“Beautiful Wedding!~”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ingersoll
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful Wedding!~”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our wedding was on May 25, 2013. What attracted me the most about Elmhurst Inn was that the grounds were so beautiful. All of our guests really enjoyed the beautiful get away from the city. The food was also very great and delicious and the rooms were very modern and very nice! we were surprised with a nice bottle of champagne when we came to our room! A sweet celebratory gift from the elmhurst inn staff!

One star off because they forgot one of our cues...and it ended up delaying our wedding. (miscommunication) As well there was a small mix up of dishes with guests. Regardless, the staff was very friendly and amazing!

The grounds were perfect for our wedding photos. The fountain area is very nice for photos~ Or you can have a more rustic country feel by the barns. You can also go inside the restaurant where you can have a beautiful victorian background, very romantic. We decided to do more greenery than country style. The pictures turned out amazing!

What also really attracted me to Elmhurst Inn was the fact that it was a one stop shop. Everything was in one place...accommodation (if guests were from out of town and for us to stay after our reception), the decor (table linens and runners, chair covers, the centrepieces etc... everything was included!) and also a place for us to take photos (rather than driving around to destinations we just stayed in one spot making it super easy for us to just walk to our reception right after). The bridal party rented rooms so it was nice for the bridesmaids and groomsmen to have a quick rest when there was nothing planned for them. My family also did the same!

Everything was taken care of and this made wedding planning much more enjoyable. The events planner was super nice too. I very much recommend Elmhurst Inn for your special day!~!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brittany L, Guest Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear sonjess,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your wedding hosted here at the Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. We are a very popular destination for weddings and houst around 130 weddings a year. We are happy to hear both you and your guests had a memorable time. We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Warm regards,
Brittany Labrie
Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Ontario
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I came with our 6 month old son and we had a great time. Room was beautiful and large. Very clean. The grounds are beautiful and upkeep is fantastic. Dinner was incredible in the onsite restaurant. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Brittany L, Front Office Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear MG7Ontario,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your stay here at the Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. We are happy to hear the entire family had a relaxing and memorable time. We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Warm regards,
Brittany Labrie
Front Desk Manager
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This inn is a lovely spot just off the highway. The staff are so very welcoming ... every time I stay it is like coming home. From check in at the front desk to dinner in the restaurant to the comforts of the room to the breakfast buffet to check out ... I have never had a problem. It is heads and tails above the average hotel and restaurant that you would find just off a major highway. The historic nature of the main house has been maintained and the addition of rooms mirrors the period. I highly recommend this as a place to stop and relax for the night.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the back overlooking the Ontario countryside.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Donna P
AGurman2, General Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello Donna P,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay. We appreciate that the Elm Hurst Inn & Spa is a home away from home for you. We take pride in our exceptional guest service and look forward to meeting you again soon in the near future.

London, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I attended this event last evening. We have been a few similar events and are always very pleased. The food is always excellent with nice variety, and the prime rib is worth the drive to Ingersoll all by itself.
The band was excellent, and the singer was spot on. Very good acoustics in the room, and the dance floor was packed.
Great location just off the 401, surprisingly quick drive from London
Gord M

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gordm743
alon g, General Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your review. It was a great show.
I will share your comments with the chef and the serving team.
See you at the next tribute event.

Alon Gurman.
Kingsville, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I decided to getaway for a couple of days in march , we wanted something close to home and found the Elm Hurst Inn and Spa . We decided on the King Deluxe room , so we booked it by phone, but you do have the choice to book it on line as well . I would suggest doing it on line as the front desk girl who booked my room put it under a different name , so when i called back for a conformation they could not find me in there system , stating it might of been spelled incorrectly , even though they had all my credit card details . In any event we corrected it , but still did not get a confirmation , so I was crossing my fingers that we actually had a room when we showed up.

