My husband recently surprised me with a surprise stay at Elm Hurst for my birthday! Although the first room we were given had a horrible stale odor of paint fumes due to 'recent renovations' and was extremely hot due to the west facing sunny windows which had no window coverings put back up on yet (?!?), I have to say that Jesse working the front desk was very understanding and seemed happy to move us to an alternate room. Although it was inconvenient to have to move rooms a couple of hours after arriving, our new room was absolutely fantastic and we were happy they had an alternate room to offer us! We really appreciate and compliment Elm Hurst (Jesse) for their front desk customer service practice and standards!
We also ate dinner and breakfast on property and I would have to agree with the review ahead of me who commented on 'Lackluster Service' as far as the restaurant service was concerned. For 5 star dining I have come to expect the 'little extras' including taking appetizer plates away before dinner plates arrive as well as taking the dinner plates away before dessert plates etc. At breakfast it was hard to find a server to request a coffee refill, so why not just leave the carafe on the buffet table for guests to help themselves?
The dinner appetizers (we enjoyed a few!) were all above average and fantastic in freshness, taste, and presentation and was an enticing start to our dinner experience! My dinner (prime rib) was cooked to my liking and tasty however, I could tell it had been sitting under heat lamps prior to reaching our table and everything was 'warm' at best. The meat and veg all had a dried out crust on top but was brought back to life when I flipped everything over, refreshing it in the au jus on my plate! I also ordered a side of garlic shrimp to accompany my beef but it also had sat too long prior to reaching our table creating a wilting mess of greens underneath oil covered, yet dried out shrimp. I most certainly would not suggest the shrimp! Unfortunately, our server did not return to ask us how we were enjoying our meal until we were finished :( Desserts were fantastic! Decadent and fresh, almost hard to resist one (or two) to go!
Overall a nice overnight escape and a wonderful surprise from my thoughtful husband! As far as some of the 'down sides' we experienced goes, perhaps just an 'off night' for Elm Hurst but without constructive critique, how can they improve?
The property itself is absolutely gorgeous with plenty of nature, walking trails, waterfalls and gazebos to relax in ... a real treat to enjoy in itself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located an hour west of Toronto and a short drive from London and Woodstock, this 49 room Inn and Victorian Mansion Dining room sits on 33 acres of countryside, just off Hwy 401. Comfortable guest rooms, renowned cuisine, attentive service, private dining rooms, elegant reception spaces and beautiful grounds have made Elm Hurst Inn & Spa a popular destination for getaways, celebrations and corporate events. Enjoy extra pampering at our on-site Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Elm Hurst Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elm Hurst Inn And Spa
- Elm Hurst Hotel Ingersoll
- Elm Hurst Inn & Spa Ingersoll, Canada - Ontario