“Great Overnight”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
Orono, Canada
“Great Overnight”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This place is amazing! Such attention to detail. My wife Shawna and I felt so comfortable right from the get go. Richard greeted us with such sincerity. Such a wonderful personality to have the moment you walk through their doors. Then they showed us where we would stay for the night! Beautiful cottage (house) right near the spa, ask for Casa Del Sol if you have a small group and thank me later;). I see a massage therapist a few times each month and I had a fantastic massage, best ever I think. I got up from the table and said 'I have just been touched by the hand of God'! Go to this place, it's worth every penny.

Oscar Buzzone

Room Tip: Casa Del Sol Ryan is a great Therapist
1 Thank oscar b
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear oscar b;
Thank you for your kind words of our staff and your exceptional experience! We truly believe in taking the time to learn about each and every visitor as we wish to create a lasting connection. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to yur return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Toronto
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Similar to most of the reviews, I’ve been wanting to go to Ste. Anne’s ever since a very well-off friend told me about it and similar to most, I bawked at the price. Finally, I decided to splurge for my birthday and found a decent mid-week single occupancy deal. From the time I started my inquiry, until the time I was still trying to make last minute changes, the reservation agents were polite and helpful.

I took the Stress Express to Ste. Anne’s and I was very pleased with the service. It was a quick and comfortable ride, and when I arrived there was already someone from Ste. Anne’s waiting to take us to the spa. When I arrived to reception, even though there were quite a few people checking in at the same time, there was several staff to ensure the flow was efficient. Even if they cannot accommodate everyone at once, they found a place for everyone to wait their turn.

I had the Canopy room. Although the room was considered to be “standard” accommodation, I found it very comfortable for a solo traveler. The bed was so comfortable. I’ve never been a fan of rustic or old fashioned type of décor/hotels, but I was really pleased with the room. The washroom was bright and modern. Whatever imperfections the room had, management has managed to find a way to make it work. For example, this is essentially an old house and the wood floors were really creeky. I was worried I’d be able to hear my neighbours, especially since the cathedral room was right next door. However, in my room at least, there were two sets of doors before you get into the room so this blocks out most of the sound. I’d only hear people when they went in the door, but once they got into the room I did not hear anything.

I really liked how Ste. Anne’s paid attention to detail, and this is where the “stars” come into play. The stars are not about how luxurious a hotel is but what kind of amenities they offer. I loved that you could drink out of every tap and in every common area with a sink, there were plenty of cups. Any place you can wash your hands, there was always a combination of hand soap and lotion. Instead of wasteful paper towels, there were regular hand towels. Although it was a bit too chilly to hang out outdoors, I found there were plenty of snuggle-up spots and Ste. Anne’s even provided blankets. This attention to details is what makes good hotels, excellent. The eucalyptus steam room is AMAZING! Made the regular steam room feel like crap :) For those that find it busy, on the weekdays at least, I found that around 6pm it was always empty. I really liked the Pavilion area (beside the eucalyptus steam room) because it was quiet and tranquil, it was a nice place to unwind before an activity.

I came here to have a mini yoga retreat, and in my 3 days, I managed to squeeze in 6 yoga classes. In certain classes, I felt like I was in a senior’s yoga class but all the teachers were very respectful of everyone’s own practice and comfort level. The teachers always encouraged you to take it to the level of your practice. My favorite yoga class was the intermediate class, it’s taught like a standard beginner’s yoga class with more advanced moves. So even if you are a true beginner or an advanced practitioner, you’ll find that all the yoga classes will accommodate your level. It’s a great place to start yoga if you were ever curious.

I really enjoyed all the meals I had (minus the beef entrée I had for dinner one night). My favorite meal of the day was lunch – yes the burger is delicious! I actually like that Ste. Anne’s is not licensed because you can bring your own wine, they’ll uncork it for you. All of the serving staff I had during all my meals were helpful, efficient and well trained.

I had two spa services the signature facial and the athlete’s relief sports massage. The facial started with a foot soak which was a nice touch. The facial was not the best I ever had, but it was not the therapist’s fault – she was very skilled but just the nature of the facial and the products used (not really to my taste). What I did like about the facial was that instead of leaving the room when you had your mask on, your therapist would work on other parts of your body such as your hands or feet. The sports massage with Andrea was AMAZING, the BEST massage I ever had. If you like deep massages, she’s the one you have to book with. I also LOVE that after your treatment your therapist will give you your care instructions or your RMT receipt so it eliminates the shuffling when you check out.

