“BED BUGS & MOLD EVERYWHERE!!!!!!”

Knights Inn Kemptville
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kemptville
Toronto
“BED BUGS & MOLD EVERYWHERE!!!!!!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This place is the worst place I have ever stayed at. The room was full of mold. Bed bug bites everywhere. The staff was so unprofessional and rude. Avoid this place at all costs! If staying in Kemptville I do reccomend the Clothier Inn. Older place but has a level of cleanliness and staff is very nice and helpful unlike the Knights INN.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Hoto21
beanbag725, Manager at Knights Inn Kemptville, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
These guests checked in and asked if instead of us charging their credit card they could pay cash at the end of their stay, we agreed. They raved about the changes we have made, happily spent the night, got up the next morning and helped themselves to the continental breakfast. They left for the day. They came back that night, packed their things and left without paying. We had to call the police who then forced them to pay. There are no bed bugs or mold. She was upset because she saw an ant in her room.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Clifford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Upon driving up to the hotel, I was a little weary. There was not many vehicles around, however my mother and I decided to stay here anyway. We were greeted at the front desk by a wonderful employee, given our room keys and away we went. We stayed in a double bed room and it was beautiful. You can tell that the new management is really trying to bring the hotel up to speed and par. The beds were nicely made AND THEY WERE COMFORTABLE. Would have liked to see a couple more pillows on the bed, I could have called and asked for more, but i was just too exhaustive, and that is me being picky. HA. the bathroom was clean and they had nice shower amenities. Did I say that my room was clean? VERY CLEAN. Definitely worth staying again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RVR89
Quddus030, General Manager at Knights Inn Kemptville, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hello Guest
Thank you for your positive review. We always provide neat and clean rooms, wash rooms. Front desk and other employs are trained for good customer service and happy to serve our guests. We are approachable to all Hwy and amenities.
We appreciate you business and hope to see you in near future.
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The beds were ok. That's it. We had to get up during the night to turn the heating system off and on. The key cards were not working so we had to be let into our room. The patio doors were completely frosted and could not be opened. And only a few rooms were even decent enough for use. If you get what you pay for, they should have charged $50 maybe. The place looks like it should be demolished or completely renovated.

Room Tip: There will be a new holiday Inn express spring of 2014.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
beanbag725, Manager at Knights Inn Kemptville, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
We recently took over the Knights Inn Kemptville, and are working hard to improve the property to meet all our guests expectations. We apologize that your experience was not what we would want it to be, and would ask that you please give us a call at 613-258-5939 and ask to speak with Bonnie so that we can take steps to make this right for you.

Travellers are raving about these Kemptville hotels

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed at the knights in the night before my wedding with my wedding party! We had 2 rooms with 2 double beds. The rooms were clean, spacious and the service was excellent! We woke up the next morning, and enjoyed a continental breakfast which included, coffee, fresh juice, bagels, toast, cereal, muffins etc..when my limo arrived, the owner Bonnie, came to my room personnally to inform me and to make sure I wasn't late to make it to the church! Myself and my bridesmaids left in a hurry, and Bonnie assured me she would take care of moving my belongings to my new room where myself and my husband would be staying after the wedding reception. When we arrived, we were directed to our room. The room door was decorated with beautiful paper and ribbons (in our wedding colors purple and silver). We walked in and to our surprise, the room was beautifully decorated, again with our wedding colors and the room smelled like lavender! The queen sized bed was covered in rose petals and lights were strung above the headboard. There was also lace curtains put up around the bed, that were hung from the ceiling. We also received a beautiful basket with champagne glasses and chocolate, and a bottle of champagne. We're were also told not to worry about checking out at 11:00am. That we could just take our time. We also had permission to use the BBQ on site. My husband and I had the most wonderful experience at the Knights Inn! A big thank you goes out to Bonnie, Janice and Tom and to all the courteous and friendly staff! When asked to recommend a place to stay in small town Kemptville, I will be recommending the Knights Inn! The service is outstanding and the memories are unforgettable! - Mandy

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank MandyMK
KnightsInnKemptville, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Kemptville, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for all your kind words Amanda. We're honoured to have been part of your special day.
Valasske Mezirici, Czech Republic
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This used to be Howard Jonson hotel but looks like they change the name or HoJo just sell it... service at arrival was pretty ok but the morning lady was terrible! We used to have a breakfast included so we were sended to nearby restourant which in the end show up as some religious meeting point and not restourant so we go back and after 15 minutes we get milk, bread and 4 cup cakes at reception!!! smell on the hotel halls was terrible and there was a broken laundry machine just outside the window! .... on the otherside if you are really tired and not used to luxury the sleeping was pretty good and bathroom clean. There was quiet in the night.

Room Tip: Take it only if you are backpacker, modest person, or just too tired!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
KnightsInnKemptville, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Kemptville, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Hi Stanis,

From your review, it looks like you stayed here a little under a year ago. Since then, as of July 11th 2013, the hotel has come under new management.

Since we took over, we have hired new staff, and customer service is now our first priority morning or night. The desk is now manned 24-7, so there is always someone here for you.

You also mention the smell and cleanliness of the hotel. The first thing we did when we took over was preform a major clean up of all of the rooms and public spaces. We have cleaned the carpets, washed the walls and thrown out all of the junk, like old washing machines, that littered the property.

We have also begun some renovations which we hope will bring the hotel back up to date. Our first completed project is a new breakfast room off of the main lobby. We now offer a full continental breakfast from 7:00 to 11:00, including muffins, toast, cereal and fresh fruit, and of course fresh coffee and tea.

We hope that you will visit again, we would love to show you the changes we have made.
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed there during hockey tryouts...looking for inexpensive room...not too fussy. This was cheapest in the area. Girl at desk apologized profusely because they are renovating. Sign outside said free internet and free breakfast. Internet never worked even though they tried to fix problem. Breakfast was very limited to store bought muffins and toast at front desk...bring a mug from the room for coffee!! The A/C did not work but the room was clean. It's bare bones and a bit scruffy but the staff were friendly. I found it to be way too expensive for what it was. Almost $100 a night for a double room. Yes there was a fridge and microwave but not much else. Not horrible but not great.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank fancydancer33
Quddus030, General Manager at Knights Inn Kemptville, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Hi guest
Thank you for your feed back,It always guide us further improvements of our hotel.We are renovating our rooms and washrooms.we changed our management which are very friendly and helping our guests.We have charged $96.05 including 13% HST which is lowest for 3 Adults in Ottawa region .I am sorry you faced difficulty to connect internet,the day your stayed because Bell internet signals were low due to bad weather. We have added fruits and many items in our breakfast.you will find a lot of improvements in your future visit at our hotel.We appreciate your business.
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Where do i begin. The place is old and reeked of musty smell. Staff was friendly in checking me and answering my question. Room was very clean and fresh smelling so I would rate this place overall as good for the price. This hotel is a good choice especially with no hotels in the vicinity. I would have expected worse.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Rick H
Quddus030, General Manager at Knights Inn Kemptville, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Hi Rick
Thank you very much for your review.As you noticed during your stay,we have well organised and friendly staff,who are willing to help our valued guests any time they required.We provide well furnished and extreamly clean room and wash room.Our rates are lower than other hotels in the area and very accesable and close to amenities .We are working on to further improve our facility.I appreciate your business and hope to see you in future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemptville
Kemptville Suites
#40 of 67 in Ottawa
Clothier Inn Motel
Clothier Inn Motel
#2 of 3 in Kemptville

Been to Knights Inn Kemptville? Share your experiences!