“My oasis!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ste. Anne's Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
“My oasis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I love going to Ste. Annes, it is a total getaway from daily stress and rejuvinates me everytime! In short time at Ste. Annes I feel relaxed and pampered. The staff is excellent and do their best to ensure that any needs are met and make the stay effortless and luxurious. The grounds are beautiful in any season and the food is delicious. I have been many times and I will continue to return time after time. It is the greatest place for a romantic weekend, girls getaway or alone to rest.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have been in are lovely.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Joanna W;
We truly appreciate you sharing your experience. Our commitment is to provide exceptional quality and service to ensure a memorable visit. Again, thank you very much for your lovely compliments, we will look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

From the moment you drive up, you know you've found somewhere special. The main building is absolutely beautiful and everyone is very friendly and accomodating. I went with 4 other women and we were put up in Vista Lago which just blew us all away. It's a huge home with 4 bedrooms and 2 washrooms. Beautifully appointed with gorgeous views, any care we had back home was gone. The services are varied and plentiful, the staff are well chosen and know what they're doing. We loved it so much we've already booked a spot for next year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Andrea R;
Thank you for your review! We are honored that you chose Ste. Anne's Spa as your relaxing destination for a girls getaway. We always strive to offer amazing and unforgettable experiences to our guests and I'm so glad that you had such a great stay with us! We look forward to your next visit.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

A most heartfelt thank you to everyone at Ste. Anne's for yet another brilliant stay! My daughter and I decided to try a spring visit (we normally go in December and August) and it was lovely to see the bulbs coming up and 2 (two!) birds' nests with eggs and protective Mamas.
After an unforgetable winter it was good for the soul to see so many signs of spring on this lovely property. Once again, the staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we wanted. Nothing was too much trouble. From the first phone call (thank you Laura L. S. for meeting all my requests so cheerfully!) to the final good bye (Johanna) everyone could not have been nicer or friendlier. It is a unique experience to find posh and comfortable elegance mixed with kindness and friendliness but that pretty much sums up the atmosphere at Ste. Anne's.
The treatments were incredible, the food wonderful and beautifully served by very friendly staff, the beds so very comfortable, lots of peace and quiet, a certain serenity everywhere and immaculate surroundings. Every single person we spoke to was kind, professional, and welcoming. We enjoyed our chats with Gail (who was equally excited about the robin's nest), Richard, Sandy, David S., and several others who helped to make our stay even more enjoyable. It is a testimony to Ste. Anne's to see people who not only seem to be enjoying their jobs but also work so well as a team to ensure the guests' wishes come first. I feel very fortunate to have discovered this sanctuary several years ago and again, I thank you all for providing a bit of serenity for my daughter and myself. We are already looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: We love the Cathedral Room but have stayed in others in the newer part. It just depends on what you...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Beth O;
Thank you for your review! Our unique environment lends to an intimate getaway where we hope our guests will slip into an effortless state of relaxation. We aim to provide a well rounded health and wellness experience for all of our guests. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and looking forward to greeting you with a warm welcome upon your return.
Woodbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've been to this spa yearly for the last few years and it's become a birthday tradition and getaway for the day for my husband and I. The vast acreage, beautiful natural surroundings, general tranquil environment is something I absolutely love. The food so healthy and delicious, spa treatments are wonderful and as an RMT of 17 years + I can say that the massages are wonderful as they have many experienced therapists. The high tea is our decadent send off and I have to say its an amazing deal for the day! Their product line is also high quality and paraben/ chemical free which is showing the care and respect for their clientele as well as high level of quality assurance. Thank you St.Annes for always making my birthday amazing! I'll see you on May 8!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Michelle V;
Thank you for the kind words on your phenomenal stay! Our staff works very hard to ensure that the needs of all of our guests are met. We want everyone to feel comfortable and right at home with us. I'm so glad you and your husband had enjoyed every moment of your Birthday visit. Thank you again for your review! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Orono, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This place is amazing! Such attention to detail. My wife Shawna and I felt so comfortable right from the get go. Richard greeted us with such sincerity. Such a wonderful personality to have the moment you walk through their doors. Then they showed us where we would stay for the night! Beautiful cottage (house) right near the spa, ask for Casa Del Sol if you have a small group and thank me later;). I see a massage therapist a few times each month and I had a fantastic massage, best ever I think. I got up from the table and said 'I have just been touched by the hand of God'! Go to this place, it's worth every penny.

Oscar Buzzone

Room Tip: Casa Del Sol Ryan is a great Therapist
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oscar b
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear oscar b;
Thank you for your kind words of our staff and your exceptional experience! We truly believe in taking the time to learn about each and every visitor as we wish to create a lasting connection. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to yur return.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Similar to most of the reviews, I’ve been wanting to go to Ste. Anne’s ever since a very well-off friend told me about it and similar to most, I bawked at the price. Finally, I decided to splurge for my birthday and found a decent mid-week single occupancy deal. From the time I started my inquiry, until the time I was still trying to make last minute changes, the reservation agents were polite and helpful.

I took the Stress Express to Ste. Anne’s and I was very pleased with the service. It was a quick and comfortable ride, and when I arrived there was already someone from Ste. Anne’s waiting to take us to the spa. When I arrived to reception, even though there were quite a few people checking in at the same time, there was several staff to ensure the flow was efficient. Even if they cannot accommodate everyone at once, they found a place for everyone to wait their turn.

