“Perfect Spa Weekend”

Ste. Anne's Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
“Perfect Spa Weekend”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We've heard so much about the spa and the four of us finally managed to find a free weekend to indulge. We stayed at the Casa Del Sol, which is the newest cottage, I think. It is a beautiful bungalow with a wrap-around porch. There are 5 sleeping areas. One bedroom with king bed on the main floor and 2 twins in an open area. Another king bed in the basement with a walk-out but it's more like a family room as there is no door. 2 other bedrooms with double beds and no windows. Initially I thought it was wonderful not to have to share a bedroom, but I'm not quite fond of sleeping in the window-less basement either. The spa is wonderful. Impeccable service from everyone, they truly want to help you enjoy the spa. We took an orientation tour and you need it too as it's easy to get lost on the first day. Lunch/tea out on the patio was amazing, the grounds are gorgeous. Meal service tend to be very slow so be sure you don't miss your spa appts. There are signs saying cell phones are not allowed. I'm glad everyone complied. Some were quietly texting or checking messages. A weekend was just too short and unfortunately, the relaxing effect was pretty much gone by time we hit traffic in the GTA. Anyway, it was truly worth the cost. We are already planning our next trip!

Room Tip: 2 of the bedrooms in Casa Del Sol do not have windows
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We are so glad that you finally managed to find your way down to us! Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your first experience here. Next time, perhaps consider taking the train down from Toronto though. We take care of all the details and you can avoid traffic on the way back! We look forward to your 2nd visit with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had the pleasure of visiting St. Anne’s Spa for the first time this past weekend, after several weeks of excited anticipation. St. Anne’s delivers, in spades. First, the grounds are truly breathtaking, inside and out. The stone facing all over the original farm house and surrounding wall harkens back to the English countryside, as do all of the impeccable touches in the various gardens. The interiors are likewise authentic and beautiful. I hope my photos do them justice. The accommodations are elegant and comfortable. The food is creatively prepared, tasty and just right in terms of portions. The facilities offer lots and lots of activities that are good for the mind, body and soul. My personal favorite is the largest of the 3 pools in the grotto - the wave pool. I pushed off the walls and glided back and forth many times, and it was a pleasure to stand under the drops of water that cascade down from the rocks and give my head a cool friendly shower. But you really cannot go wrong when you explore the onsite facilities and all there is to see and do. Even sitting in a chaise and doing nothing is worthwhile. The outdoor pool was open early this year, which made the weekend even more enjoyable. Perfect weather made that possible.

I experienced the Eucalyptus Body Wrap, the Aroma Stone Massage, a Yoga class and the Evening Turn In, during which I helped feed and walk the horses and feed the cows. All of these experiences brought me peace and renewal, especially spending time with the horses.

But here is where St. Anne’s truly earns its fees (which I will admit are on the high side): in the quality of the staff and customer service. I had the unfortunate experience of waking up in the middle of the night on my last night there, with a bit of a health scare. In my anxious state, I required an immediate visit to a health care practitioner, and the nearest choice given the hour was Emergency at the nearest hospital. Salva, the night manager, offered to drive me to the hospital and kept me calm the whole trip. A few hours later, when I was ready to be released, Evan, one of the Guest Services staff, picked me up from the hospital with plates of assembled food (because I had missed breakfast). When I arrived back at the spa, the front desk staff all inquired as to my well-being and Richard, who had given me the tour a couple of days before, came around and gave me a hug. I will never forget the sincere and caring hospitality I received, which was consistent throughout my stay, but even more pronounced during and following the incident.

As many other reviewers have said, yes, you will pay to visit St. Anne’s Spa, and you may have to save your pennies for a while to afford it. But it really is worth it.

Tip: My only criticism of the spa is the online web booking tool. Do not use it, and instead call and book your reservation over the phone. The rate is cheaper by phone, and you will get a true sense of availability. The online tool almost always indicates that there are no available accommodations - sometimes months in advance.

Room Tip: Taste will guide where you choose to stay. Because it was just me, staying in the main inn was prefe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DreaRB
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear DreaRB

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such detailed review of your first visit with us.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed so many elements of your stay, and that you had the opportunity to enjoy some time at the farm as well.

Thank you also for your heartfelt compliments regarding our team here. At Ste. Anne’s, we pride ourselves on hiring caring, sincere and authentic people, and it is always wonderful to hear when our team really shines! I do hope that you are feeling much better now and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I must have been to Ste. Anne's Spa about 8 times now, and I absolutely love it there. Best therapies in my opinion would be the extremity reflexology, and the manual lymphatic drainage. The latter one is a MUST...I can't even begin to describe how amazing it makes you feel after it's done. :) Those will definitely be part of my itinerary each and every time I visit. :) Thank you Ste. Anne's for my fabulous stay. It definitely won't be my last.

SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear engally,
Thank you very much taking the time to share your experience and the highlights of your stay! We feel very lucky to work with such a great team of people who understand the importance quality service. It is always our goal to exceed all expectations so to hear that we did means a great deal. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit!
Reviewed 25 May 2014

As mom to two daughters - one 4 and the other 20 months - the 24-hour stay that I enjoyed with a group of girlfriends was EXACTLY what I needed. We stayed in the Sintosa House and it was fabulous! It reminded me of visiting a "rich" friend's house in high school ;) The rooms were beautiful and the view from the deck and hot tub was breath-taking...

I loved being waited on (for the first time in close to 4 years) and thoroughly enjoyed the quality of each and every meal.

I had 2 treatments during my stay and cannot express how wonderful my experience was with Breanne during my Signature Facial! The next visit, I will be rebooking with her for sure.

While my bill did come to quite a substantial total, it was well worth it as I would recommend visiting this gorgeous spa retreat, without hesitation, to anyone who asks.

It is my hope to return at least once a year from now on.

Room Tip: Put on the robe that you are provided with as soon as you can - it's the best way to truly enjoy...
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear wordtoyourmom i;
Thank you for your review. It is so very reassuring to read that you enjoyed the peace and serenity of our spa. It is our mission to create the perfect setting for our guests to enjoy well deserved rest & rejuvenation. We will continue to create a warm and inviting environment for you to truly feel at ease during your time with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and looking forward to greeting you with a warm welcome upon your return.
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our one nght stay at St Anne's this past long weekend. The serice was top notch and amenities at the Haldimand West cottage were private and cozy. The spa services - facial, massage and body scrub were very professionally executed and relaxing. Property and grounds were meticulously maintained and the food quality outstanding especially since it is included in the package price. My only regret was not bookng an extra night or taking a class while there. Sure to happen next time when we return. Highly recommended getaway for anoyone wanting a little R and R

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear J M;
Thank you for your review! Our team is happy to learn that you enjoyed the rejuvenating experience. We aim to create a welcoming and positive environment for our guests to relax. We will look forward to your return for more R and R.
Toronto
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

So my wife twisted my arm and made me take her to this destination spa. Now let me lead with this. I'm a young dude. Mid 30's. I'm thinking to myself..."this is gonna suck". Let me be the first to tell you how wrong I was and how fantastic this place is.

St Anne's Spa is an oasis pleasantly nestled far enough off the highway in rural Grafton. It's charming, quaint and calming. These are adjectives I hardly use, but are on point. You won't find a more relaxing get a way than this.

The staff's concern is always your comfort and level of relaxation. This is a vacation for your body and these guys know their stuff.

The grounds are littered with amenities for your calming enjoyment. Pools, hot tubs, steam rooms, cold plunges, walking trails, stables, yoga classes and even this fancy machines that you jam your feet into that make your tootsies feel like a million bucks. Hot diggidy!

Then the treatments.....oh snap! They are something else. I was massaged every which way and walked out of the place feeling the best I've felt in months.

The food is included, it's delicious and even healthy! What!!!

The staff! They will go out of their way to make sure your body is on a calming journey.

The rooms! We had the Doll's House. It was a private little cottage just beside the spa. It was very spacious and charming.

This place is not only a home run with your wife but also a chance to reach new levels of laziness and comfort. I didn't spend five minutes without my robe and flip flops.

Now listen. This place ain't cheap. But if you want to feel amazing and look pimp in front of your lady, this is the spot. Book it!

Stayed May 2014
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear TravellinBondo;
Thank you for your review! Our unique environment lends to an intimate getaway where we hope our guests will slip into an effortless state of relaxation. We are thrilled to learn that you also enjoyed the amenities, spa services and cuisine. You have truly captured the essence of what our team works so hard to attain, an experience with personal service that is both warm and friendly. We are grateful to have had you as our guests, thank you again for your kind words!
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is definately a great girls week-end getaway. Only 1 1/2 hours from Toronto. All is included once your there. It is expensive, so be prepared.
Another nice thing, bring your own wine or liquor and no corkage fee. Three meals a day, lots of selection, for lots of different tastes. There is also tea time in the middle of the day, a nice treat.
I had three spa treatments, all great experiences.
The grounds are beautiful, can spend time walking trails or sitting on a lounge chair and reading a great book.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank born67
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear born67;
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you chose Ste. Anne's for a relaxing ladies getaway! We strive to create amazing experiences for our guests and we hope that you have many fond memories until your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
Comfort Inn Cobourg
#1 of 2 in Keene
The Woodlawn Inn
The Woodlawn Inn
#1 of 7 in Cobourg

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!