“Nice quiet getaway”

Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ingersoll
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We came here for our anniversary after an extremely busy week all we wanted was to relax in a jacuzzi and maybe watch a movie, the room booked had no working TV after they tried to get it going and were unsuccessful they moved us to a different room this was a huge upgrade and we felt very spoiled. What a beautiful room this is our third time at the elm guest inn and each time we are always glad we came. My only complaint is the items at the breakfast were quite cold including the coffee.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank biggerbelly

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I just had the pleasure of bringing people from all across Ontario and Canada to a Quaint little Inn called The Elm Hurst Inn and Spa for a 3 day conference. I would highly recommend this location if you are looking to host a small conference (75 people) the charm of this establishment is wonderful, the food is fabulous, the entire place has just been renovated. All and all a fantastic experience, my guests were tickled, the ones that waited too long to book and had to find alternate accommodation where upset with themselves for being tardy. Location is 1 minute off the 401, yet the design of the grounds made it nearly impossible to hear the traffic of the 401.
Thank you Alon, Theresa, and Tabitha for making me look so good!!!!

Room Tip: The grounds make every room grand at this location
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Wayne D
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I had the pleasure of staying 3 nights. Great newly renovated rooms, excellent food, very professional staff, and a great setting. Also, enjoyed the nature trail in the valley.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank FrieVG
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The only reason we went to Ingersoll was to stay at the Elm Hurst Inn, based on reviews on TripAdvisor. You should understand that Ingersoll is in the middle of farm country, though it has a great little Thai restaurant in addition to the inn (see my review under restaurants). There's not a lot to do locally other than relax and enjoy the spa and surroundings.

The inn has beautiful grounds, with many fountains, a large pond, and a stream in the rear. It would make great place for a wedding, except for one flaw - a four-lane freeway was built adjacent to the inn, and the truck noise detracts from the beautiful surroundings.

Happily, the freeway noise was not apparent in our room, which was nicely furnished with comfortable beds and a clean, very modern bathroom.

We had lunch the first day at the inn and though it was pricey, the service was excellent and the french fries served with my sandwich were the best I have had in my life! Seasoned with sea salt and crispy on the outside while soft and hot on the inside, I would eat there again just for the fries.

Though again a bit pricey, the massage I received at the spa was both effective and luxurious.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danville_Dave
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We had a fabulous room with a modern bathroom-very clean. Dinner was amazing with great sized portions and wonderful service. Our trip to the spa was relaxing and peaceful. The staff was very professional in the spa, restaurant and at the front desk. All of our needs were met and exceeded thanks to the general manager Alon Gurman--it was a very special time away!! I will recommend the Elmhurst Inn to all my friends visiting southwestern Ontario! Beautiful!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank CalgaryGirl1234
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We wanted to celebrate my mom's 65th birthday party and we originally thought we should try to book a spa weekend in Niagara on the lake. After attending the 140th birthday open house for the inn, we decided to book a weekend there. What a wonderful choice!!! We had the most beautiful stay. The spa was peaceful and inviting with the staff being very warm and friendly. They did a great job on our manicures and pedicures. I have been to alot of different spas and the one at the Elm hurst is top notch. The accommodations were beautiful and the grounds outstanding with the ample trees and multiple gardens and flowers. The staff were very professional and went out of their way to ensure that all of our needs were met. Theresa Pinkerton, sales manager, inquired about upgrading us to a modern exquisite suite. Alon Gurman, general manager, went out of his way to make our stay a memorable one. The restaurant was very relaxing and the staff very prompt and friendly. It is set in the original home of the family that owned the Elm hurst. It has an eclectic feel about it. The food was beyond words. Everyone of our dishes was delicious with large serving sizes. We were impressed with everything we ate from the appetizers to the fabulous dessert! We continued to celebrate by having drinks on the relaxing patio. The inn was hosting two weddings that weekend and you would not known it. We felt like we were the only guests there. It was so quiet and relaxing.The buffet breakfast in the morning was wonderful with a lot of attention to detail even down to the small jars of jam that they put out for the guests. We left feeling refreshed and satisfied. I would highly recommend the inn to anyone coming from near or far. We were treated like royalty and would go back without any reservations. I have recommended the experience to everyone I know!!!! Thank you to all of the staff at the Elm Hurst and to Shmuel Farhi for making my mom's birthday one to remember!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank chiromom3
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My husband recently surprised me with a surprise stay at Elm Hurst for my birthday! Although the first room we were given had a horrible stale odor of paint fumes due to 'recent renovations' and was extremely hot due to the west facing sunny windows which had no window coverings put back up on yet (?!?), I have to say that Jesse working the front desk was very understanding and seemed happy to move us to an alternate room. Although it was inconvenient to have to move rooms a couple of hours after arriving, our new room was absolutely fantastic and we were happy they had an alternate room to offer us! We really appreciate and compliment Elm Hurst (Jesse) for their front desk customer service practice and standards!
We also ate dinner and breakfast on property and I would have to agree with the review ahead of me who commented on 'Lackluster Service' as far as the restaurant service was concerned. For 5 star dining I have come to expect the 'little extras' including taking appetizer plates away before dinner plates arrive as well as taking the dinner plates away before dessert plates etc. At breakfast it was hard to find a server to request a coffee refill, so why not just leave the carafe on the buffet table for guests to help themselves?
The dinner appetizers (we enjoyed a few!) were all above average and fantastic in freshness, taste, and presentation and was an enticing start to our dinner experience! My dinner (prime rib) was cooked to my liking and tasty however, I could tell it had been sitting under heat lamps prior to reaching our table and everything was 'warm' at best. The meat and veg all had a dried out crust on top but was brought back to life when I flipped everything over, refreshing it in the au jus on my plate! I also ordered a side of garlic shrimp to accompany my beef but it also had sat too long prior to reaching our table creating a wilting mess of greens underneath oil covered, yet dried out shrimp. I most certainly would not suggest the shrimp! Unfortunately, our server did not return to ask us how we were enjoying our meal until we were finished :( Desserts were fantastic! Decadent and fresh, almost hard to resist one (or two) to go!
Overall a nice overnight escape and a wonderful surprise from my thoughtful husband! As far as some of the 'down sides' we experienced goes, perhaps just an 'off night' for Elm Hurst but without constructive critique, how can they improve?
The property itself is absolutely gorgeous with plenty of nature, walking trails, waterfalls and gazebos to relax in ... a real treat to enjoy in itself!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingersoll
Idlewyld Inn & Spa
Best Western Plus Woodstock Inn & Suites
Hotel Metro
Hotel Metro
#3 of 41 in London

Been to Elm Hurst Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!