“Great Getaway”

Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ingersoll
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Elm Hurst on the night of our 20th anniversary and were very impressed by the whole experience.
The Inn is just completing a major renovation and our room seemed like it had been completed very, very recently. The bathroom was beautiful with a great walk-in shower and the room had new carpet, new linens and a flat-screen TV.
Made use of the newly renovated spa, including steam room, spa and massage - all top notch. Dinner was incredibly tasty and well presented if perhaps a fraction over-priced - our server was courteous, knowledgeable, friendly and non-intrusive.
Breakfast in the morning was standard buffet fare but was plentiful and hot.
Checking in and out was efficient, professional and friendly.
We quite liked the property - we got lucky for April in that the weather was beautiful so we were able to stroll the grounds in the morning. We were amazed by all of the fountains and water-features on the property - it's worth going there just for that alone.
I would (and have) recommended the Elmhurst to anyone. We have been driving past it on the 401 for years and were very happy we finally decided to stay a night.

2  Thank Aprguy
ElmHurstInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Aprguy,
We are also glad that you finally decided to pull off Hwy 401 to stay the night! Thanks for choosing Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, and we hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

This Inn was charming and the guestroom was tastefully decorated with a semi-vaulted ceiling. It was under renovations when I visited but will be finished for the May 4 grand reopening. The ballroom was beautiful with chandeliers and windows overlooking the grounds. I would recommend the Prime Rib and Yorkshire Pudding at Dinner. All the seperate dining and conference rooms made the Inn very quaint and cozy. I will be returning to the Inn again. It also is very close and with easy access from the highway.

Room Tip: Third floor had a good view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Dear Gypsetter49,
We are glad you enjoyed your retreat at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Elm Hurst for a weekend away, expecting charm and relaxation. We had the breakfasts, a dinner, and enjoyed a couple of the spa services. Everything was fine, but the inn was lacking the attention to detail and good service etiquette that we would have expected for this price.

Dear jld,
I'm sorry that our service and etiquette did not meet your expectations. If you had provided more detail I would have been happy to share your concerns with our staff. We value customer feedback and thank you for choosing Elm Hurst Inn & Spa.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed in the Lady Connaught suite with a fireplace and king bed. Very spacious, clean and modern. My husband and I have not stayed at the Elm Hurst in several years, so really nice to see that it has been very well maintained. In room coffee maker, however no cream or creamer so unfortunately didn't get to enjoy a cup.

Dinner, very nice, smaller select menu as it was part of a package. We both enjoyed our main meals (salmon and beef) and the vegetables were fabulous! We had a table for 2 by the window, overlooking a fountain, and great service by Walter. We both started with a drink - Ceasars with a slice of lemon and lime on the rim of the drinks. These both looked like they had been sitting out for quite a while - as they were so dried out you couldn't get a drop of juice out of them. I know they had better in the kitchen as the slice of lemon served with my ceasar salad was very fresh. I found it disappointing that there was not the same quality control in place for what was being sent out from the bar as there was from the kitchen.

Very quiet location and great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed.

Breakfast - was a bit disappointing as it was a small, limited buffet offering scrambled eggs, bacon, pasteries, some fresh fruit and the usual continental breakfast choices. The room was filled when we arrived so were seating in another dining area. I guess the last time we stayed there it was over a Saturday night (not a Friday as was this time) and I remembered the Sunday brunch to be outstanding. If we go back again for a special get-away, I'll be sure to stay a Saturday night to get the better breakfast option.

All in all, beautiful spot, clean, very quiet and intimate and would recommend for a couples get away.

Dear suzi52,
Thank you for choosing to spend your Birthday Get Away at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. I'm glad you like our new renovations! Our front desk would have been happy to bring you some cream for your coffee - I apologize for the oversight. Please do come back for a Sunday Brunch!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently spent a weekend at Elm Hurst for a scrapbooking retreat. This was my first stay. I had heard that it was nice so went with high expectations. Elm Hurst definitely lived up to them. I had a beautiful room with a king sized bed, a flat screen TV, mini fridge and very modern bathroom. Our breakfasts were taken with all the guests, while our other meals were in a separate room. All of the food we had was very tasty with a really good variety. I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank warytravellerrs

Dear warytravellers,
I'm glad that we lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed your scrapbooking retreat at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Elm Hurst as part of a weekend dinner outing with a group. The room was a king sized room and had plenty of room and was appointed well. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was nice with the glass walled shower stall. A mini fridge and coffee maker was included as well as a nice flat screen TV.
A pleasant stay.
This was our second stay in this hotel. The year before we were in a room with 2 queen beds which was not quite as nice as the king.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Dear londonwesty,
Thank you for making a return trip to Elm Hurst inn & Spa. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My hubby and I have enjoyed Sunday brunch on two separate occasions in this wonderful establishment.
The service, quality and variety of food definitely satisfied our taste buds. The environment and delightful little dining rooms were very inviting and comfortable.
Maybe a bit pricey for some but for those of us who have eaten brunches at other places for more money and left disappointed The Elmhurst is EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rzivku

Dear Rziuku,
Thanks for sharing your 'Triple A' review of our Sunday Brunch. We think it's one of the best around too!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingersoll
Idlewyld Inn & Spa
#1 of 41 in London
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Ingersoll
Central London
Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries

Been to Elm Hurst Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!