The only negatives I experienced and it was really difficult to find negatives (and to be fair, are not really Ste. Anne’s fault) was that due to the weather and all the fire places going, my skin got REALLY dry and my room was a little bit musty when I first arrived (I opened the window for a little bit and this solved the problem).

When I first booked my trip, I felt like I was spending a lot of money, so this is how I justified the cost (and hopefully it’ll help you decide). From your rate you’re paying, subtract:

-$120 for the spa allowance
-$29 for lunch (based off of Elmwood Spa’s lunch rate)
-$25 for afternoon tea (lowest price for afternoon tea in Toronto)
-$15 for breakfast (made to order option)
-$40 dinner (average price for fixe prix meal)

After factoring the above costs, the leftover amount was not enough to book a night’s stay in a 4 star hotel in Toronto so therefore, the price I paid was actually very reasonable.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay and will return as soon as I can. I can see why there are so many repeat customers. I had a great time by myself and even made some new friends. This is not a super “ritzy” spa but a cozy, luxurious and welcoming spa. Ste. Anne’s is a well-run facility with highly trained staff that pays attention to the details. They should be proud of their accomplishment and establishment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank yellowpjs
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear yellowpjs;
Thank you, the entire team is proud to have received this glowing feedback! We are thrilled that you could feel the positive energy and caring vibes throughout your stay as it is an honor that you chose Ste. Anne's as your relaxing destination. Our team will continue to raise the bar of excellence, considering every detail as you mention. As always, it is our pleasure to embrace each and every guest with warm, friendly hospitality and we will look forward to your return!
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband, Our dog & I spent Easter weekend at St.Anne's Spa. It was our first visit but for sure not my last. I have to say it was all I expected (from what I heard from friends who have visited) & more. It is a very easy drive from Toronto & very close to get to from the highway cut off. The staff was always very helpful & welcoming from the time we arrived to the time we left. All our spa services were spectacular. We didn't leave without a few new found treasures from the gift shop. We loved walking the trail walks with our dog. The landscape is serene. As beautiful as the scenery was I would love to visit again in the summer when all is in full bloom, Especially the 100+ year old maple tree just outside the dining room window that I fell in love with. It truly is a Gem. Looking forward to a future visit.

1 Thank Ev B
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Ev B;
Thank you for your review! We make it our mission to create the perfect setting for our guests to enjoy well deserved rest & rejuvenation. We are very happy that you were able to experience & enjoy our spa treatments and tranquil scenery. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and looking forward to greeting you with a warm welcome upon your return.
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We just enjoyed a full day spa at Ste Anne's in Grafton. What a phenomenal experience all in quality, relaxation, and service. The atmosphere was relaxed and not too stuffy, you can enjoy the day in your robe and slippers. You can even enjoy your dining experience in your robe and slippers and feel right at home.

The building is so beautiful and steeped with history, you could spend a day admiring the location, rooms and art. The quiet rooms were a lovely haven and I appreciate the games and magazines available. And I must say the couches in the spa treatment waiting area must be some of the comfiest I have ever sat on. The all inclusive nature of the spa is very nice. You don't feel the need to carry around a purse or anything with the complimentary lockers available.

We were lucky to have Judy, Devin, and Tim to complete our treatments. And we couldn't be more pleased with how pleasant, professional, and talented they are. Also, the young red haired lady at the front desk made us feel so welcome and started our whole day of right, unfortunately I did not catch her name.

The food was so delicious we wanted more even though we were full. I never thought I would say the following sentence but, "Ste Anne's Spa has the most undeniably best hamburger ever. It's so juicy, filling and flavorful, and as local as it gets". We feel so blessed having had the opportunity to visit for the day and hope we are able to visit again sooner rather than later. Afternoon tea is a lovely tradition that I would like to enjoy more of. With the delectable scones, fresh jam and whipped butter and a wonderful selection of hot tea selections, it was just the prefect way to end or stay. (I should say that scones aren't the only option. You could choose a sweet plate, a savory plate or a sampler as well).

I have one teensy weensy disappointment unfortunately we picked Good Friday to visit and understandably the bakery was closed. So we weren't able to take home any of the delicious treats or meals to share that we enjoyed.

I am sure any of the treatments are wonderful but I particularly enjoyed the Scalp Rejuvenation and Express Facial. We were also able to enjoy a bit of time in the hot tub and wandering the grounds.

Ste Anne's Spa offers such a unique, wonderful experience, and with 2 kids under 3 at home, my husband and I enjoyed our full day of wellness, spa and relaxation! Thank you Ste Anne's!

With one of my best friend's getting married in December, I also can't think of another way to celebrate her up coming nuptials than with a trip to Ste Anne's Spa.