I had the Canopy room. Although the room was considered to be “standard” accommodation, I found it very comfortable for a solo traveler. The bed was so comfortable. I’ve never been a fan of rustic or old fashioned type of décor/hotels, but I was really pleased with the room. The washroom was bright and modern. Whatever imperfections the room had, management has managed to find a way to make it work. For example, this is essentially an old house and the wood floors were really creeky. I was worried I’d be able to hear my neighbours, especially since the cathedral room was right next door. However, in my room at least, there were two sets of doors before you get into the room so this blocks out most of the sound. I’d only hear people when they went in the door, but once they got into the room I did not hear anything.

I really liked how Ste. Anne’s paid attention to detail, and this is where the “stars” come into play. The stars are not about how luxurious a hotel is but what kind of amenities they offer. I loved that you could drink out of every tap and in every common area with a sink, there were plenty of cups. Any place you can wash your hands, there was always a combination of hand soap and lotion. Instead of wasteful paper towels, there were regular hand towels. Although it was a bit too chilly to hang out outdoors, I found there were plenty of snuggle-up spots and Ste. Anne’s even provided blankets. This attention to details is what makes good hotels, excellent. The eucalyptus steam room is AMAZING! Made the regular steam room feel like crap :) For those that find it busy, on the weekdays at least, I found that around 6pm it was always empty. I really liked the Pavilion area (beside the eucalyptus steam room) because it was quiet and tranquil, it was a nice place to unwind before an activity.

I came here to have a mini yoga retreat, and in my 3 days, I managed to squeeze in 6 yoga classes. In certain classes, I felt like I was in a senior’s yoga class but all the teachers were very respectful of everyone’s own practice and comfort level. The teachers always encouraged you to take it to the level of your practice. My favorite yoga class was the intermediate class, it’s taught like a standard beginner’s yoga class with more advanced moves. So even if you are a true beginner or an advanced practitioner, you’ll find that all the yoga classes will accommodate your level. It’s a great place to start yoga if you were ever curious.

I really enjoyed all the meals I had (minus the beef entrée I had for dinner one night). My favorite meal of the day was lunch – yes the burger is delicious! I actually like that Ste. Anne’s is not licensed because you can bring your own wine, they’ll uncork it for you. All of the serving staff I had during all my meals were helpful, efficient and well trained.

I had two spa services the signature facial and the athlete’s relief sports massage. The facial started with a foot soak which was a nice touch. The facial was not the best I ever had, but it was not the therapist’s fault – she was very skilled but just the nature of the facial and the products used (not really to my taste). What I did like about the facial was that instead of leaving the room when you had your mask on, your therapist would work on other parts of your body such as your hands or feet. The sports massage with Andrea was AMAZING, the BEST massage I ever had. If you like deep massages, she’s the one you have to book with. I also LOVE that after your treatment your therapist will give you your care instructions or your RMT receipt so it eliminates the shuffling when you check out.

The only negatives I experienced and it was really difficult to find negatives (and to be fair, are not really Ste. Anne’s fault) was that due to the weather and all the fire places going, my skin got REALLY dry and my room was a little bit musty when I first arrived (I opened the window for a little bit and this solved the problem).

When I first booked my trip, I felt like I was spending a lot of money, so this is how I justified the cost (and hopefully it’ll help you decide). From your rate you’re paying, subtract:

-$120 for the spa allowance
-$29 for lunch (based off of Elmwood Spa’s lunch rate)
-$25 for afternoon tea (lowest price for afternoon tea in Toronto)
-$15 for breakfast (made to order option)
-$40 dinner (average price for fixe prix meal)

After factoring the above costs, the leftover amount was not enough to book a night’s stay in a 4 star hotel in Toronto so therefore, the price I paid was actually very reasonable.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay and will return as soon as I can. I can see why there are so many repeat customers. I had a great time by myself and even made some new friends. This is not a super “ritzy” spa but a cozy, luxurious and welcoming spa. Ste. Anne’s is a well-run facility with highly trained staff that pays attention to the details. They should be proud of their accomplishment and establishment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank yellowpjs
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear yellowpjs;
Thank you, the entire team is proud to have received this glowing feedback! We are thrilled that you could feel the positive energy and caring vibes throughout your stay as it is an honor that you chose Ste. Anne's as your relaxing destination. Our team will continue to raise the bar of excellence, considering every detail as you mention. As always, it is our pleasure to embrace each and every guest with warm, friendly hospitality and we will look forward to your return!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband, Our dog & I spent Easter weekend at St.Anne's Spa. It was our first visit but for sure not my last. I have to say it was all I expected (from what I heard from friends who have visited) & more. It is a very easy drive from Toronto & very close to get to from the highway cut off. The staff was always very helpful & welcoming from the time we arrived to the time we left. All our spa services were spectacular. We didn't leave without a few new found treasures from the gift shop. We loved walking the trail walks with our dog. The landscape is serene. As beautiful as the scenery was I would love to visit again in the summer when all is in full bloom, Especially the 100+ year old maple tree just outside the dining room window that I fell in love with. It truly is a Gem. Looking forward to a future visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ev B
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Ev B;
Thank you for your review! We make it our mission to create the perfect setting for our guests to enjoy well deserved rest & rejuvenation. We are very happy that you were able to experience & enjoy our spa treatments and tranquil scenery. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and looking forward to greeting you with a warm welcome upon your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
Comfort Inn Cobourg
Grafton Village Inn
Grafton Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Grafton
Mackechnie House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!