“Great Find” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dinos Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Ingersoll
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Saint Thomas, Canada
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband was looking for a place for lunch when he was in the Ingersoll area on business a couple of years ago. Someone recommended Dino's Restaurant. We have been there a few times and the food is consistently good. We usually have the special and have yet to try the ribs which they are famous for. They have excellent salads as well. It is a cozy place but you don't feel like your eavesdropping on the next table. The booths are comfortable and the place is clean. We went to Dino's for breakfast today and it was excellent. I had the Peameal and Eggs Special and my husband had the Eggs Benedict. The peameal bacon was the best I have had in ages, not too salty and very tender and juicy. We will definitely go back for breakfast again this summer and must make it to dinner again soon.

• Visited June 2014

Ingersoll, Canada
“Reliably good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm a bit of a regular at Dino's. It's nice if you want to have a quiet glass of vino (and the mixed appetizer plate after 7pm is a most reasonable price) in the small bar area. They have peanuts too and quietly running TV.

The food is just great. They have excellent mashed potatoes done in various ways each time I go. Their Caesar salad is always quite perfect - compared to any restaurant anywhere. They do their veggies so they are healthy but really tasty. The entrees are always good. I don't understand how someone could say it is bland; I've never had that experience. The only reason I don't rate it as the best meal ever is because I have had fancier meals - at much, much, much higher prices.

The prices are just fine. This is not a 'diner' and not 'fine dining' but a comfortable tasty family restaurant with a big pack of regulars. The staff are efficient and always friendly. I highly recommend going to Dino's.

• Visited May 2014
Ingersoll, Canada
“Terrific Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The food is freshly prepared by a chef who knows what he's doing. Ingersoll is a small town, so the menu is meat and potatoes. Service is good. Price is really good. The restaurant is no doubt capable of much more, but the Ingersoll market wouldn't support it.

Visited April 2014
Southern Ontario
“Had Breakfast Twice on the Weekend Sunday Buffet Better than Saturday Menu Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were a visiting Hockey team playing in a tournament in Ingersoll. The restaurant was within walking distance from the rink, but it was a long walk (maybe 15 minutes). We ate here on Saturday for breakfast and had to order off the menu and we also ate here on Sunday for their breakfast buffet.
On the Saturday, there was about 30 of us in total and about 17 on Sunday.
On Saturday, the food was tasty (toasted western for me), but the service could have been a lot better. Our bill was incorrect, and even after talking to the waitress and having some items removed, I still think we paid for some things we did not order or were ordered, but never arrived. Our son, who ordered a full breakfast, but did not even have one bite, has his plate taken away, without even asking if we wanted the food in a take-out dish.
The buffet was much better and ran smoother and there was no issue with the bill this day, but only half our group returned for the buffet, as a result of issues from the previous day.
I do not think the restaurant was able to handle our large group or the extra rush as the Santa Claus parade was also going on at the same time on Saturday.
So I would highly recommend the breakfast buffet on Sunday, but not ordering off the menu on another day when they seem to be busy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
london
“Not worth the $$”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I had supper here last week..the first time in many years. Although the experience was better the food was very bland and not worth the price. We quit going here because I once asked for a lemon in my water and was charged .25 while purchasing food for my family of 7!

• Visited February 2014