“Caters to more than your palate”

Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ingersoll
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Although we were more than pleased with this inn's cuisine, we were most impressed with the friendliness and concern of all of the friendly and knowledgeable staff, who were quick to remedy any minor glitches during our enjoyable stay. The proximity to the 401, just far enough away, but with ease of access, the fascinating grounds, ample parking close at hand, and the imposing and distinctive presence of the structure itself enhanced our visit a great deal. The Elm Hurst's first-class reputation is well deserved. Those who have known it for years recommend it highly, and rightly so.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor provide an easy roll for your luggage to and from the back parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John J
Brittany L, Guest Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear John J,

Thank you for your wonderful response. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overnight stay and dining experience at our Inn. We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

My family and I traveled 25 from london to have brunch which cost 25.50 and were very disappointed in our experience. The location is quite nice and clean however the service at the table was pitiful. After being seated we sat with no cutlery drinks, napkins and table setting for 10 minutes. After being as patient as possible we wandered to the food serving area where the server was setting tables. I saw her and asked for tea and coffee for the table and she said . " of course". We then found out the waffle iron was broken and they could not fix it. This was very unfortunate as the children were most excited to go here for the fresh waffles which they had in the past. The children were told by the staff to have an omelette which is no substitute for an 8 and 10 year old. The rest of the food seemed standard with eggs, cheese, potatoes, fresh fruit and salads which were very good. The roast beef was flavorless and quite tough. A nice piece of ham would be a good compliment but they had none. The deserts were very splendid however the cook was gone most of the time. The cheesecake was amazing and fresh strawberries with a chocolate fountain was great.
My service at the table continued to be terrible. I was never asked if I wanted more coffee ever. The dirty plates I had to clear them myself. The server forgot the formosa with our meal. No salt pepper or other condiments on the table. She never came once without us flagging her down like a taxi in NY city. Needless to say if you are looking to pay full price for a place that offers good service I would suggest elsewhere. I'm sure you will find better food and service at many other locations in London. It takes more than a gingerbread house and pretty fountain to impress me. Keep driving

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Tracey N
Reviewed 25 September 2013

A good friend of mine relayed an experience with this Inn to me just recently. They had booked a room on the second floor with a king size bed, fireplace and seating so that they could enjoy the gift certificate that they were given. To their surprise the room was given out to someone in a wedding party. They were offered the only available room with a queen size bed and a chair to watch TV.. at a rate of $149 versus the $199 . To their dismay, the manager made no apologize for the screw-up and had a oh well attitude. They subsequently had to travel 45 minutes back to their relatives home to have somewhere to stay for the night.

I would have thought that the management would have at least attempted to find them accommodations at another Inn or something but that did not happen!

They went on their way and needless to say were very disappointed. In fact, I have been offered the coupon at a reduced rate.. $50 just for them to get rid of it.

This Inn should be ashamed of themselves for such poor treatment of guests that had reservations......

2  Thank Wayne C
alon g, General Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Mr. WayneC,

I am sorry to hear that your friend was disappointed in our service. I had the pleasure of meeting with them and first offered them a Deluxe Room with One Queen on the second floor. Since that did not fully meet their expectations I offered to have them wait for a short period of time to look into how we could accommodate all of their requests. Unfortunately, we were unable to fix the situation in a timely manner and the guests departed disappointed. Before they departed, I informed them that when they rebook their room they would be provided with a free upgrade to one of our suites, based on availability at time of booking, and that we would provide them with additional services complimentary due to the inconvenience.

Again I do apologize for the inconvenience however we certainly tried our best to accommodate their requests afterwards.
I will appreciate if your friend can contact me at 519-4855321 #236
Alon Gurman

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We took our mother (my sister and I) for her birthday, stayed Sep 22-23rd. Beautiful place, excellent service, the buffet dinner was fabulous I have a gluten and lactose allergy and kitchen staff were so helpful with advising my choices for dinner very impressed. The room was beautiful and the bed was so comfortable. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DeniseKidd
Brittany L, Guest Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear DeniseKidd,

Thank you for your wonderful review and allowing us to celebrate your mother's birthday with you. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a relaxing two days away. Our kitchen staff certainly do try to accommodate all allergy requests to their best abilities. We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

From the grounds to the welcoming entry of Elmhurst Inn we were very impressed with the cleanliness and stunning décor. Elmhurst Inn offers the unique atmosphere of a restored home and yet provides classic well-appointed modern fixtures and furniture within the suites.

After a wonderful comfortable nights rest we enjoyed their delightful breakfast in the warm sunny room off the main lobby.

Thank you for a wonderful stay. We look forward in visiting Elmhurst Inn again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ColleenC1973

Dear ColleenC1973,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and enjoyed our Buffet Breakfast in our James Harris Room. We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Very welcome stay.
From check in to out, staff was helpful and professional, eager to help.
Remarkable buffet breakfast, good crisp bacon, eggs, cereal, very cute little jam pots.
And to top it off, a delightful English lady serving us.
The hotel is a bit older, but the rooms were very tasteful.
We actually came as a get away as we take care of our 87 yr old mother, and extremely quiet for being on the 401, the car swoosh in the background almost was like a water fall.
Would return, definitely.

Dear SeekADeal,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and loved our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped in for the Sunday night Prime Rib buffet after a day of driving in the country. The atmosphere is very pleasant. All staff at the Elm Hurst Restaurant were super nice, polite and professional. The food was absolutely wonderful, everything was cooked to perfection and the selection was plenty and very tasty. I would recommend dining at the Elm Hurst Inn to all my friends.

1  Thank Ildi D
Brittany L, Guest Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Ildi D,

Thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our Sunday Prime Rib Dinner Buffet and Made to Order Pasta Bar. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingersoll
Idlewyld Inn & Spa
Best Western Plus Woodstock Inn & Suites
Hotel Metro
Hotel Metro
#3 of 41 in London

Been to Elm Hurst Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!