I how this review encourages you to visit Ste Anne's Spa soon. You won't be sorry you did. (Also, it is so easy to get to, less than 4 kms off of the 401. We traveled from Woodstock and it took less than 2.5 hours to get there, and worth every minute!!)

Dear LesleyBerry2828;
Thank you for taking the time to write this fabulous review! It was our pleasure to welcome you to relax and re-connect. On behalf of our entire hospitality team, thank you for the "5 star" rating and your kind words on our food, spa treatments and experience! Our team strives to provide exceptional customer service and we are thrilled to provide an unforgettable experience for a well deserved getaway. We will look forward to your return!
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I purchased a Wagjag deal for a one night getaway with my mom to Ste. Anne's as we had both been wanting to go there for a very long time. We stayed in the Robin room which was in one of the cabins on the property. Following our orientation, we went right into our first treatments! I had the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Paradise treatment & my mom had the Caribbean Aqua therapy treatment. Soo relaxing & a great way to begin our stay. At afternoon tea, we had a fruit & cheese plate & a sweet plate. Afterwards, I went for a Signature Facial & my mom had a Skin Nourishment Express Facial. Then it was time for dinner! We made our way to the dining room, where I had a Caesar salad & pork tenderloin, & my mom had soup of the day & the special of the day! We were soo impressed with our dinners! The next day we started with a breakfast buffet & then got ready for our treatments. I had an Aroma Stone Massage & my mom had a caribbean foot rejuvenation. For lunch, I had a poached pear salad & the special of the day & my mom had the soup of the day & chicken panini... Our visit came to an end but not before we stopped at the Bakery! We had a wonderful getaway & hope to return to Ste. Anne's for another visit in the not too distant future!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
msgordon74;
Thank you so much for your review. We're so happy to read that you were pleased with our delicious food and signature spa treatments. We strive to create amazing experiences for our guests. Therefore, your comments make us proud and confirm that we are on the right track! We look forward to your next visit.
Toronto
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My mother, sister, aunt and I spent a wonderful day at St. Anne's Spa. If you are coming for the day, it is best to get there early in order to take advantage of all the amenities. I wished I could have walked the grounds (ie. the barn, bakery) but there just wasn't enough time. On another visit, I will definitely have to do this.

The food was good, very spa-like (light on the seasoning) and light enough not to feel sluggish the rest of the day. The staff was extremely friendly and professional. They treat you like royalty.

Although there were a lot of people at the spa on the day we went, the place just oozes tranquility and peacefulness. All the other patrons were very respectful and quiet. There were lots of cozy places to sit and relax and have time alone. Also, they had a great selection of magazines!

Overall, this spa is worth the money you pay for the day. I only wish it was closer to Toronto.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank hyperballad4
Dear hyperballad4;
Thank you for joining us, it was a pleasure to have you as our guests! We are especially happy to note that you enjoyed the tranquility & peacefulness in combination with genuine service amidst a stunning setting. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Took my wife to Ste. Anne's for her 40th - her second time and my first. Stayed in the game room (no comment as to whether I resisted playing with the swords over the mantle) and both had a fabulous time. She enjoyed the treatments without question, I enjoyed mine as well but also partook of a trail walk and a yoga class.

Food is first-rate, HEALTHY and abundant in terms of options and quantities. Of the (four) meals each day we were never left wanting - serving staff accommodated unique requests without hesitation. The atmosphere is consistent throughout all facets of the experience - no unnecessary media is allowed to thrive - rarely have I been able to pick up and read so easily as I was during our stay. Overall service and brand are consistently maintained by all employees - no disgruntled exceptions to be found - everyone was pleasant and ready to please.

All-in-all a fantastic place to go for one of those 'alternate reality' times in your life, wearing a robe all day long, feeling healthy and renewed, surrounded by nothing but tranquility and a common objective for peace and renewal is certainly something that should be enjoyed as frequently as one can make time for. The Ste. Anne's experience leaves you assured that you received full value.

Room Tip: Game room was excellent - one of the best showers I'd had in a long time and spacious enough for...
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Brad D;
Thank you for your thoughtful review, it truly was a pleasure to have you as our guests! We are thrilled to learn that we were able to provide you the rest and rejuvenation you desired for a special getaway. We are especially pleased to note that you enjoyed our cuisine, amenities and grounds in combination with the warm customer service and will share these positive comments with our outstanding staff! We look forward to your return!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
Comfort Inn Cobourg
#1 of 1 in Grafton
Elmhirst's Resort
Elmhirst's Resort
#1 of 2 in Keene

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!