was no problem getting us in and providing the full experience. We were worried we had to give up our lunch dessert to get to our couples massage on time, so when they matter-of-factly provided take-out containers for our dessert course that we didn't even start, they earned their gold stars, then and there.

People:
Without reservation, this is what defines this Spa. You can have destinations that have the best food, the winningest facilities/location, but if your peoples (and their service) is sub-par, you're not going to get far. (Yes...I had to quit the underground rap scene...it was getting too commercial).

We were likely nowhere close to their worst patrons, but we likely weren't their easiest. Neither of us have stayed here overnight, so we were clueless on what to expect. There were plenty of questions, as well as demands, as this was supposed to be a surprise stay for my gf; so reservations, notifications, reward point allocations, all needed to be handled a bit different from normal. The staff handled it all gracefully; patient with every question, request, comment or backstory that we had throughout our stay.

It's crazy how the word "no" is seemingly missing from their vocabulary, or how they never learned to frown. But it's not like they're barbie & ken dolls: they talk like people (just really positive people), about their families, their experiences, etc. It sort of makes you think of sending them your resume...:P

Misc:
You can mostly tell from the way the business owner replies to the negative reviews they receive here (unlike others I've come across), that they're heavily invested, and truly committed, to making every customer experience a 5-star experience. In our situation, there were some issues with the communication of the deal package (what we initially received wasn't what was stated in the coupon details), leading to some extra payment. I sent in an email with some feedback, sent on a Sunday night (around 9pm) , and less than an hour later, a reply was received from the Operations Director (to be fair, the feedback was sent directly to him & others) that got the ball rolling towards a credit of that extra payment. The refund was nice, but the standout act was: who checks their work email at 9 pm on a Sunday AND replies back within the hour?!

There's a lot more I can elaborate on, but I promised to be brief. So in closing, kudos to this business for having the zenith of product, service and environment in the Spa industry. I look forward to coming back for your fifth star (i.e. consistency).

Room Tip: When we told the hosting staff we were staying at the Eagle's Nest, their eyes lit up and told u...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Dan L;
Thank you very much for listing the positives you had during your stay at Ste. Anne's. As we are always striving for ways to improve and enhance the experience of our guests, your thoughts and feedback are critical to our success. I would like to apologize again for our error you had mentioned and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our management team, to ensure our procedures reduces the likelihood of this happening to our future guests. Again, thank you very much for your compliments and we look forward to your next visit!
Kingston, Canada

8 Snuggly robe
9 Feathery Pear Tea
10 Comfy couches to relax before spa services
11 On-schedule spa services
12 Eucalyptus Steam Room (worth mentioning more than once)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank L0VEpeaceJ0Y
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear LOVEpeaceJOY;
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your kind words regarding the atmosphere and experience. We work as a team to create a warm and welcoming environment for all of our guests and thrilled that you had enjoyed "12 hours of bliss". We will look forward to your next visit.
Georgetown, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

My mom and my two sisters decided that this year in lieu of buying birthday gifts for each other we would spend a weekend away together - just us girls. After careful consideration we decided for a spa get away in the fall at St. Anne's. What an wonderful experience. Timed slowed down and two days felt more like a week. We enjoyed wonderful meals together, swims, walks, quality time and of course the spa services. Before we left we were already getting out our calanders to look at dates for next year convinced that this should become an anual getaway. I am so thankful for our first time spa experience and that I could share it with the important women in my life. I highly recommend a St. Anne's getaway to those looking to reconnect with self and others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Darlene F
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Darlene F;
We appreciate you taking the time to write this wonderful review and we are humbled to share such a memorable first experience. Thank you for highlighting our property, amenities, signature spa services and cuisine. It was our pleasure hosting you, and will look forward to another girls getaway.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
Comfort Inn Cobourg
Elmhirst's Resort
Elmhirst's Resort
#1 of 2 in Keene
Mackechnie House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!