“Overall an excellent experience!”

Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kirkland Lake
Burlington, Canada
“Overall an excellent experience!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have had the pleasure of staying here twice and will be returning for the third time in 2 weeks. The facilities are very clean and comfortable.
The staff are both friendly and accommodating. They make you feel like you are at home. If you need anything they are available to assist.
The accommodations are extremely comfortable, especially after an 8 hour drive.
I had made an error booking the room the last time we were up (got the wrong dates). I was upset with myself for making this error and having to pay for my "no show". Totally my mistake, but an honest one. I was informed the following morning that Selena would reverse the charges from my error!!!! As a single mom with my son starting college I was amazed and grateful for what they did for me. Above and beyond anything I would have expected. Thank you so very much!
I will definitely return again and again whenever I am up to see my son while he is in school.
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone heading this way.
An added bonus for us is the homemade breakfast every morning, definitely starts the return journey off on the right foot!

Room Tip: Hotel is in a quiet area so no real bad rooms. They do have rooms on first floor that have a sitting...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Selena G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello Donna!

What a pleasure to read your review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the travelling public! Its wonderful to know that you enjoyed your stays with us! Thank you for the compliments about our rooms, hot breakfast and especially our staff! I will be sure to share those with them!

I was happy to help with the booking mix up! We appreciate your business and your loyalty! We look forward to being your home away from home while your son is attending school in Kirkland Lake! Have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

My parents stayed for two nights after I saw there was a comfort inn. We always stay at one on our journeys. My mom couldn't believe how clean this particular location was and she loved the breakfast. I always trust trip advisor on my trips and solely went with the other fabulous comments. One last most important comment. On their last morning (was planning one more night tho) my mom woke up seriously ill. My dad (78) had to pack everything up lightening fast and get my mom (75) back home which was a 9 hour car ride. My sister called head desk and mentioned they had to pack up and leave (5 am) and the person at the front desk packed up food for their trip!!!!! Unreal service!!! Above and beyond!! My mom is fine. We knew it best to get her home. Definitely stay here everyone. You will feel like royalty.

• Stayed July 2014
Selena G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Good Morning Kidrus16!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel and service! Its great to know that your parents found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and that the new hot breakfast exceeded their expectations! I always expect my staff to do their best to deliver exceptional service and I am so happy to hear that your parents received just that! I will be sure to share your comments with all my staff, especially Shan who took the initiative to make sure your parents had food to go!

Thank you so much for letting us know your parents got home safe and your Mother has recovered! We appreciate their business and hope that they will be able to make the trip "home" ag
Brantford, Ontario
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is one of the best Comfort Inn's I have stayed in. Quite surrounding which was nicely kept. Free use of BBQ's so you could cook if you wanted. Close to the down town core. The Manager Selena made us feel at home. Any request we made was looked after promptly, example I had asked for two extra pillows at 130 am and my request was met very quickly and courteously. Beautiful city great Inn friendly staff. Try it out you will not be sorry. Thanks again !

• Stayed July 2014
Hello From Kirkland Lake!

What a pleasure to read your review! We value any and all guest feedback but its wonderful to hear that a guest had a great stay! Our guests are telling us that the renovations have made a huge difference and hot breakfast is a great addition to our amenities. I am so happy that the service and cleanliness was top notch! Exceeding in these areas are our ultimate goals and I will be sure to print off this review for my team to enjoy as well!

Thank you for choosing the Kirkland Lake Comfort Inn and for sharing your ecperience with the travelling public. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you again!
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A friend and I stayed there when we travelled to Kirkland. We had a reservation with KL Inn and Suites; big mistake. We promptly went to the Comfort Inn. Staff were very accommodating. The hotel was perfect. Rooms were clean. Would not hesitate to stay there again.
Nicole

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Selena G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hello Nicole!
I truly apprieciate the great review! It was an absolute pleasure to read. Its great to know that the staff and overall facilities met with your approval! Our entire hotel was renovated top to bottom last fall and we are excited to hear that guests share our enthusiasm for the new look!

Thank you so much for staying with us! It was a pleasure meeting you and we look forward to welcoming you again when you are back in Kirkland Lake! Have a wonderful summer!
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have been travelling to this area for over 10 years. Since last year, when the renovations were finished, the Comfort Inn is now an excellent place to stay. Friendly people, well cared for common areas and newly renovated rooms make a big difference. Well done on all the hard work and the new amenities.

Room Tip: Book early this place is usually full well in advance.
Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dino M
Selena G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hello Dino M.!

Your review was wonderful to read! Your loyalty over the past 10 years is very much appreciated, I am so happy to hear that you love our brand new look! I also appreciate your kind comments about our staff and maintenance of the grounds and common areas. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team as comments such as yours motivate them to continue to put forth their best effort!

We appreciate your ongoing business and look forward to welcoming you again!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn many times over the years but this was the first since the reno last summer.
When I arrived to check in I was greeted with a very bright and spacious lobby with a new seating breakfast area - the individual that checked me in greeted me and welcomed me back to the hotel and gave me an overview of breakfast in the morning.
Once given my room - the individual offered to go to the room and open the sliding glass door so that I would not have to park then walk far to bring in my luggage which was a nice gesture; after being in my room for about 30mins I had a call from front desk asking if everything was okay with the room!
The renovated rooms very bright and well maintained.
The following morning I went down to the breakfast area that was being staffed by one individual who was very friendly and keeping the area clean and well stocked - the breakfast offerings were much more than pre-reno - hot offerings, waffle iron and lots of seats. The worker intereacted with me during her duties and was very pleasent.
As I was only in town for one night I checked out shortly after breakfast - the desk staff asked if everything was okay with my stay or if I had any concerns - nice of them to ask. (I had compliments for them - no concerns)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello Brent G.!
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about our hotel! It was a pleasure to read. I am so happy to hear that the staff were a pleasure to detail with and I will share your comments with team!

We are proud of our brand new renovations and free hot breakfast! Its always wonderful to hear that guests share our enthusiasm. Any and all feedback is appreciated and is used to help us improve going forward. If you ever have any suggestions please do not hesitate to tell us!

Thank you for your loyalty over the years! We look forward to welcoming you again!
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Since the last time I stayed the Rooms have all been redone.
I booked my room through e-mail, and we ended up with a gorgeous room! The front desk staff were extremely nice and helpful upon check in / check out. The King size bed was the perfect and the bathroom was also perfect for my wife to do her make-up in.

Room Tip: Book directly with the Manager as she will make sure your every need is met.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Selena G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Good Afternoon KWotton!
Thank you for taking the time to review the Kirkland Lake Comfort Inn! It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are pround of our brand new look and are always happy to hear that our guests are enjoying our renovated rooms. King rooms are a new addition to our room types and they have been very well received. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and will be sure to share them with my team! We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland Lake
#1 of 1 in Englehart
Parc Sutton Bay Park
Parc Sutton Bay Park
#3 of 8 in Temiskaming Shores

Been to Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake? Share your experiences!