On arrival to The Elm Hurst Inn , the property is Pleasant , I am assuming that they must do a lot of meetings in there conference room , as there was about 15 work Trucks in the parking area near the entrance , so we had to back around the other side. My Wife and I walked in the front doors , the entrance is decent , with the reception desk to the left and a sitting area to the right. Check inn was uneventful , and the elevator is only a few steps away . One thing that I noticed is there is a reception room to the right of the elevator . The first thing you see from the lobby area is this nasty 1980's coin operated pool table , even has a big number one sticker on the side . If the manager needs a good deal on a classic looking pool table that would fit the image i know a few good people who build them , but for now please lose the pool table, its an eye sore.
We were given room # 304 , it was nice , smelled good , nice big bed , fluffy pillows and flat pillows . The wash room was nice , but you could tell it was either renovated in a hurry , or the paid the bell boy to do the work , as the floor tile is pretty funny to look at at . The grout lines are uneven , and the cuts around the door frame are pretty hilarious . Showers nice , good water pressure , very hard to close the shower door once your inside , as there are no handles inside for that . Other then that room was great , no issues !
Ok so this is where its going to get a bit rough , lets talk about the restaurant . I called ahead of time to book a reservation for the evening . We walked down to the restaurant and were greeted by the bartender / Hostess . She was really nice and seated us in the room just past the hostess area to the right. The waiter was great , very nice and informed . The menu seems decent enough , average selections. I ordered the Sirloin Steak and my wife the Pork Tenderloin . The thing that will get you right away is the price of an Entrée , very expensive , I was thinking that this must be an amazing steak with great sides . The steak and Pork Tenderloin arrived at our table , presentation was average . Both entrées were served with the same sides , Beats, Butter nut Squash. My Steak was very very average , the sides were very bland and certainly lacked flavour. My wife thought her pork tenderloin was average at best .
My 8 oz Steak was 36.00 and my wifes Pork Tenderloin was 29.00. The cost of my steak at any butcher would be about 9 dollars , and there were about 4 pieces of 1 inch pork tenderloin which would be about 5 dollars , as we all know pork tenderloin really isn't that expensive, the sides are not even worth pricing . The mark up for your dinner at the restaurant here is approx 500 % , these numbers are not falling from the sky as I have been in the Restaurant business in ownership and management most of my life . The good thing however is that the Steam Whistle on tap was excellent !! However the entrées need more imagination , and I would think it would be a mission of the Chef and management that you would want your customers to feel they received far value for there money , which we certainly did not . Most home Chefs could prepare that for a fraction of what was charged , we ordered pizza the next night to our room for 18 Dollars from Thamesford Pizza ! Awesome Pizza !!! That was a good deal !
Complimentary Breakfast is offered in the morning, and honestly that was really good . The wait staff are very pleasant , the food was limited but great . Scrambled eggs , Bacon, potatoes , bagels and toast , Fruit , Cereal , Juices and coffee , great job on the breakfast !!

We booked ourselves in the spa for the afternoon , Totally recommend doing that , very relaxing and Make sure you asked if the registered Massage Therapist Named Charity , she is really good , and very knowledgeable . My wife had a facial after her massage and loved it .

In Conclusion , I do think The Elm Hurst Inn is a nice place , it is certainly not a 4 or 5 star , its average . The restaurant was a major disappointment , I do not mind spending $ 100 dollars plus for dinner as long as I feel it was fair value , nothing worse then leaving with the feeling you got taken . I would suggest that if you are staying at the Elm Hurst inn for a couple of days that maybe you make plans to eat somewhere else for dinner , Or just go down for the Steam Whistle !!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Dwntime
Ontario
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Wife and I stayed overnight using a Groupon deal. Very nice room, LCD tv, fridge, wifi and modern style decor in an older looking inn. No complaints at all about the room. Their restaurant is also excellent and our deal included a continental breakfast. My wife booked an afternoon at their spa facilities and enjoyed herself. Exceptional staff at the restaurant and front desk. Not too much else in the area to see, but it's about 30 minutes from larger cites.

Room Tip: Ask for third (top) floor room. Better view and likely quiter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sojenn
Hello Sojenn,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your dining & spa experiences and that you also had a memorable stay. We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I try to come out here once a year. This time I stayed overnight with a friend. The room was nice, but the TV channels weren't the clearest. We also had to keep the heat running all night to have the room warm but it was quite a loud fan. Had a great breakfast and a treatment at the spa. The staff are very pleasant and the place is very clean and quiet. Always keep and eye out for monthly spa deals. The spa is quite small, so book in advance. If you're coming from the GTA make sure you stop off at the huge antique warehouse in Woodstock, it's amazing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Janice S,

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize about the quality of TV channels and the loud fan in your guest room. At the Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, we make sure all of our services are up to date and at their highest quality. Thank you for the antique recommendation. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Alon Gurman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingersoll
Idlewyld Inn & Spa
#1 of 41 in London
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Ingersoll
Hotel Metro
#4 of 41 in London
Central London
Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries

Been to Elm Hurst Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!