“Expensive parties but a great bottle of sangria”

Mastronardi Estate Winery
Ranked #7 of 18 things to do in Kingsville
Reviewed 5 August 2013

As with most of the wineries in southern Ontario, this one is very nice. I attended one of their parties, meant as promotion for themselves. 10 dollars got you entry and then all drinks were more expensive than you would pay in some bars. They brought in wood fired pizza ovens. Don't know what they were charging for that. Interestingly enough, they brought in a semi trailer that served as washrooms, rather than Porto potties. Nice touch, I thought. The dj was too loud. I wouldn't hesitate from purchasing their wine - especially their sangria, but I did feel their parties was worth the entry.

WineGoddesss, Owner at Mastronardi Estate Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for your review - we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with important information about your experience with our facility. I'm glad you were able to participate at one of our many signature functions. We do several of these throughout the year and host many charitable events at the winery. We certainly look forward to seeing you back again in the near future. Once again thank you for your comments they really are appreciated!!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We attended a wedding reception in the large banquet facilities located right on the property of the winery. This place can accommodate a large party with plenty of room for seating and dancing. The catered food was fabulous and the owner came around to every table to greet all the guest. Very professional.

3  Thank Jim H
WineGoddesss, Owner at Mastronardi Estate Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank You Jim for your feedback regarding your first hand experience as a guest to one of our weddings! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the food and the setting.

Cheers,
Eadie Mastronardi
Proprietor

Reviewed 19 June 2013

On Sunday, June 16, my husband and I, along with his brother and sister-in-law attended a John McDermott concert at the Winery. We received an e:mail telling us that the doors opened at 6:00, meet and greet from 6:30-7:00 and a glass of wine. This for the low, low price of $60 and front row seats. OK, so the wine was mediocre and the chairs were uncomfortable but that would have been fine had it not been for the fact that John showed up at 7:55, proceeded to work the room, glad-handing everyone in the tent. The people in the back paid as little as $30 for their tickets and when I sent an e:mail stating my case to the ticket agent, I was referred to the Winery. Let us just say that the response I received surprised and angered me. I was told that I got a glass of wine, the seats were the ones I chose and the concert was first class. We had been told that John was a personal friend, so that last part didn't surprise me and I am not saying I didn't enjoy what there was of it but the rest left a bad taste. A 4 oz. plastic glass of mediocre wine doesn't make up for the $30 difference in the cost of the tickets. It wasn't a large venue so I would have enjoyed the concert just as easily from seats a bit further back. The owner was rude and unpleasant and I wouldn't recommend this venue to anyone.

15  Thank Aliron1
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Yes, it is just a winery. If you are looking for good wine, they have it. It is one of our favorites in the area and we found the person waiting on us very knowledgeable. Also have a couple of events over the summer that sound fun.

I'm glad to hear we are one of your favourites. We would love for you to attend one of our signature events - they are always alot of fun! Heck make it a weekend adventure!! Thanks again for your review of Mastronardi Estate Winery.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I live in Essex County and enjoy visiting our local wineries.
This venue is beautiful with gorgeous banquet facilities.
The staff is passionate and knowledgeable.
The wine they produce is excellent!
Locally our area produces some terrific reds...whites seem to fall a little short.
The white wine I have had from Mastronardi Estate Winery is exceptional.
Try the Viognier!