“B-day celebration extraordinaire”

Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ingersoll
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This past week my partner and I took my parents for my Mother's B-day at the Elmhurst. It was our first visit and we loved it: beautiful grounds, large clean, modern yet chic, well appointed rooms. The Inn did a special request for dinner - no hitches, no reminders needed. They even ordered a special desert as my Dad is diabetic.
Staff our VERY friendly and knowledgeable.
All in all a stunning Hotel and Restaurant.

Room Tip: We loved 305 and 307 with large Church-like high windows looking out back.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Derek B
Brittany L, Front Office Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We celebrated my Mom's 70th Birthday at the Elm Hurst's Sunday Brunch. It was a fabulous setting, the food was great and our server Dianne was just amazing. I'm certain that today's brunch ranks up there as my Mom's favourite day's of all time. Thanks so much to the wonderful staff at the Elm Hurst who helped make this a very special day for our family.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TorontoUrbanist

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed dining in our restaurant. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I simply can't say enough good things about the entire staff at the El Hurst, the accommodations and the restaurant. From the personal greeting at the front desk to my favorite waiter having my table complete with a glass of my favorite wine waiting for me, to being greeted by name at breakfast and a bit of personal conversation, to such a courteous checkout ... I'm treated like family. We joke, we talk, we laugh, we relate. It means so much to me. I stop often at the Elm Hurst on my way to see my aging mother ... an oasis that takes all the drudgery out of a long trip. I feel welcomed and pampered and cared for. When I stop very frequently, they know that mom is not doing well and ask and sympathize. When I'm coming at my more regular rate they ask about my trip, and the usual affairs of the world. And remember that when I first stopped they didn't know me from Adam ... but they remember and care. The accommodations are perfect ... nothing better than looking out over the Ontario countryside and relaxing in the well appointed room. The restaurant is as good as any that you would find in large cities. And all of this just minutes off the freeway. Couldn't ask for more. And as I check in, check out, eat dinner, have breakfast ... I see staff relating to all guests in a similar way ... first time guest or frequent "flyer". Can't say enough good things.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the back of the hotel overlooking the countryside.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Donna P

Thank you for your review Donna. We're glad you enjoy staying with us and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband & I stayed at the Elm Hurst Inn beginning of July. It's a nice place with pretty grounds. Our stay included a buffet breakfast, which was quite good. We did not visit the spa, however even for those not wishing to book an appointment can still use the steamroom and hottub. All-in-all, a good place to stay if you're in the area. Decent price for what you get.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I booked an overnight package that included dinner and breakfast for my husband's recent birthday. We often stay at Ontario's Finest Inns, and the Elm Hurst is a member inn that we had never visited (I believe they recently rejoined that group). The inn rooms are nicely appointed and very spacious and comfortable, though not as charming as some places we've stayed. The food, however, was excellent, as was the service. The staff were lovely. And the cost was very reasonable. And the grounds of the inn were incredibly beautiful. It was hard to believe we were a stone's throw from the 401 Highway. It felt as though we were tucked away in some idyllic postcard setting. I, like some other reviewers, find it hard to believe we've never been here before. It's a beautiful gem, very close to everything in Southern Ontario.

2  Thank Anne19561018
alon g, General Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Anne,
Thank you very much for a great review. We are very proud to be part of Ontario Finest Inns club, thank to them we reach for a unique group of guests who prefer to spend time in different Inns in Ontario.
I will share you warm compliments with our team, they are always happy to hear good comments.
Hope to meet with you in your next stay with us.

Best regards,
Alon

Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. It was the second time we've stayed here for our anniversary in fact. Everything was fine and the staff was very friendly. Our dinner was perfect. The only complaint we have is that the A/C unit was extremely noisy. Every time it kicked in it was like a jet was flying low overhead, waking us both up. I turned it off but within half an hour it was just too stuffy to bear. We didn't get a very good night sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Brittany L, Guest Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your overnight stay and dinner, for the most part. I wanted to apologize in regards to the a/c not working as efficiently as it should. We will certainly be looking into ensuring that all a/c are running smoothly and quielty. We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Just spent one night and 2 days at this amazing venue. Can't beleive we have never been here before. What a well kept treasure! The staff is courteous, friendly and professional. The rooms were clean, comfortable and large. The bathrooms were gorgeous! The Sunday brunch was one of the BEST brunches we have ever been to! The price was very affordable, the food was fantastic and the service was also superb! There are several stations set up in different rooms. There are crisp white linens on the table and the service is white glove as well. The mimosas we were given were a pleasant surprise. We will definitely be back for this brunch!
The property is well maintained and the fountains are beautiful. We also went to the spa and had manicures, pedicures and massages. The Spa was literally across the hallway from our friend's room. They also provided a variety of teas, water, fruit and granola bars free of charge at the Spa.The hot tub was a nice treat as well.
There are several patios where one can sit and enjoy a drink, play cards, read or do whatever. We also sat in the front lounge which was very nicely decorated and extremely comfortable. I can imagine how cosy it would be there in the winter with the fireplace going!
Overall the weekend was fantastic and we will be back to the Elm Hurst Inn for sure!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room here!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nirvana B
alon g, General Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you very much for the great review, our team is our biggest asset, we are proud of them.
See you in the winter.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingersoll
Idlewyld Inn & Spa
#1 of 41 in London
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Ingersoll
Central London
Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries

Been to Elm Hurst Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!